Windows 10: My Dell laptop with windows 10 is taking too long to get from lock screen to desktop screen

Discus and support My Dell laptop with windows 10 is taking too long to get from lock screen to desktop screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It shows lock screen and after I enter the password the screen goes blank. It takes 3-4 minutes to show desktop screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kirti Pr, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Kirti Pr Win User

My Dell laptop with windows 10 is taking too long to get from lock screen to desktop screen

It shows lock screen and after I enter the password the screen goes blank. It takes 3-4 minutes to show desktop screen.

:)

Kirti Pr, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Taukonza Win User

Windows 10 stuck at lock screen for a long time

The whole thing started to appear around 3 days ago. The problem is that everytime I boot, windows 10 stays on a weird lock screen without any buttons for a long long time. There are just 4 icons in the bottom right corner (shut down, accesibility, ethernet...) It sometimes manages to get to desktop, and sometimes not. Not sure what caused it, could be a recent windows update, not sure tho. I ran some HDD scans and everything turned out fine, also did a registry cleanup, tried disabling lock screen, and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions or solutions?

Taukonza, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Oct 12, 2020
  4. My Dell laptop with windows 10 is taking too long to get from lock screen to desktop screen

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

My Dell laptop with windows 10 is taking too long to get from lock screen to desktop screen

1. My Dell laptop with windows 10 is taking too long to get from lock screen to desktop screen - Similar Threads - Dell laptop taking

2. Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup: Hello Guys.My computer started a while ago Taking TOO long to open like 2 - 5 minutes and that's absolutely UnacceptableI've tried so many things like factory reset the laptop But Nothing worksMy computer components : Graphics Card : Nvidia Geforce GTX 960MProcessor : intel...
  3. Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Takes Too Long To Startup: Hello Guys.My computer started a while ago Taking TOO long to open like 2 - 5 minutes and that's absolutely UnacceptableI've tried so many things like factory reset the laptop But Nothing worksMy computer components : Graphics Card : Nvidia Geforce GTX 960MProcessor : intel...
  4. Windows 10 taking too long on restarting screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 taking too long on restarting screen.: My Windows 10 now I updated to 11. Takes too long on restarting screen. This happened a month ago. Last week i Updated to windows 11 thinking it will replace OS and the restarting problem was in Windows 10. But still the problem is same. NOTE: this is not related to windows...
  5. Lenovo laptop too long on the loading screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Lenovo laptop too long on the loading screen: Hello, I'm not sure when this issue started but lately it started to really annoy. The problem is that whenever I start my laptop after shut down it will hang way too long on the Lenovo loading screen: [img] How can I tell if it's a problem in the laptop itself...
  6. Too long to see the desktop in my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Too long to see the desktop in my laptop: I manually updated my windows 10 to 20h2 version. After the update my laptop takes too long to boot, to view my desktop. Anybody can give a help about this. It takes several minutes to see the desktop with icons. Please!...
  7. Laptop takes too long to restart

Laptop takes too long to restart: When I restart my laptop, it takes a very long time. The strange thing is that when I boot up my laptop, like fresh boot or simple power on, it is fast and it has no problems ,it just boot up normally. If I restart my laptop, it takes too long that I had to press and hold...
  8. Windows 10 Laptop takes too long to shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Laptop takes too long to shutdown: Of late whenever I shutdown my laptop, it takes so long to completely shutdown. So when I shutdown , everything seems fine and the screen turns off, but the laptop itself is still on, implying its still shutting down. Earlier on it took only seconds before it completely...
  9. sign in screen taking too long to open

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign in screen taking too long to open: HELLO SIR my sign in screen taking too long to appear for password page after latest windows 10 update. please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-screen-taking-too-long-to-open/efb1bfc4-88ce-4640-8d13-426ad5186578
  10. Screen shot takes too long to open

Screen shot takes too long to open: I had contacted your support through chat,and the agent Wasim,was trying to figure out the problems,when he put my laptop on re-start mode,and we lost each other mid way.Neither was any attempt made from him to either call or email me.Now, this is a new laptop,and am very...