Windows 10: My Desktop didn’t power off during shut down so I had to unplug it. Now it won’t power on?

Discus and support My Desktop didn’t power off during shut down so I had to unplug it. Now it won’t power on? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Last night when shutting my PC down, I waited about half an hour for the lights and fans to turn off but they never did. When I turned the monitor back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JakeEaves, Apr 7, 2023.

1. JakeEaves Win User

My Desktop didn’t power off during shut down so I had to unplug it. Now it won’t power on?

Last night when shutting my PC down, I waited about half an hour for the lights and fans to turn off but they never did. When I turned the monitor back on it was just a black screen and the light up keys from my keyboard were switched off as if the PC was shut down.As the PC failed to power off after the shut down and the power button on the case didnt do anything even after waiting 10 seconds, I turned off the power outlet to the computer in order to sleep without the lights and fans running.The next morning I have turned the outlet back on and the PC has failed to power on. I have tried diff

:)

JakeEaves, Apr 7, 2023

2. I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?

Thanks for your answer.

This solution did not solve my problem since my computer won´t power up at all. it is as if the computer is completely dead and I have tried different outlets that work for other computers but it still won´t power up.

Is my motherboard broken?

TimmyAndersson, Apr 7, 2023
  3. I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?

Thanks for your answer.

This solution did not solve my problem since my computer won´t power up at all. it is as if the computer is completely dead and I have tried different outlets that work for other computers but it still won´t power up.

Is my motherboard broken?

4. My Desktop didn’t power off during shut down so I had to unplug it. Now it won’t power on?

I unplugged my computer to soon and now it won´t start up again?

Hi! so I have a question about something I did the other night. I was going to move my PC but before that, I had to shut it down. when choosing if I wanted to restart or shut down it said ``shut down and update´´. I pressed it and my computer went all quiet
    and had shut down or so I thought. obviously, I had to unplug the computer to move it so I unplugged it as soon as it shut down but now when I try to start it, it just won´t start up.

Note that I have not been able to try and hold the power button since it doesn't work on my computer, reasons unknown.

Thema:

My Desktop didn’t power off during shut down so I had to unplug it. Now it won’t power on?

1. My Desktop didn’t power off during shut down so I had to unplug it. Now it won’t power on? - Similar Threads - Desktop didn’t power

2. Shut down power during resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down power during resetting: I reset the computer and I accidentally shut the power downI try winre and troubleshooting, I can’t reset the progress and repairAnd I can’t use winre anymore again even serveral method I can’t even go to login screen It keep blinking and hp sign It keeps having hard disk...
  3. Shut down power during resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down power during resetting: I reset the computer and I accidentally shut the power downI try winre and troubleshooting, I can’t reset the progress and repairAnd I can’t use winre anymore again even serveral method I can’t even go to login screen It keep blinking and hp sign It keeps having hard disk...
  4. Shut down power during resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My Desktop didn’t power off during shut down so I had to unplug it. Now it won’t power on?

My Desktop didn’t power off during shut down so I had to unplug it. Now it won’t power on?: Last night when shutting my PC down, I waited about half an hour for the lights and fans to turn off but they never did. When I turned the monitor back on it was just a black screen and the light up keys from my keyboard were switched off as if the PC was shut down.As the PC...
  6. My Desktop didn’t power off during shut down so I had to unplug it. Now it won’t power on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Desktop didn’t power off during shut down so I had to unplug it. Now it won’t power on?: Last night when shutting my PC down, I waited about half an hour for the lights and fans to turn off but they never did. When I turned the monitor back on it was just a black screen and the light up keys from my keyboard were switched off as if the PC was shut down.As the PC...
  7. Shutting my computer down with an update and it won’t shut down. I’m scared to unplug the...

Shutting my computer down with an update and it won’t shut down. I’m scared to unplug the...: Mouse, keyboard, and monitors are all off as well. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shutting-my-computer-down-with-an-update-and-it/e7214da5-4b34-4608-bf87-2f0bb6a86f70
  8. BSOD At Shut Down Only If I Power Off External Drive During Process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD At Shut Down Only If I Power Off External Drive During Process: As described above I find this very odd as it never used to happen in Win 7. (I upgrade to W10 Pro x64 from W7 SP1 x64). Only if I power the external eSATA drive off during PC shut down (Total not standby or hibernate). I get around it by simply waiting before I power off...
  9. Shut down/Power off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down/Power off: I have an HP laptop with windows 10 home. When I choose start/shut down, it closes everything and screen goes blank, but won't power down (off). It used to work. I have to manually turn it off....
  10. power on/shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...