Windows 10: My desktop background starts randomly turning green

Discus and support My desktop background starts randomly turning green in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I attached a GIF of this happening. It's random, sometimes it reverts back by refreshing graphics drivers but it keeps happening. I'm concerned! Is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lex Arakelian, Jan 25, 2023.

1. My desktop background starts randomly turning green

I attached a GIF of this happening. It's random, sometimes it reverts back by refreshing graphics drivers but it keeps happening. I'm concerned! Is it a virus? Is it something wrong with my graphics card? Is it something wrong with the Win10 OS itself? Note that the artifacts on the screen is just from converting the video to a gif, it's just plain green in reality.

:)

Lex Arakelian, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Desktop background gone black after a few minutes of use on laptop.

Hello,

Desktop background and taskbar going black could be due to software conflicts.

We would like to know some information to better assist you with your concern:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you get any error messages or error codes?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to check if the "Show Windows Background" option is turned on. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings in the Start menu.
    • Go to Ease of Access, then on the left side, click
      Other options.
    • Turn on Show Windows Background and check if it works.

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Jan 25, 2023
  4. My desktop background starts randomly turning green

Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

Change desktop background and colors - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

My desktop background starts randomly turning green

1. My desktop background starts randomly turning green - Similar Threads - desktop background starts

2. My screen turned green

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen turned green: My windows 10 screen suddenly turned static greenish when I was just watching a YouTube video. I don't know what happened it just randomly appeared. I didn't touch anything and I didn't disturb anything in my laptop. Can I please have some help to fix it? I really need this...
  3. Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?: Hello. Sometimes when using my computer I experience a weird bug where my desktop background turns green. It covers my desktop icons and when I highlight my desktop. If I snap windows to the sides of my monitor, it will usually turn fully green. I've done /sfc scannow and it...
  4. Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?: Hello. Sometimes when using my computer I experience a weird bug where my desktop background turns green. It covers my desktop icons and when I highlight my desktop. If I snap windows to the sides of my monitor, it will usually turn fully green. I've done /sfc scannow and it...
  5. Any ideas on what's causing my desktop background to become green?

6. My desktop background starts randomly turning green

My desktop background starts randomly turning green: I attached a GIF of this happening. It's random, sometimes it reverts back by refreshing graphics drivers but it keeps happening. I'm concerned! Is it a virus? Is it something wrong with my graphics card? Is it something wrong with the Win10 OS itself? Note that the artifacts...
  7. My desktop background starts randomly turning green

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My desktop background starts randomly turning green: I attached a GIF of this happening. It's random, sometimes it reverts back by refreshing graphics drivers but it keeps happening. I'm concerned! Is it a virus? Is it something wrong with my graphics card? Is it something wrong with the Win10 OS itself? Note that the artifacts...
  8. My entire desktop and taskbar turned solid green.

My entire desktop and taskbar turned solid green.: For the past few months, my laptop's taskbar and desktop randomly turns solid green. It doesn't show any buttons or apps it is just solid green. If I restart, everything goes back to normal but sometimes I can't restart at the moment and I need to access things from the...
  9. My desktop background keeps turning black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My desktop background keeps turning black: I've been having this problem for like a month now, my desktop background kept turning black, it did that for a week, for example every time I hovered over an icon it turned black, or sometimes the whole thing would just go back, then I updated my GeForce experience drivers...
  10. Desktop Background Randomly changing

Desktop Background Randomly changing: My Desktop Background keeps changing from the Wallpapers file I choose to a desktop background where it only shows a few of my pictures. All of your previous answers were for older systems and it seems over 50 people have asked similar question. Can we provide a step by...