Windows 10: My Desktop Computer is Frozen. I can move the pointer but nothing else responds.

Discus and support My Desktop Computer is Frozen. I can move the pointer but nothing else responds. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Making this post from my surface because the Desktop is Frozen. The mouse works but can't close any windows are do anything else.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WoodrowWalker, Jul 7, 2019.

1. My Desktop Computer is Frozen. I can move the pointer but nothing else responds.

Making this post from my surface because the Desktop is Frozen. The mouse works but can't close any windows are do anything else.

:)

WoodrowWalker, Jul 7, 2019

2. Mouse pointer frozen on desktop screen

No actual mouse, using touch pad. Am able to log in, pointer can be moved at this stage. But once the desktop screen is visible, the mouse pointer is frozen in the centre of the screen.

MichaelJerreat, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Frozen Computer

Hi,

We would like to know the status of the concern you have posted here in the Community forum. Kindly answer the following questions for us to provide you with an accurate troubleshooting suggestions.

• When you turn your computer ON, on what screen does it freezes? If you can, kindly post here the screen shot of this frozen window.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to encountering this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 7, 2019
  4. My Desktop Computer is Frozen. I can move the pointer but nothing else responds.

touchpad pointer is frozen

touchpad pointer is frozen

randywalters1, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

My Desktop Computer is Frozen. I can move the pointer but nothing else responds.

1. My Desktop Computer is Frozen. I can move the pointer but nothing else responds. - Similar Threads - Desktop Computer Frozen

2. Computer Hangs but Mouse pointer can move.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Hangs but Mouse pointer can move.: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 because of a looped bsod, and I couldn't find my system restore file. It happened after I finished testing a game and I realised it was MSI afterburner that was the likely cause. After doing a clean install I realised I never...
  3. Computer Hangs but Mouse pointer can move.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Hangs but Mouse pointer can move.: I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 because of a looped bsod, and I couldn't find my system restore file. It happened after I finished testing a game and I realised it was MSI afterburner that was the likely cause. After doing a clean install I realised I never...
  4. Computer Hangs but Mouse pointer can move.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop Not responding or Frozen in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop Not responding or Frozen in Windows 11/10: [IMG]Many Windows users report that their desktops aren’t responding or are frozen in Windows 11/10. If you are also experiencing this problem on your Windows 11/10 device, here’s something you might find useful. This article provides some troubleshooting tips you can follow...
  6. Nothing doesn't respond but my desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nothing doesn't respond but my desktop: So today i opened my pc and nothing was workings at first i thought it was a bug because it had happened once again. I restarted my pc and it kept happening and now i cant do anything but open apps in desktop and they dont work either pls if you have any solutions answer...
  7. desktop frozen and does not respond

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop frozen and does not respond: desktop frozen and does not respond. how to resolve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-frozen-and-does-not-respond/9fdb8fd7-1c8a-4820-88df-69df1b5f81fa
  8. desktop frozen and does not respond

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    desktop frozen and does not respond: my desktop with window 10 frozen and does not respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-frozen-and-does-not-respond/6e259c82-b0f1-4e62-b945-f555d0bcab0b
  9. touchpad pointer is frozen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    touchpad pointer is frozen: touchpad pointer is frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-pointer-is-frozen/1066a466-3346-4680-864d-f750a0602cce
  10. Frozen Mouse Pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Frozen Mouse Pointer: after the update my mouse frozen every moment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frozen-mouse-pointer/3d8203bb-8ee8-49d8-8987-8e64b01e3085