Windows 10: my desktop disappeared,have tried everything to find and retriveve it

Discus and support my desktop disappeared,have tried everything to find and retriveve it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Unable to retrieve my desktop when I start computer, have tried all the various advice posted in help menus. first open page has stamp size boxes with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jeannette cuomo, Feb 7, 2020.

1. my desktop disappeared,have tried everything to find and retriveve it

Unable to retrieve my desktop when I start computer, have tried all the various advice posted in help menus. first open page has stamp size boxes with various apps listed ,please need help.

:)

jeannette cuomo, Feb 7, 2020

2. Desktop Disappeared After Windows 10 Update

After upgrading to windows 10, my desktop completely disappeared, sometimes it will flash for a micro second. The Desktop folder is still in my folder list and I can access it that way but prefer to have access to my desktop. I saw the other thread where
    it suggested a clean boot, but this did not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Jessica23Q, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Rule-R Win User
    Desktop shortcuts disappearing

One of the computers i maintain has a few of the desktop shortcuts disappearing now and then. It runs windows 7, and has a shitload of shortcuts on the desktop.

Any idea what might cause this?

Rule-R, Feb 7, 2020
  4. O0mix0O Win User

my desktop disappeared,have tried everything to find and retriveve it

O0mix0O, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

my desktop disappeared,have tried everything to find and retriveve it

1. my desktop disappeared,have tried everything to find and retriveve it - Similar Threads - desktop disappeared tried

2. Desktop icons disappeared, tried everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons disappeared, tried everything.: Hello,after clearing my cache form the %temp% command, all of a sudden my desktop has gone blank, after a bit of research I tried following the usual online advice such as right-clicking the desktop and choosing View=>Show Desktop Icons, but that was ticked, then Itried going...
  3. Desktop icons disappeared, tried everything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons disappeared, tried everything.: Hello,after clearing my cache form the %temp% command, all of a sudden my desktop has gone blank, after a bit of research I tried following the usual online advice such as right-clicking the desktop and choosing View=>Show Desktop Icons, but that was ticked, then Itried going...
  4. Desktop icons disappeared, tried everything.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Everything disappeared on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Everything disappeared on my computer: I opened my desktop last night running Windows 10 only to find that all my files disappeared and I was left with a blue screen with the windows Icon. I do have Carbonite so I do have my files back up. Carbonite connected remotely to my computer. They said the issue is I had...
  6. Everything disappeared on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything disappeared on my computer: I opened my desktop last night running Windows 10 only to find that all my files disappeared and I was left with a blue screen with the windows Icon. I do have Carbonite so I do have my files back up. Carbonite connected remotely to my computer. They said the issue is I had...
  7. Everything disappeared on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Have tried nearly everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Have tried nearly everything: I have been getting this message when I try to use my AOL email, which is linked to Windows 10 Mail through IMAP: We cannot access this account: AOL. Anyone have a workable solution?...
  9. My Windows Defender disappeared and I've tried everything on Google.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Windows Defender disappeared and I've tried everything on Google.: Anything left before I have to reinstall windows? So I'm actually on a fresh install of windows, bought a new machine with it pre-installed a month ago. Yes I torrent. But I've been using PCs since the 90s. I know what to click on and what not to (at least I think). I've...
  10. Can’t go to desktop tried everything

in Windows 10 Support
    Can’t go to desktop tried everything: I got a virus and now I can’t get on to my desktop when I boot my computer it repairs and fails to repair saying srttrail.txt but I searched it up and did some cmd fixes still don’t work but when everyone continues to windows there is no text saying windows just continue to...