Windows 10: My Dell XPS17 keeps switching to "high performance" mode almost every day, even if I set it...

Discus and support My Dell XPS17 keeps switching to "high performance" mode almost every day, even if I set it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Dell XPS17 keeps switching to "high performance" mode almost every day, even if I set it myself to balanced. What should I do? Thank you very much.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cooper-guitar, Feb 15, 2021.

1. My Dell XPS17 keeps switching to "high performance" mode almost every day, even if I set it...

My Dell XPS17 keeps switching to "high performance" mode almost every day, even if I set it myself to balanced. What should I do? Thank you very much.

submitted by /u/cooper-guitar
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cooper-guitar, Feb 15, 2021
  2. Jalenp Win User

My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance

Hi I have tried all of these and the problem is still occurring when I also looked in registry the preffered power plan is already set to balanced, but it is still keep switching to high performance mode power plan. Every time I restart the laptop it
    is in high performance mode and even when I change back to balanced it keeps switching back to high performance mode.

Jalenp, Feb 15, 2021
  3. TheKP Win User
    Laptop not switching to "High Performance" mode while plugged in

Before when I used to plug in my laptop, the laptop used to go into "performance mode". This was visible because the screen colors looked more vivid and gave better fps while playing games. But now, after plugging in, the laptop stays in the same state, no color change or better fps. I've checked all the settings for better performance when plugged in(Battery, Dell Power Management, NVIDIA control panel) but no success. Even did a full reset and nothing happened.
    I figured this could be a power options issue, but there the default settings had no additional settings for this. So, checking the forums here, I came across Restore Missing Default Power Plans in Windows 10. This did not solve my issue, and later came across this thread https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/N...s/td-p/7192006. There was no CsEnabled settings in my registry editor.

My Laptop is Dell Xps 15 9570.

My Dell XPS17 keeps switching to "high performance" mode almost every day, even if I set it... [​IMG]

My Dell XPS17 keeps switching to "high performance" mode almost every day, even if I set it... [​IMG]

TheKP, Feb 15, 2021
  4. My Dell XPS17 keeps switching to "high performance" mode almost every day, even if I set it...

My laptop freezes every time i switch to balanced or high performance mode help please

So i have a dell laptop with windows 10 my dell is 5558 series 8gb ram 4gb nvidia 920m i75th gen processor before i was able to switch to high performance and balanced mode regularly but nowadays i cant switch to high performance or balanced mode my laptop
    freezes after 5-10 mins of switching into high performance and balanced mode. Because of that my performance degrades a lot i cant work on high power programs and i cant play games too my fps will be so bad. But i can do everything in power saver mode. Help
    please. And everytime after freezing i have to force restart and sometimes i get a screen saying your system memory has changed press F1. So help me please please

SubitTimalsina, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

My Dell XPS17 keeps switching to "high performance" mode almost every day, even if I set it...

1. My Dell XPS17 keeps switching to "high performance" mode almost every day, even if I set it... - Similar Threads - Dell XPS17 keeps

2. BSOD almost every day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD almost every day: My laptop crashes and turns into blue screen at least once every day. And I just don't know why. Most of the time the screen error turns out to be SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA, or MEMORY MANAGEMENT. I tried several methods to fix the blue screen...
  3. BSOD almost every day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD almost every day: My laptop crashes and turns into blue screen at least once every day. And I just don't know why. Most of the time the screen error turns out to be SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION, PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA, or MEMORY MANAGEMENT. I tried several methods to fix the blue screen...
  4. Laptop not switching to "High Performance" mode while plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop not switching to "High Performance" mode while plugged in: Before when I used to plug in my laptop, the laptop used to go into "performance mode". This was visible because the screen colors looked more vivid and gave better fps while playing games. But now, after plugging in, the laptop stays in the same state, no color change or...
  5. Laptop's not switching to "high performance mode" when plugged in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop's not switching to "high performance mode" when plugged in: Before when I used to plug in my laptop, the laptop used to go into "performance mode". This was visible because the screen colors looked more vivid and gave better fps while playing games. But now, after plugging in, the laptop stays in the same state, no color change or...
  6. BSOD almost every day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD almost every day: I have done the minidump procedure to record the .dmp files using Verifier. Please assist if possible. Would much appreciate. Minidump located here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AslxUqbfl8zftWkCUTAQm8ILrwnR?e=ecyIwz Thank you!...
  7. Is high performance mode in the settings dangerous to hardware?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is high performance mode in the settings dangerous to hardware?: Can it lower hardware life times? submitted by /u/FunGiPranks [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fvye3u/is_high_performance_mode_in_the_settings/
  8. should i set the game to high performance mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    should i set the game to high performance mode: i have an alienware 17 r5 laptop which has switchable graphics which are nvidia geforce gtx 1080 and intel card when i play some games i will get the geforce overlay popup in the upper right telling me to press alt and z if i want to use geforce experience in game. the popup...
  9. My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance

My battery power plan keeps switching to high performance: Every 20 minutes my battery plan is switching to high performance. How can I resolve this issue? I am running windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/my-battery-power-plan-keeps-switching-to-high/4568dbfc-f893-4c89-808c-bb47430abdee
  10. Almost every day I get the BSOD.

Almost every day I get the BSOD.: Hello everybody, two months ago i made my very first pc. Since then almost every day i get the BSOD *Sad. My PC specs: CPU - i5 6600K Mo-Bo - ASUS Z170-K RAM - 2x 4GB kingston hyperx 2133 mhz GPU - MSI R9 390 PSU - Seasonic M12ii EVO 650w Storage - Samsung 850...