Windows 10: My desktop blank, taskbar dissapear, task manager and start menu not working

Discus and support My desktop blank, taskbar dissapear, task manager and start menu not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager. Also my desktop blank but the wallpaper is still there I don't know what is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jonathan Firdaus, Sep 14, 2020.

1. My desktop blank, taskbar dissapear, task manager and start menu not working

Hi,

I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager. Also my desktop blank but the wallpaper is still there

I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up.

Every time i open my task manager its not responding

Even worse my taskbar disappeared.

Every time I shutdown or restart it takes a long time to execute it and I tend to forced shutdown it.

Can you please give me some advice what to do?

Thanks

:)

Jonathan Firdaus, Sep 14, 2020

2. Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.

Recently my computer does not work properly, when I boot it up, it takes a vert long time for the icons on the desktop to load, while bot being able to open start menu, when I open Task Manager it stops working. I've tried safe mode, clean start up, sfc
    scans and nothing seems to work. ( couldn't do startup very well since I couldn't disable the start up programs )

PedroEmanuel4, Sep 14, 2020
  3. by321 Win User
    Major issues with Explorer, taskbar, start menu, and Task Manager

Recently, my PC seems to start up slowly. Today I saw there were some system events about NTFS corruption, so I did a disk scan with automatic repair. After computer rebooted, I'm suddenly having a lot more problems. I'll describe the symptoms I've noticed
    so far. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

================================

* The start menu doesn't show, neither pressing Windows key nor left-clicking works. Right-clicking on the start icon, the context menu still shows without delay.

* Windows Search/Cortana stopped working. I can still show/hide the search box on the taskbar. If it's shown, it doesn't respond to mouse clicks. If it's hidden or just an icon, I can't launch it by any means.

* On taskbar, there's a blank space where the Microsoft Edge icon used to be, but if I mouse over that blank space, the "Microsoft Edge" tooltips text still show up, and if I click it, Edge still launches, after a long delay. All other taskbar icons are still
    there.

* When I right-click on Edge blank space, the context menu takes a long time to pop up. Context menu for other taskbar icons pop up without delay.

* For some types of items/files, the right-click context menu takes a long time to show (about 10 seconds), during the delay the busy icon spins and explorer or desktop becomes unresponsive.

Slow context menu types include: shortcuts, directories, This PC, Network, EXE, PNG, JPG, HTM

Fast context menu types include: TXT, PDF, CFG, XML (surprise since HTM is slow), random file types

* When starting Task Manager, it stays busy and "not responding" for a long time before showing anything. When switching to Details tab for the first time, it takes a long time before the process list is populated, but during this delay Task Manager is still
    responsive.

by321, Sep 14, 2020
  4. My desktop blank, taskbar dissapear, task manager and start menu not working

Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

My desktop blank, taskbar dissapear, task manager and start menu not working

1. My desktop blank, taskbar dissapear, task manager and start menu not working - Similar Threads - desktop blank taskbar

2. Task Manager, Start Menu, and Explorer.exe not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager, Start Menu, and Explorer.exe not working properly: Hi,This is a recent problem, and I've found a few answers, but at the moment, none seems to work. At the moment, the Windows Start Menu button on the taskbar, as well as on my keyboard seems to be unresponsive. That was the first noticeable symptom at least, afterwards upon...
  3. Task Manager, Start Menu, and Explorer.exe not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager, Start Menu, and Explorer.exe not working properly: Hi,This is a recent problem, and I've found a few answers, but at the moment, none seems to work. At the moment, the Windows Start Menu button on the taskbar, as well as on my keyboard seems to be unresponsive. That was the first noticeable symptom at least, afterwards upon...
  4. Task Manager, Start Menu, and Explorer.exe not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working on boot

Start Menu, Taskbar, and Task Manager not working on boot: Hi, I'm having an issue with the start menu, task bar, and task manager. I don't know what is the issue, usually at the start up the task bar icon will show up but now it does not even show up. Even worse every time I move my cursor to the taskbar the cursor changes into...
  6. Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.

Taskbar, Task manager, start menu and desktop not working.: Recently my computer does not work properly, when I boot it up, it takes a vert long time for the icons on the desktop to load, while bot being able to open start menu, when I open Task Manager it stops working. I've tried safe mode, clean start up, sfc scans and nothing...
  7. Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive on desktop and task manager will not open

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar and start menu are unresponsive on desktop and task manager will not open: Title says it all. Taskbar won’t even load app icons. I only have recycle bin on my front page so I don’t know if apps like chrome would even open, but when I open the bin and try to navigate to my files it’s goes unresponsive. Right clicking does not do anything on the...
  8. desktop icons dissapear with start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop icons dissapear with start menu: [ATTACH][ATTACH] when windows loads nothing appears, but when i open something or right click on desktop everything appears. sometimes when i open something and minimize it everything goes off again. some one know how to fix this? thanks...
  9. Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray

in Windows 10 News
    Pin Task Manager to Taskbar or Start Menu; Minimize Taskbar to System Tray: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Task Manager is a built-in program in Windows which lets you keep a track on running processes, CPU, Memory, and other resource usage. It also offers you to remove programs from the Windows startup as well. Some pro users [...] This post Pin Task Manager...
  10. Windows start menu, task manager and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Windows start menu, task manager and task bar not working: Hello, I got a new lenovo idea centre and it worked find the first day, then on the 2nd day the start menu wouldn't open, the task bar does not work and things like the control panel do not open! I keep getting the error C:\\windows\system32\ptionalfeatures.exe. This...