Windows 10: My Dell Latitude E6530 Microphone Option Not Selectable, Microphone Not Working

Discus and support My Dell Latitude E6530 Microphone Option Not Selectable, Microphone Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can't use my mircophone on my Dell Latitude E6530. I can't use it for Zoom calls and it just seem as if the laptop does not have a microphone. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TechProfet, Jan 12, 2021.

1. My Dell Latitude E6530 Microphone Option Not Selectable, Microphone Not Working

I can't use my mircophone on my Dell Latitude E6530.

I can't use it for Zoom calls and it just seem as if the laptop does not have a microphone. I need to be sure.

:)

TechProfet, Jan 12, 2021
  2. John DeV Win User

Microphone on Dell Latitude is not working

Hello Mike_168,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I want to apologize if you encountered this issue. I understand you have a problem with built-in microphone not working. What is the model of your Dell Latitude? What is your current Windows version
    and edition?

Let apps access the microphone

Start button, and then select Settings > Privacy > Microphone . Then turn on Allow apps to access your microphone.

Run the Windows Troubleshooter

Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Select the “Recording Audio” troubleshooter, click “Run the Troubleshooter,” and follow the instructions on your screen.

Please check this article if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/403488...

https://www.howtogeek.com/395296/fix-my-microph...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

John DeV, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 12, 2021
  4. hellrazor Win User

My Dell Latitude E6530 Microphone Option Not Selectable, Microphone Not Working

Easy enable/disable microphone?

My bro just got a microphone and I was wondering if there's an easy way to enable or disable it. I know you can right click on the volume icon, click on select recording devices then select the microphone, then click properties, then click on levels, and mute it - but that's just way too many steps, I'm looking for a more obvious and much easier way to do it.

hellrazor, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

My Dell Latitude E6530 Microphone Option Not Selectable, Microphone Not Working

1. My Dell Latitude E6530 Microphone Option Not Selectable, Microphone Not Working - Similar Threads - Dell Latitude E6530

2. Dell Latitude 3410 can not detect the internal microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dell Latitude 3410 can not detect the internal microphone: I have a Dell Latitude 3410 that uses a Win 10 OS, that can not detect an internal microphone. I have performed the following troubleshooting steps.1.Ensured that the microphone settings were turned to on, as well as allowed/allowing programs to use the microphone2.Performed...
  3. Dell Latitude 3410 can not detect the internal microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Latitude 3410 can not detect the internal microphone: I have a Dell Latitude 3410 that uses a Win 10 OS, that can not detect an internal microphone. I have performed the following troubleshooting steps.1.Ensured that the microphone settings were turned to on, as well as allowed/allowing programs to use the microphone2.Performed...
  4. Dell Latitude 3410 can not detect the internal microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Microphone on my Dell Inspiron is not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone on my Dell Inspiron is not working.: Using Zoom for the first time on my new Dell Inspiron whilst I could hear other participants they could not hear me. I have run all checks and troubleshoot programs without success. Sound input troubleshoot reports amongst other things that "Both the Windows Audio and Windows...
  6. Dell Latitude E6530: White numbers/letters on black background?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell Latitude E6530: White numbers/letters on black background?: Learning about the change from Windows 7 to Windows 10. How to I get back to black on white? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-latitude-e6530-white-numbersletters-on-black/2bb1758f-b014-4e66-a6c4-898a2632d586
  7. Microphone on Dell Latitude is not working

Microphone on Dell Latitude is not working: Today I tried to use Zoom for the first time. Unfortunately, the microphone on my computer does not appear to be working. I am not muted. I have used zoom many times on other computers. Zoom is unable to find the internal microphone on the computer. Not sure why. This never...
  8. Microphone on my Dell PC is not working

in Cortana
    Microphone on my Dell PC is not working: Microphone on my Dell PC is not working. Can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-on-my-dell-pc-is-not-working/89d04bf3-bf19-475a-a837-1d4c20f1a4e2
  9. Trying to setup fingerprint scanner on a Dell Latitude E6530.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Trying to setup fingerprint scanner on a Dell Latitude E6530.: Hi all, I have setup and used the fingerprint scanner on this machine while it was running Win 7 Pro. Everything worked well. I have now installed the hard drive from another E6530 which was having hardware problems and can not get the scanner to work. The machine with...
  10. Working O2Micro card reader driver for Dell Latitude E6530?

Working O2Micro card reader driver for Dell Latitude E6530?: Has anyone found a *working* SD card reader driver for Windows 10 x64 for a Dell Latitude E6530? Whatever windows installs by default seems to be a dummy or stub driver. It shows no problems but doesn't actually work. Plug a card in and it makes the sound but doesn't appear...