Windows 10: My Dell XPS 8900 running Windows 10 V1903 shuts down when it goes to sleep mode. Help...

Discus and support My Dell XPS 8900 running Windows 10 V1903 shuts down when it goes to sleep mode. Help... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Dear Friends: My problem is straight forward. When Computer goes into sleep mode whether it is done manually or automatically, it shuts down. Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by IrtafaOsman1, Oct 10, 2019 at 1:12 AM.

1. My Dell XPS 8900 running Windows 10 V1903 shuts down when it goes to sleep mode. Help...

Dear Friends:

My problem is straight forward. When Computer goes into sleep mode whether it is done manually or automatically, it shuts down. Please be aware that I tried the Dell support to resolve it. Obviously, they could not do it despite trying all their trouble shooting and trikes. I tried all the basic google and youtube suggestions to solve this situation without any success. Now, it has become frustrating. Can any one help me. Thanks in advance.

Osman

:)

IrtafaOsman1, Oct 10, 2019 at 1:12 AM
  2. Victek Win User

Intermittent problem with sleep mode

I have a Dell XPS 8900 running Windows 10 1803 and have a problem where the PC will enter sleep mode once or twice after a fresh boot, but subsequent sleep commands only turn off the monitor; the hard and CPU remain active. I tried closing all active windows and also logging off, but that doesn't help.

I have "fast startup" off. I turned on Hibernate and it works consistently, however now the Sleep command also puts the PC into Hibernate mode. I ran the built in troubleshooter on Power and also Hardware and Devices, but it found nothing to fix. Resuming from Hibernation is pretty slow and a problem when I need to access the PC when I get a phone call, etc. Suggestions appreciated *Wink

3. ginm13 Win User
    Dell XPS 8900 Desktop

I have a dell xps 8900 with windows 10. I have an dvi/hdmi cord to connect to a LG projection TV model RU-44sz61d. When I do this the TV displays what is on the pc but my original monitor wont work. Any ideas. I tried to detect monitors to set up dual
    display but no luck.

4. My Dell XPS 8900 running Windows 10 V1903 shuts down when it goes to sleep mode. Help...

Ever since v 1903 update My PC shuts down when it goes to sleep mode.Help!!

Windows 10 V1903 desktop computer- Ever since v 1903 update My PC shuts down when it goes to sleep mode. Every time I have to restart it. this is driving me nuts. Any takers?

Thema:

My Dell XPS 8900 running Windows 10 V1903 shuts down when it goes to sleep mode. Help...

1. My Dell XPS 8900 running Windows 10 V1903 shuts down when it goes to sleep mode. Help... - Similar Threads - Dell XPS 8900

2. Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Getting shut down when in sleep mode: hi, there's been a little issue with my laptop's power settings, i suppose. My laptop gets shut down when i close my lid to put to sleep mode. however it doesn't gets shut down within 1 hour or so but gets shut after more than 4-5 hrs. this doesn't happen to my brothers...
  3. Dell XPS Sleep Issue - Windows 10

Dell XPS Sleep Issue - Windows 10: Just got a Dell XPS 13 and yesterday I shut the lid as I usually do with laptops to put it into sleep mode and walked away for 3 hours. The laptop was on power and had 100% battery when I shut the lid. Three hours later I found the laptop was hot - the whole laptop...
  4. Dell XPS Laptop Shuts Down, Then Restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS Laptop Shuts Down, Then Restarts: Hey all. I posted this here and in a forum with this dell model to see if anyone could assist me with this. My laptop is a dell xps 15 9550. I shut down my computer before i left the house. I sometimes leave computer on sometimes don't. When I came back, I noticed when i...
  5. Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop crashing and shutting down when put in sleep mode: Hi, I'm having a crashing issue with a Toshiba Satellite S855-S5165 laptop. When the computer is put in sleep mode, the screen blacks out and the laptop freezes for ~ 5 minutes. After five minutes the laptop will crash and shutdown, generating a dump file. This happens...
  6. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...
  7. System shuts down when in sleep mode

System shuts down when in sleep mode: I really am not sure where to even look. I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and had no problems for a while until I began using sleep mode. About every night or two when in sleep mode, my system shuts down. I'm not here when it does so I don't see a blue screen and appear to have no...
  8. Dell XPS 8900 Desktop: Audio Jacks Hookup Question ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 8900 Desktop: Audio Jacks Hookup Question ?: Hello, Really totally confused about this, and would be most appreciative for some help and suggestions on. Have a new Dell XPS 8900 desktop PC. Has Realtek integrated audio, apparently. (ALC3861 7.1) I imagine it’s pretty much the same setup for all of their PC’s...
  9. PC shutting down incorrectly/not going to sleep when put in sleep mode

PC shutting down incorrectly/not going to sleep when put in sleep mode: My computer keeps shutting down after I put it into sleep mode, then when i start it back up it says that it shut down incorrectly. This does not happen all the time, only sporadically. Other times it will not go into sleep mode altogether! Interesting, I had this problem...
  10. Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop shuts down when put into sleep mode: Hi all first time poster, So I'm having a major problem that I can't seem to fix. When I close the lid of my laptop, put it into sleep mode, or put it into hibernation mode, the laptop basically shuts down. The power light flashes on and off, but when I reopen the lid or...