Windows 10: My Desktop, Apps, Videos, Downloads etc vanished after a refresh

Discus and support My Desktop, Apps, Videos, Downloads etc vanished after a refresh in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently I refreshed my laptop and all my datas like Photos, documents, downloads and apps got vanished after the refresh couldn't get one. Please tell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SuyeshaB, Oct 19, 2020.

1. SuyeshaB Win User

My Desktop, Apps, Videos, Downloads etc vanished after a refresh

Recently I refreshed my laptop and all my datas like Photos, documents, downloads and apps got vanished after the refresh couldn't get one. Please tell me how to restore it. Please

:)

SuyeshaB, Oct 19, 2020
  2. davidhk Win User

Desktop Icons vanished

To : DrAS,

Just to elaborate what Berton has told you..........that you are on Tablet Mode.
    If it is what Berton has suggested, you can have your desktop back. Follow steps below................
    Bottom right next to Time, there is a notification icon > click it > click Tablet mode.
    You should have your desktop back.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

My Desktop, Apps, Videos, Downloads etc vanished after a refresh [​IMG]

davidhk, Oct 19, 2020
  3. apps removed while refreshing

Hi Tersia,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I'll certainly help you with this.

I would like to let you know that when you perform a system refresh(reset), the apps you installed from websites and DVDs will be removed. Apps that came with your PC and apps you installed from the Windows Store will be reinstalled. Windows puts a list
    of removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.

I suggest you to visit your manufacturer's website and download the latest drivers for Windows 10.

To fix the issues with internet connection, I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Internet Connections.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 19, 2020
  4. My Desktop, Apps, Videos, Downloads etc vanished after a refresh

apps removed while refreshing

Hi AS, thank you so much for the quick reply, I appreciate.

I did do what you said but it seems I also short a driver like: bcmwdi.inf_dmd64_dd9fdb3ec546e714\bcmwdi.inf

My device is Dell Wireless 1704 802.11b/g/n. With the install of the driver on device manager, I see there is an message under 'events' it requires further installation with error code 0x0

I also did the troubleshoot with internet connection dropping, I get the message 'a cable is not plugged in' Sometimes the troubleshooter fix it but sometimes not. I do use the wireless on my mobile aswell and no problems appear with the mobile internet.

Any advice further?

tersia smit

tersiasmit, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

My Desktop, Apps, Videos, Downloads etc vanished after a refresh

1. My Desktop, Apps, Videos, Downloads etc vanished after a refresh - Similar Threads - Desktop Apps Videos

2. URGENT I desktop, downloads, documents, etc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    URGENT I desktop, downloads, documents, etc: I was just letting a guy install a software for me this is not related to the software and he did it succesfullyBUT i saw that he changed something in my pc i couldnt download anything because i had to ask for permissionso i deleted the file that was asking me for permission...
  3. URGENT I desktop, downloads, documents, etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URGENT I desktop, downloads, documents, etc: I was just letting a guy install a software for me this is not related to the software and he did it succesfullyBUT i saw that he changed something in my pc i couldnt download anything because i had to ask for permissionso i deleted the file that was asking me for permission...
  4. Xbox app and gamebar keep vanishing from my computer after download and install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app and gamebar keep vanishing from my computer after download and install.: I pin them to my taskbar and after 1-4 days the apps are gone from task bar and I am required to redownload and install them from Microsoft Store. The files are also absent from C-drive and appear to have been deleted. This has occurred for about a month or two....
  5. Xbox app and gamebar keep vanishing from my computer after download and install.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app and gamebar keep vanishing from my computer after download and install.: I pin them to my taskbar and after 1-4 days the apps are gone from task bar and I am required to redownload and install them from Microsoft Store. The files are also absent from C-drive and appear to have been deleted. This has occurred for about a month or two....
  6. Desktop Icons and Programs Vanish After Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icons and Programs Vanish After Update: Hello Everyone, As the title suggests, I recently tried to complete a windows update. The update failed multiple times before it eventually applied. Once I restarted my pc, I noticed the boot time was considerably slower than usual as my main boot drive is from an SSD. In...
  7. App gone after refresh

App gone after refresh: Hi! I recently performed a refresh on my Windows 10 laptop, and noticed that when completed, Microsoft Store said that I do not own Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition. I had access to it before the refresh, now I don't. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!...
  8. Apps vanishing??

Apps vanishing??: Recently, about the past week, various apps on my start menu have been turning dark and going inactive, clicking these leads to the "contact admin for support" message, This is for both the live tile and the standard selecting from all programs menu. Screens will be attached...
  9. Desktop vanished

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop vanished: Hi Following updates yesterday the desktop has become unusable. I can't even right or left click on it when I select it. Also I am unable to minimise windows and if I have two files from the same program open (eg excel) it won't let me select the second file. I don't seem...
  10. Desktop Icons vanished

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons vanished: Good evening As of today without my apparent intervention: 1. Desktop icons have vanished (cannot right click on desktop) 2. Taskbar icons have vanished (got them back as right-click works on taskbar) 3. Cannot minimise window (browser, Outlook etc) Is this an...