Windows 10: My desktop files disappeared after windows10 update

Discus and support My desktop files disappeared after windows10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello My desktop files disappeared after windows 10 update. I also, lost my thunderbirds email account setting, as well as most of the shortcuts on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EsamAziz, Jan 13, 2021.

1. EsamAziz Win User

My desktop files disappeared after windows10 update

Hello

My desktop files disappeared after windows 10 update. I also, lost my thunderbirds email account setting, as well as most of the shortcuts on the desktop. Fortunately I found my desktop files at the user count folder in drive C. I started over and setup my email on the thunderbired again and had some folders on the desktop. After having windows10 updated, something happened again, but this time i lost my desktop folders got deleted this time and thunderbird setting. I dont know whats wrong with windows10 update. Please help!!

Note: I have kaspersky total security antivirus, I dont know if this causing any conflict with windows10. I used to have kaspersky for years and never had these problems.

Please answers

:)

EsamAziz, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Neox99 Win User

Files disappearing from desktop

Saving files to my desktop causes them to disappear.

My desktop is clear save for the Recycle Bin - and NO the file is not hiding behind it.

File Viewer shows a file ON the desktop but it's nowhere to be found - viewport is completely blank.

Any suggestions?

Neox99, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Desktop Disappeared After Windows 10 Update

After upgrading to windows 10, my desktop completely disappeared, sometimes it will flash for a micro second. The Desktop folder is still in my folder list and I can access it that way but prefer to have access to my desktop. I saw the other thread where
    it suggested a clean boot, but this did not work. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Jessica23Q, Jan 13, 2021
  4. My desktop files disappeared after windows10 update

Desktop Files Disappearing on Windows 10

I am not able to do this because the folder disappeared with the files. The folder was on the desktop and those steps cannot be done on the desktop folder

Jamie Morrow, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

My desktop files disappeared after windows10 update

1. My desktop files disappeared after windows10 update - Similar Threads - desktop files disappeared

2. My desktop folders and files disappeared, where did they go after an update? My computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop folders and files disappeared, where did they go after an update? My computer...: My computer had an update, and all my desktop files, folders and pictures are gone! What happened to these, I thought my items would be safe on my desktop. This is weird. I tried to recover, no dice. Some of these documents are for business purposes and now are gone. My...
  3. my files from the desktop disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    my files from the desktop disappeared: It was just last night when I updated my laptop to windows 10, then the next morning, all of the files that were on the desktop vanished. The background resets on its default background which is a blue windows. Please help me....
  4. desktop files disappeared

desktop files disappeared: just reinstalled a fresh windows 10 onto my computer. it was fine for a little while, but now my desktop files are gone. i did a lot of things that i searched up regedit modification, tablet mode check, show desktop icons. but nothing seems to be working....
  5. Desktop files disappeared

Desktop files disappeared: I was working today and 3/4 if my desktop folders just disappeared. I have searched by name and they are just gone. I ran the hard drive check and it appears okay and they are not in the recycle bin. Please help!...
  6. My folders + files on my desktop disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My folders + files on my desktop disappeared.: Hello, I'd really appreciate if someone can help me out with this, can't find the solution anywhere. " If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're...
  7. Icons on the desktop disappeared after update

Icons on the desktop disappeared after update: My Laptop got updated a couple of months ago and all the icons that were on the desktop went missing. There are still available under the desktop folder though. I am not able to bring them back to the desktop screen....
  8. My files disappeared after update

My files disappeared after update: Please, help me with the following problem. A month ago after the update my files disappeared and I cannot find them. I contacted Microsoft but they have only one option to fix this problem, that is to take pictures of my system. I don’t want to allow them to take the...
  9. Desktop disappeared after Windows Update

Desktop disappeared after Windows Update: Dear Microsoft team, I am sorry to say that you are causing me quite some trouble since your last update as my desktop has disappeared. I cannot access it anymore (only see the Apps screen), I don't have any pinned icons/programs anymore in my start bar... frankly, quite...
  10. Desktop Files Disappear

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Files Disappear: Over the past week, my desktop has been acting up. My files keep being deleted from my desktop. I used Everything Search to see if the files are just being moved, and they're not. They're completely wiped out. I ran a Windows Defender and it didn't come up with anything. I...