Windows 10: My desktop and other dirs are changed as eg; OneDrive/desktop

Discus and support My desktop and other dirs are changed as eg; OneDrive/desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; FIRST POST IN 2021! If you don't understand its ok, but the issue is that windows 10 for me is thinking that the directory to the desktopalso for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MervinpaismakesWindows14, Jan 13, 2021.

1. My desktop and other dirs are changed as eg; OneDrive/desktop

FIRST POST IN 2021! If you don't understand its ok, but the issue is that windows 10 for me is thinking that the directory to the desktopalso for documents, pictures...etc. is actually my OneDrive backup and it is hard follow tutorials on different stuff related to folders, shortcuts etc. because of this, i tried moving the desktop in OneDrive directory to my user nameC:/Users/Mervinpais folder but it just crashes the pc, If you're wondering , this is directorywhat it looks like: C:/Users/Mervinpais/Onedrive/DesktopAlso for some reason, OneDrive takes my old name "C:/Users/mervi". Please help :

:)

MervinpaismakesWindows14, Jan 13, 2021
  2. RGORD Win User

desktop files not visable when using DIR from the CMD

Hello,

I tried what you suggested. When I entered Win+X I got an option for Windows Power Shell or Window Power Shell(Admin). I chose Windows PowerShell. When I opened the CMD I could navigate my way to C:\users\niels\Desktop.

A Dir from the Command Prompt while in Desktop produces an empty folder...nothing there.

However from the Windows 10 Desktop (i.e. the screen) I see all my files including a myexample.py file that I am looking for. If I use Windows explore to navigate to This PC>local Disk(cMy desktop and other dirs are changed as eg; OneDrive/desktop :)>Users>niels>Desktop there are no files listed.

How come that file I am looking (and other) are not visible when I use the CMD C:\users\niels\Desktop\Dir? Any thoughts.

Rich Gordon

RGORD, Jan 13, 2021
  3. iKing1 Win User
    Cannot Remove OneDrive from Desktop

Haha no, I'm using my actual username. I just replaced that information with "MyUsername" because it's my name and I'd rather not have that info tied to this username as I use for anonymity's sake compared to other more public things tied to my name.

Running dir /s /o %userprofile%\desktop comes up with a list of the files inside various folders within my desktop, but not all of them, and nothing related to OneDrive. It's just a list of various images and Photoshop documents and such inside of one of my folders that I use for work.

iKing1, Jan 13, 2021
  4. My desktop and other dirs are changed as eg; OneDrive/desktop

OneDrive Desktop

Did you right click the OneDrive icon in the Taskbar

Click Settings

Click AutoSave

Click in the list box next to desktop then choose 'This PC'

Andre Da Costa, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

My desktop and other dirs are changed as eg; OneDrive/desktop

1. My desktop and other dirs are changed as eg; OneDrive/desktop - Similar Threads - desktop dirs are

2. OneDrive desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive desktop.: My desktop properties says it is a OneDrive desktop. I have already unlinked this computer from OneDrive and uninstalled it, signed out of Microsoft 365, but don't seem to have a local desktop that I would prefer. How to I get a local desktop instead of a OneDrive desktop?...
  3. OneDrive desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive desktop.: My desktop properties says it is a OneDrive desktop. I have already unlinked this computer from OneDrive and uninstalled it, signed out of Microsoft 365, but don't seem to have a local desktop that I would prefer. How to I get a local desktop instead of a OneDrive desktop?...
  4. OneDrive is changing my desktop icons alignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is changing my desktop icons alignment: Hello,I'm helping a user that OneDrive is changing the order of their desktop icons. I tried disabling the "Auto arrange icons" and "Align icons to grid" options. Tried deleting the IconCache too. Tried disabling "allow themes to make changes to icons}. but no luck. Any...
  5. OneDrive is changing my desktop icons alignment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive is changing my desktop icons alignment: Hello,I'm helping a user that OneDrive is changing the order of their desktop icons. I tried disabling the "Auto arrange icons" and "Align icons to grid" options. Tried deleting the IconCache too. Tried disabling "allow themes to make changes to icons}. but no luck. Any...
  6. onedrive and desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive and desktop: Onedrive - autoconfigure - Desktop BackupI have a little concern about Onedrive configuration and actually I didnt find the right forum to askSome reason - Onedrive autoconfigures weirdSituation - new computer, just created exicting MS Accountafter 1st logon Onedrive...
  7. onedrive and desktop

onedrive and desktop: Onedrive - autoconfigure - Desktop BackupI have a little concern about Onedrive configuration and actually I didnt find the right forum to askSome reason - Onedrive autoconfigures weirdSituation - new computer, just created exicting MS Accountafter 1st logon Onedrive...
  8. OneDrive and my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive and my desktop: This problem may or may not be connected with Windows 11 since the system was originally Windows 10, but migrated to Win 11 some time ago - I cannot recollect whether this problem existed prior to the migration. Basically every file or folder on my desktop is shown as being...
  9. OneDrive and my desktop

OneDrive and my desktop: This problem may or may not be connected with Windows 11 since the system was originally Windows 10, but migrated to Win 11 some time ago - I cannot recollect whether this problem existed prior to the migration. Basically every file or folder on my desktop is shown as being...
  10. OneDrive and desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and desktop: I dont know why OneDrive removes everything in the desktop and sync it into the cloud after i updated windows ... i really wish windows stop tormenting us with such aggressive updates that make us waste time trying to fix. I just wanted to use Onedrive for it's storage and...