Windows 10: My desktop background keeps turning black

Discus and support My desktop background keeps turning black in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having this problem for like a month now, my desktop background kept turning black, it did that for a week, for example every time I hovered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DAGRGAMER, Feb 2, 2021.

1. DAGRGAMER Win User

My desktop background keeps turning black

I've been having this problem for like a month now, my desktop background kept turning black, it did that for a week, for example every time I hovered over an icon it turned black, or sometimes the whole thing would just go back, then I updated my GeForce experience drivers and it went away, then it came back so I updated them again but it didn't go away, so I re installed it and it went away far a while but now it came back, my background just keeps turning black every time I get on, and I also have tried doing an SFC scan, updating drivers and I also can't roll back my drivers because it doesn't give me the option to, this is getting really annoying, I've asked before and they said it was due to file corruption, could that mean that I have a virus, I did multiple Windows defender virus scans and it didn't fine anything, thank you

:)

DAGRGAMER, Feb 2, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Feb 2, 2021
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Feb 2, 2021
  4. My desktop background keeps turning black

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

My desktop background keeps turning black

1. My desktop background keeps turning black - Similar Threads - desktop background keeps

2. Background keeps turning black when highlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background keeps turning black when highlighting: When I click and hold left mouse button and drag my mouse across the screen it makes a black outline. I have updated my graphics drivers I have reset my graphics card and I have re-seated my graphics card and the problem still persists. Any help?...
  3. Background keeps turning black when highlighting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background keeps turning black when highlighting: When I click and hold left mouse button and drag my mouse across the screen it makes a black outline. I have updated my graphics drivers I have reset my graphics card and I have re-seated my graphics card and the problem still persists. Any help?...
  4. Background keeps turning black when highlighting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Desktop Background becomes black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Background becomes black: https://imgur.com/a/GmIYbJa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-becomes-black/502733b8-b9af-46fd-9854-abdd3cddf87f
  6. Sometimes my desktop background just turns black, can anyone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes my desktop background just turns black, can anyone help?: Sometimes my desktop background just turns black. I'm not sure exactly what triggers it, but sometimes when I mouse over desktop icons, the background behind the icon will turn black, and if I highlight any part of my desktop, the background disappears over whatever I...
  7. Background keeps turning black when highlighting

Background keeps turning black when highlighting: Hello. Recently my desktop background has been going black whenever i highlight thing and drag my curser across my desktop screen. I have a video attached showing it happening. The only fix i have found is by going into task manager and restarting file explorer, but that fix...
  8. windows desktop background is turning black

windows desktop background is turning black: recently I had a problem where when I left click and highlight it would turn black or when I highlight and icon it would turn black or sometimes the whole background would turn back every like 5 minutes, after coming here to ask what was wrong I ran a virus scan on Windows...
  9. Icons and Background turn black?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons and Background turn black?: I have an ASUS TUF GAMING FX504 Series laptop, which I got about a year and a half ago. Over the past couple months, sometimes when I hover over an icon, it turns black. If I highlight my desktop, that turns black too. Why does this happen and how can I fix this?...
  10. My deskstop background slowly turning black?

in Windows 10 Customization
    My deskstop background slowly turning black?: for some reason every time i try to change my background it makes black blocks in difference places everytime i restart my pc or log in, it keeps going and the background goes all black after a while? can anyone tell me whats going on[IMG]...