Windows 10: My Desktop Computer is Frozen. I can move the pointer but nothing else responds.

Discus and support My Desktop Computer is Frozen. I can move the pointer but nothing else responds. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Making this post from my surface because the Desktop is Frozen. The mouse works but can't close any windows are do anything else.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WoodrowWalker, Jul 7, 2019.

1. My Desktop Computer is Frozen. I can move the pointer but nothing else responds.

Making this post from my surface because the Desktop is Frozen. The mouse works but can't close any windows are do anything else.

:)

WoodrowWalker, Jul 7, 2019

2. Mouse pointer frozen on desktop screen

No actual mouse, using touch pad. Am able to log in, pointer can be moved at this stage. But once the desktop screen is visible, the mouse pointer is frozen in the centre of the screen.

MichaelJerreat, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 7, 2019
  4. My Desktop Computer is Frozen. I can move the pointer but nothing else responds.

touchpad pointer is frozen

touchpad pointer is frozen

randywalters1, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

My Desktop Computer is Frozen. I can move the pointer but nothing else responds.

1. My Desktop Computer is Frozen. I can move the pointer but nothing else responds. - Similar Threads - Desktop Computer Frozen

2. Gray rectangle on desktop with wallpaper, nothing else

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gray rectangle on desktop with wallpaper, nothing else: so after i set up this thing so that the computer locks at a specific time, im just getting my taskbar, a grey rectangle, and my background. i have tried running explorer.exe and that did not help. Help me!!!!!![ATTACH]...
  3. Second monitor is frozen, but I can still move my mouse around.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor is frozen, but I can still move my mouse around.: I have noticed a new issue where my second display is frozen, however I can still see my desktop and move my mouse around, but I am unable to click, drag any windows, or do anything. So all I see is my desktop and taskbar and my mouse moving but nothing else moves. If I drag...
  4. Network (Computers) only detects own Computer, nothing else

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network (Computers) only detects own Computer, nothing else: My Network and under 'Computer', can only detect itself, when it is connected to another computer, a laptop, as well as WD Cloud. All Eternet/ CAT6 connected. It is odd because, the other computers can detect and connect to this one. This computer is also able to detect the...
  5. touchpad pointer is frozen

touchpad pointer is frozen: touchpad pointer is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-pointer-is-frozen/1066a466-3346-4680-864d-f750a0602cce
  6. how can i find my pointer

how can i find my pointer: hi, every now and again when I turn my computer on, the pointer doesn't show? How can I easily find it? cheers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-my-pointer/0bf08a8e-ad27-4494-b7d8-a1e7a1490958
  7. Frozen Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Frozen Mouse Pointer: after the update my mouse frozen every moment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-mouse-pointer/3d8203bb-8ee8-49d8-8987-8e64b01e3085
  8. Login Screen: Trackpad Pointer moves, Nothing clickable, No keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Login Screen: Trackpad Pointer moves, Nothing clickable, No keyboard: Dell Inspiron 1545 Maybe a new variation of some similar older issues. - Trackpad makes Pointer to move, allows dragging lock screen down & up - That is the only thing(s) that can be done. The rest.. - Password, Power/ Shutdown icon (bottom right) & any other stuff...
  9. my computer get frozen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    my computer get frozen: it frozen all the time pleaasae help 94835
  10. Desktop background is only displayed and nothing else

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop background is only displayed and nothing else: Hello all, I am having a problem with windows. I was recently having some problems with widows 10 so I had the bright idea to Rest my PC using the options in the settings. I then chose to "Keep my files" as I have documents that I would like not to be deleted. So I let...