Windows 10: my desktop apps not clickable

Discus and support my desktop apps not clickable in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my desktop apps not clickable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-desktop-apps-not-clickable/cf5f4097-3625-42d4-9923-b98a304a55ee Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by trentan anderson, Apr 14, 2021.

1. my desktop apps not clickable

my desktop apps not clickable

:)

trentan anderson, Apr 14, 2021
  2. passegua Win User

Some Cortana search results are not clickable

I selected all the files but yet some are not clickable.

passegua, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Dragging apps to desktop for shortcuys

Hi Lance,

It's possible that some settings are preventing you from adding shortcuts to the desktop. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Does this happen when you try dragging all apps to the desktop, or just a specific app?
    • Are you using an administrator account?
    • Is your computer connected to a private domain?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps as a workaround:

• Right-click on any empty part of the desktop.
    • Click New > Shortcut.
    • Navigate to the folder location of the app you want and select it.
    • Click OK.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 14, 2021
  4. my desktop apps not clickable

How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

my desktop apps not clickable

1. my desktop apps not clickable - Similar Threads - desktop apps clickable

2. All Desktop Icons Suddenly Not Clickable in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Desktop Icons Suddenly Not Clickable in Windows 10: So yesterday everything on my computer desktop PC, Windows 10 64-bit was working just fine. Today I turn it on and find that none of the Desktop icons are clickable. No shortcuts, no files, no folders that are on the Desktop. There's no errors, freezing, or crashing, the...
  3. All Desktop Icons Suddenly Not Clickable in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    All Desktop Icons Suddenly Not Clickable in Windows 10: So yesterday everything on my computer desktop PC, Windows 10 64-bit was working just fine. Today I turn it on and find that none of the Desktop icons are clickable. No shortcuts, no files, no folders that are on the Desktop. There's no errors, freezing, or crashing, the...
  4. Why my pinned apps are not clickable

Why my pinned apps are not clickable: My pinned apps in my taskbar are not clickable. I tried to unpin it using start menu but it is not working at all. Restarting doesn't help. Also, the icons on the system tray are not opening as well. Only start and search are working....
  5. Why my pinned apps are not clickable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my pinned apps are not clickable: My pinned apps in my taskbar are not clickable. I tried to unpin it using start menu but it is not working at all. Restarting doesn't help. Also, the icons on the system tray are not opening as well. Only start and search are working....
  6. Why my pinned apps are not clickable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Desktop is clickable through taskbar edges

Desktop is clickable through taskbar edges: I've recently installed a fresh windows, but there's an annoying feature happening, whenever I go to the bottom left/right on my taskbar instead of opening my Start Menu it clicks on my desktop, and it happens the same when I try to use aero.I've just noticed that I can click...
  8. Desktop icons not clickable

Desktop icons not clickable: i am unable to click the icons at the bottom right on my desktop battery, wifi, sound, bluetooth etc - the notification icons on task bar. No activity happens after clicking them. windows is up to date and everything else on the desktop is functioning well. tried to Perform...
  9. Desktop not clickable ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop not clickable ?: Hello Just recently my desktop started to act weird. I cant click on anything unless I do a bunch of other steps and its very annoying to deal with it and I dont have a solution for that. I dont know what might have caused this to happen. Please help. submitted by...
  10. Un-clickable Window on Desktop during full screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Un-clickable Window on Desktop during full screen: Hi everyone I have a strange issue with my Windows 10 system. System details; Windows 10 Pro, 10.0.17763 build 17763 i7-4790@3.6Mhz 16Gb ram, Intel HD 4600 graphics Essentially what happens is that when I maximise an application, the top section of the app (about an inch...