Windows 10: My Dell monitor is not muting my sound

Discus and support My Dell monitor is not muting my sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My dell monitor suddenly stopped muting the sound to my student. It does mute their voice. But they can still hear me. What do I need to fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JFEX, Nov 27, 2020.

1. JFEX Win User

My Dell monitor is not muting my sound

My dell monitor suddenly stopped muting the sound to my student. It does mute their voice. But they can still hear me.

What do I need to fix?

:)

2. Dell Monitor Camera

I have a Dell Monitor hooked to a Dell XPS Laptop. I want to use the monitor camera not the laptop camera. I've tried the suggestions from a closed thread about activating the camera but when I try the steps it keeps going to the laptop camera.

Suggestions or am I asking the impossible.

SandyM-798, Nov 27, 2020
  3. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

My Dell monitor is not muting my sound [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 27, 2020
  4. AKLIMA2 Win User

Dell Monitor Touch Screen MOnitir & Windows 10

Since installing Windows 10, I cannot enable the touchscreen on my Dell S2240T monitor. The pen/touch option is not showing in hardware/sound nor can I find it under the HID list either. Any Suggestions?

AKLIMA2, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

1. My Dell monitor is not muting my sound - Similar Threads - Dell monitor muting

2. No sound from Dell U3821DW monitor with Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound from Dell U3821DW monitor with Dell laptop: Dear all,Looking for a solution to solve the sound problem with my Dell monitor I came across this thread.No sound from/through Dell U3818DW monitor with Latitude 5520 - Microsoft CommunityUnfortunately, the tread is locked, so I cannot ask my question there. I have the same...
  3. No sound from Dell U3821DW monitor with Dell laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound from Dell U3821DW monitor with Dell laptop: Dear all,Looking for a solution to solve the sound problem with my Dell monitor I came across this thread.No sound from/through Dell U3818DW monitor with Latitude 5520 - Microsoft CommunityUnfortunately, the tread is locked, so I cannot ask my question there. I have the same...
  4. Microphone mutes sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone mutes sound: This has been happening as long as I can remember but only recently has it been a problem.I use a headset with a built in microphone and whenever an application activates the microphone it mutes any sound from other applications and most of the time the sound from the...
  5. no sound on my asus monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no sound on my asus monitor: i just purchased a new monitor and cannot for the life of me figure out why i cannot get any sound. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-on-my-asus-monitor/84404031-68d1-45e8-9a1f-8a597477ca47
  6. Sound works but is muted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound works but is muted: I can raise volume, but the PC mutes it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-works-but-is-muted/8da6ba76-f8e3-4215-a0f0-89bc76ef4dc3
  7. connect monitor to my dell laptop

connect monitor to my dell laptop: how I connect monitor to my computer? the monitor did not display nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-monitor-to-my-dell-laptop/b2817c37-c996-4fab-967b-304704115f80
  8. mute the sound

mute the sound: Previously I would click on the speaker in the task bar and be able to mute or unmute the sound. This is no longer working and I can't seem to change it in the settings. Any advice...
  9. mute sound of adverts

mute sound of adverts: I cannot mute the sound when advertisements are playing on Solitaire. Is it a normal thing? If not, can I mute it in some way or I have to uninstall the game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-sound-of-adverts/3291f13a-ca65-4ac5-850c-dfcf3ff15644
  10. Dell keyboard muted sound if HID service was started

Dell keyboard muted sound if HID service was started: I have Dell keyboard with lattes Windows 10 Pro. Sound is internal Realtek HD. When I type on keyboard sound randomly muted and then unmuted. If I stop HID service and continue to type on the keyboard I did not have any problem except my top smart keys no work any more....