Windows 10: My desktop changed shortcuts tall all photo icons

Discus and support My desktop changed shortcuts tall all photo icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I ran PictureEcho and PhotoStick today and something changed my desktop from shortcuts to row after row of those icons that you click to open a photo.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ralph IIIEZ, May 14, 2019.

1. My desktop changed shortcuts tall all photo icons

I ran PictureEcho and PhotoStick today and something changed my desktop from shortcuts to row after row of those icons that you click to open a photo. I don't know how to restore it

:)

Ralph IIIEZ, May 14, 2019

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 14, 2019
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, May 14, 2019
  4. My desktop changed shortcuts tall all photo icons

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 14, 2019
Thema:

My desktop changed shortcuts tall all photo icons

1. My desktop changed shortcuts tall all photo icons - Similar Threads - desktop changed shortcuts

2. Suddenly,all my app icons and shortcuts changed positions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly,all my app icons and shortcuts changed positions.: I have 2 monitors,one on my laptop,and one on the right which is added.I just came home and turned on my PC,then I saw all the icons from the right monitor,went onto my main one,and now when I move one icon,another moves.Any help?...
  3. Suddenly,all my app icons and shortcuts changed positions.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suddenly,all my app icons and shortcuts changed positions.: I have 2 monitors,one on my laptop,and one on the right which is added.I just came home and turned on my PC,then I saw all the icons from the right monitor,went onto my main one,and now when I move one icon,another moves.Any help?...
  4. Desktop Icon Shortcut Overlay Randomly Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon Shortcut Overlay Randomly Changing: Hello everyone, I'm running into a bug that is obscure, driving me nuts, and taken many hours of my time trying to find a fix. On Windows 10 Home, the shortcut overlay image on my desktop icons routinely changes every few minutes to a variety of icons, a small handful of...
  5. Desktop Icon Shortcut Overlay Randomly Changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Icon Shortcut Overlay Randomly Changing: [ATTACH] Hello everyone, I'm running into a bug that is obscure, driving me nuts, and sucked many hours of my time. On Windows 10 Home, the shortcut overlay image on my desktop icons routinely changes (every few minutes) to a variety of icons, a small handful of some...
  6. Blank Icon on top of all my desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank Icon on top of all my desktop shortcuts: So after I did a onedrive backup of my desktop and deleted it afterwards all my Icons look like this: https://imgur.com/a/5jBEJkb New shortcuts I add also look like this submitted by /u/DuckyyyyTV [link] [comments]...
  7. Changing Desktop Shortcut Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Desktop Shortcut Icons: I have a new computer just 8 days old. I run Windows 10 ver. 1909 and have an office 365 subscription. 2 days ago Windows Update installed its updates and then Office 365 tried to update and it crashed. This has happened to me before a while back on another computer and the...
  8. Changing Web Shortcut Icons on Desktop

in Browsers and Email
    Changing Web Shortcut Icons on Desktop: Hi all! I would like to add some web Shortcuts to my desktop and then change the icon so it shows a graphic for what the item is. I know how to add a web site short to the desktop, but the icon is just generic. For example, say I want to add an web shortcut for Taco Bell...
  9. desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop shortcut icons keep changing/moving: my desktop shortcut icons keep changing size and moving about. this isn't a big deal; just annoying. check out the attachments. any ideas? [img] [img] [img] 60173
  10. Lost all "Desktop" Icons/Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost all "Desktop" Icons/Shortcuts: I was on a short vacation, and I powered off my system...via power strip, while gone. Upon return, I fired up the system, and downloaded any updates, etc., that might have been available during my "absence". When done, I noticed that all my old W7 desktop "shortcuts" were...