Windows 10: My desktop background and icons have gone.

Discus and support My desktop background and icons have gone. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I boot up my desktop computer. It no longer asks me to click on my account I'm the only user...home computer, it just opens a generic light blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by robin hayhurst, Jun 2, 2023.

1. My desktop background and icons have gone.

When I boot up my desktop computer. It no longer asks me to click on my account I'm the only user...home computer, it just opens a generic light blue Windows page with faint window logo to the right hand side. All my icons are gone as well as my desktop background. There are start up icons at the bottom of the screen mail, Firefox, settings, documents etc. When i click on anything, say 'settings' nothing opens up on the screen. But I can see that there is a line under the settings icon. When I hover my mouse over the icon, it opens up a small window above it showing what should be open o

:)

robin hayhurst, Jun 2, 2023
Thema:

My desktop background and icons have gone.

1. My desktop background and icons have gone. - Similar Threads - desktop background icons

2. Daily updated desktop background is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily updated desktop background is gone: After my most recent Windows 11 update a few days ago, my daily updated desktop background disappeared and was replaced with a black screen. If I go to display settings, there are options to change the screen with a solid color or fixed image, but not with a daily updated...
  3. Daily updated desktop background is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Daily updated desktop background is gone: After my most recent Windows 11 update a few days ago, my daily updated desktop background disappeared and was replaced with a black screen. If I go to display settings, there are options to change the screen with a solid color or fixed image, but not with a daily updated...
  4. My desktop background and icons have gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop background and icons have gone.: When I boot up my desktop computer. It no longer asks me to click on my account I'm the only user...home computer, it just opens a generic light blue Windows page with faint window logo to the right hand side. All my icons are gone as well as my desktop background. There are...
  5. my screens have gone from light backgrounds to black backgrounds

in Windows 10 Customization
    my screens have gone from light backgrounds to black backgrounds: my screens have flipped from white backgrounds with dark print to black backgrounds with light print how do I switch this back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screens-have-gone-from-light-backgrounds-to/ec51f9cd-0e14-4acf-9308-bbc66453bb6c
  6. Desktop Icons gone haywire

Desktop Icons gone haywire: When I turned on my Windows 10 laptop the other morning, my desktop icons were spread out in 4 rows, with many of them missing. I have not installed or uninstalled anything on this computer for many weeks. I do a complete full shutdown nightly Fast Startup is turned off. The...
  7. Red desktop background and all icons are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Red desktop background and all icons are gone: I recently booted up my pc after a while and the background is now red, my icons are gone, and whenever I try to do anything it just loads for a while and then does nothing. submitted by /u/Zuedead115 [link] [comments]...
  8. Desktop Background Gone after update

Desktop Background Gone after update: The desktop background on my laptop has disappeared after today's major update. I believe it was synced with my Desktop computer. How do I restore it? Do I have to do a system restore, which would be ridiculous. Windows 10 Pro Version: 1903 OS Build: 18362.267 thanks 137744
  9. Desktop Background Gone after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Background Gone after update: The desktop background on my laptop has disappeared after today's major update. I believe it was synced with my Desktop computer. How do I restore it? Do I have to do a system restore, which would be ridiculous. Windows 10 Pro Version: 1903 OS Build: 18362.267 thanks 137744
  10. where have my icons gone to

where have my icons gone to: My icons have disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-have-my-icons-gone-to/4c38a388-8872-474f-ac9b-6efbe8bcd64a