Windows 10: My desktop can't connect thru LAN, but in my laptop it can

Discus and support My desktop can't connect thru LAN, but in my laptop it can in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having an issue. So my desktop suddenly wasn't connecting to the internet through LAN. I tried several methods to reconnect thru LAN, however,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by krshkylx, Dec 20, 2018.

1. krshkylx Win User

My desktop can't connect thru LAN, but in my laptop it can

Hi, I'm having an issue. So my desktop suddenly wasn't connecting to the internet through LAN. I tried several methods to reconnect thru LAN, however, it was all in vain, and I ended up using my Wifi dongle to connect. However, I tried the LAN on my laptop, but it works. Why does this happen?

:)

krshkylx, Dec 20, 2018
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Samaksh Win User
    Need help with connecting laptop to desktop using ethernet cable

Why don't you choose cheap USB wireless card for your desktop?
    Anyways, if you have Wifi connection on your laptop you can do it with following steps:
    -Connect your laptop and desktop with the internet
    -Jump to connections settings and then adapter settings
    -Click on Wifi adapter and LAN adapter. Click on the right mouse button
    -Select bridge connections.

Samaksh, Dec 20, 2018
  4. sromerotx Win User

Desktop disappeared from LAN

My desktop computer has disappeared from the LAN.

It is connected to the same WIFI router as the laptop and the printer.

It can see the LAPTOP from the desktop and connect to the shared drives.

The laptop, however, cannot see the desktop.

The network discovery is turned on for both.

The laptop can see and use the printer.

Both desktop and laptop have access to the network drive connected to the router.

The desktop is invisible.

I have read and followed some of the suggestions in the forum.

My desktop can't connect thru LAN, but in my laptop it can d9f13249-9c37-4147-b9b9-e7912b99c3a8?upload=true.png

Suggestions?

sromerotx, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

1. My desktop can't connect thru LAN, but in my laptop it can - Similar Threads - desktop can't connect

2. I want to connect my laptop to pc thru wireless display but

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to connect my laptop to pc thru wireless display but: I want to connect my laptop to pc thru wireless display but it is showing on my computer but i don't get the notification on my laptop. Is it because my pc is windows 10 and my laptop is windows 11 ? i did this before but my laptop had windows 10 is that why i can't connect ?...
  3. Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to access NAS thru my LAN- Permissions; Access Denied?: Trying to access my NAS storage TrueNAS device. I believe it is administered for SMB Windows access but I cannot access it. Just getting "access denied; check permissions, and the same security excuses I have had whenever I have tried to access something like NAS that is...
  4. Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop: Hi i have a question. So i want to stretch my screen onto my laptop. But my desktop is having trouble finding my laptop under devices in Connect App. I can do it the other way around, i can stretch my laptop screen to my desktop monitor. I tried to disable my firewall and...
  5. Bluetooth headphones can connect to laptops but not my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones can connect to laptops but not my desktop: Hey there! I have a pair of TaoTronics Bluetooth headphones that I regularly connect to both of my Windows 10 laptops. I haven't had any issues with either of those machines thus far. I just built a brand new Windows 10 desktop PC with an ASUS ROG STRIX B550 motherboard...
  6. connecting to my Imac thru LAN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connecting to my Imac thru LAN: On my home network I have my Windows 10 laptop and my Imac desktop computers. I have no problem accessing my Windows laptop from my Mac. But for some reason, my Windows 10 laptop refuses to allow me to access files on my Imac. I have used the correct password each time, but...
  7. I can't connect to LAN connection. It used to work on my laptop and not on my PC but now...

I can't connect to LAN connection. It used to work on my laptop and not on my PC but now...: 1: updated my driverREALTEK USB BbE family controller 2: flush DNS ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig /flushdns 3:change DNS 4.2.2.2 and 8.8.8.8 didn't work. 4:disable then enable the connection. 5:ping by cmd. Pinging 172.20.62.62 with 32 bytes of data:...
  8. Windows 10 miracast Connect can't find my laptop. But laptop can find my desktop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 miracast Connect can't find my laptop. But laptop can find my desktop.: I was trying to use my laptop as an extended display for my desktop PC. But when i choose connect i can't find my laptop. But my laptop can find my desktop and can use my desktop monitor as an extended wireless display. Also i can find my laptop when i am trying to project my...
  9. Connection to my LAN

Connection to my LAN: My computer connects to my LAN on startup. If I leave my computer for just a few minutes and come back, I am disconnected from my LAN. I can run the troubleshooting program, and it reconnects. This is extremely annoying. How do I fix?...
  10. Internet thru lan cable not working

Internet thru lan cable not working: okay so my internet thru the lan cable somehow stopped working it does not show any adapter in network page the trouble shooter was not able to find any driver installed on my pc things i have tried uninstalling drivers launching in safe mode resetting pc resetting...