Windows 10: my desktop and taskbar have changed. How can I restore what I had?

Discus and support my desktop and taskbar have changed. How can I restore what I had? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my desktop and taskbar have changed. How can I restore what I had?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by seanlrooney, Dec 18, 2019.

1. my desktop and taskbar have changed. How can I restore what I had?

my desktop and taskbar have changed. How can I restore what I had?

:)

seanlrooney, Dec 18, 2019
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

Cannot change desktop icon

Sometimes a desktop icon changes from what it was to a plain white folder. Might be something I did but not sure what.

To change it to the icon I want, I go:
    1. Rt-click icon > Properties > Change icon
    2. I select the icon I want from the thumbnails of icons.
    3. Click OK
    4. Click Apply
    But the icon does not change. It just stays looking like a white folder.
    HOWEVER, if I pin the icon to the taskbar, the icon on the taskbar does look like the icon I selected in step-2. So the change is registered with Win10 but the icon on the desktop just doesn't change.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

3. taskbar tranparency

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will surely assist you with this.

I would suggest you to change the desktop themes and check if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

If that doesn't help I would suggest you to end the explorer.exe and restart it and see if you are able to see the transparent taskbar.

Please follow the steps below to restart explorer.exe:

stop and start Explorer.exe

• Right click on the taskbar and select task manager.

• In the process Right click on windows explorer and end the task

• Restart the task by clicking on the file and select new task

• Type Explorer.exe and press enter.
    And see if it helps.

Do let us know the result. We will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Dec 18, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

1. my desktop and taskbar have changed. How can I restore what I had? - Similar Threads - desktop taskbar changed

2. WHAT CAN I DO TO RESTOR MY SETTING ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHAT CAN I DO TO RESTOR MY SETTING ?: I CANNOT FIND SETTING EVEN START UP, NO TASK BAR...WHEN I TRIED TO OPEN PERSONALISE MESSAGE SAID NO APPLICATION ASSOCIATED WITH IT FOUND. PLEASE HELP ME. THANKS...
  3. How can I change the Steam Icon in my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I change the Steam Icon in my taskbar?: I've tried everything I could think of, I made shortcuts for the steam client and changed the icon but every time I open steam it shows as the default icon in the taskbar. This is what it looks like https://imgur.com/7WuU5Go submitted by /u/ItzYaBoyPeanutz [link]...
  4. What happened to pictures of these desktop apps that blank? How can I restore the picture?...

What happened to pictures of these desktop apps that blank? How can I restore the picture?...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/N0toriousMSG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjsvmi/what_happened_to_pictures_of_these_desktop_apps/
  5. Just had my battery changed / how can I be sure

Just had my battery changed / how can I be sure: Hello everyone! I just had my laptops battery changed and received it today.. how can I make sure the was actually changed? Like not just kept at the store for a day or two then returned submitted by /u/JazairyH [link] [comments]...
  6. What happened to the Internet Explorer I had in my notebook, that was on my taskbar that I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to the Internet Explorer I had in my notebook, that was on my taskbar that I...: I have windows 10 Pro 64 bit. It is NOT windows s. I hope I chose the correct category. This is new to me and I am learning it. However, I had Internet Explorer in this notebook, and I had opened it, used it and put the icon in my task bar. This was just a day ago, and it...
  7. How can I change what it shows on my Desktop?

How can I change what it shows on my Desktop?: I got a new icon pack and changed the icons on my folders. The folders present under D:\Desktop\Public Desktop are what I changed. It shows the directory of D:/ as the desktop. How can I change this to show the previous directory? submitted by /u/I_Am_Unpredictable...
  8. Can I restore my desktop on Windows 10?

Can I restore my desktop on Windows 10?: My desktop on the laptop reset on reboot. All passwords etc. are gone. Older downloads etc. can be found on the hard disk, some folders are missing. What can you do or can you somehow recover these things? Desktop bei Windows 10 wiederherstellen möglich?
  9. My display changed and I want to know how to return it to what I had???

My display changed and I want to know how to return it to what I had???: My display changed and I want to know how to return it to what it was. It is now in alphabetically order and goes away when I click on any program. I hate it and want it back to what it was....
  10. How can I change restore point in system restore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I change restore point in system restore?: In system restore I have tried the displayed "automatic restore point" twice with no success. How do I select a different restore point?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restore taskbar windows 10 it has changed to diferrent style

2. my taskbar has changed

3. taskbar right click changed 2020

4. the look of the taskbar changed after restore,
  5. my windows taskbar has changed