Windows 10: My desktop and laptop

Discus and support My desktop and laptop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My issue is that everything on my desk top computer is on both of my lap tops. Anyone using those lap tops can see everything including documents,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karin McD, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Karin McD Win User

My desktop and laptop

My issue is that everything on my desk top computer is on both of my lap tops. Anyone using those lap tops can see everything including documents, photos and anything else that is on my desk top computer. How can I resolve this so that nothing on my desk top computer shows on my lap tops???

:)

Karin McD, Mar 8, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Mar 8, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 8, 2020
  4. suraswami Win User

My desktop and laptop

Laptop or Desktop for Music production?

My brother's BIL is into music composition and audition etc. He is looking to buy a new system (or build one). He was asking me if a Laptop will suffice for recording his compositions with good quality audio and video. He was looking to buy a i5 or i7 based Quad core + dedicated graphics powered laptop (with 8GB ram + 500GB Hdd). I suggested to build a Desktop powered with i5/i7 + dedicated grarphics and buy a real good $100 sound card and good headset. May be go little cheaper and build a AMD Quad/Hex based desktop.

Is a Laptop good enough or desktop is better?

If laptop suggest me few good ones. Looking for a mid-range priced ones (about $800).

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

My desktop and laptop

1. My desktop and laptop - Similar Threads - desktop laptop

2. When I set up my desktop I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I set up my desktop I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I...: When I set up my desktop, I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I noticed instead of @icloud.com I have @icoud.com is there any way to get it fixed?I cannot verify my current email on my desktop as that is the one that has the typo....
  3. When I set up my desktop I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I set up my desktop I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I...: When I set up my desktop, I had a typo in the email which now setting up my new laptop I noticed instead of @icloud.com I have @icoud.com is there any way to get it fixed?I cannot verify my current email on my desktop as that is the one that has the typo....
  4. Hello we are Make in India manufacturers for Desktops , AIO's and laptops. Want to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hello we are Make in India manufacturers for Desktops , AIO's and laptops. Want to...: Hi we are manufacturing PC's , All in one computers , Laptops. we want to do factory pre loaded licensing of windows OS licenses in our manufactured pc's. How can i get the microsoft device license for OEM.* Changed to a question...
  5. No connection available on desktop pc - still works fine on laptop and consoles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No connection available on desktop pc - still works fine on laptop and consoles: So, I've had my desktop PC for about 4 years now, and I don't recall ever having this issue. Woke up today, turned on the fiberbox and router, booted up the PC, and the PC simply will not connect to the internet. Neither my ethernet cable connection nor my wifi can connect....
  6. Windows 11 desktop not detecting windows 10 laptop as a wireless display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 desktop not detecting windows 10 laptop as a wireless display?: Would I have to update my laptop to Windows 11 or do I need some kind of adapter for the desktop PC to be able to connect wirelessly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-desktop-not-detecting-windows-10-laptop/ae4ebe97-f2a0-4f8a-90e1-cc2361bfcd33
  7. Windows 11 desktop not detecting windows 10 laptop as a wireless display?

Windows 11 desktop not detecting windows 10 laptop as a wireless display?: Would I have to update my laptop to Windows 11 or do I need some kind of adapter for the desktop PC to be able to connect wirelessly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-desktop-not-detecting-windows-10-laptop/ae4ebe97-f2a0-4f8a-90e1-cc2361bfcd33
  8. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  9. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  10. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware