Windows 10: my desktop files end up in recycle bin

Discus and support my desktop files end up in recycle bin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i keep word files on my desktop, windows 10, and find some of them in the recycle bin. I didnt delete them. How can I stop this happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KathNelson, Oct 1, 2020.

1. my desktop files end up in recycle bin

i keep word files on my desktop, windows 10, and find some of them in the recycle bin. I didnt delete them. How can I stop this happening

:)

KathNelson, Oct 1, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 1, 2020
  3. ipellant Win User
    Missing desktop icons and recycle bin

No problems on the current Windows 10 on three computers I have running dual screens. Desktop Icons only appear on the primary screen.

All icons including the Recycle Bin not showing. The Recycle Bin could be the cause.

There was a bug / glitch during the Insider Preview builds that would flash up a message saying the Recycle Bin was corrupted or missing.

It seems that the Recycle Bin attempts to build a list of recycled files on all the drives on the computer. If the recycled files id is out of sync, that caused the bin to fail.

Suggest:

Copy some files; then delete them; then reboot and see if the Recycle Bin appears.

ipellant, Oct 1, 2020
  4. my desktop files end up in recycle bin

Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

my desktop files end up in recycle bin

1. my desktop files end up in recycle bin - Similar Threads - desktop files end

2. XML files, dll file, desktop. file in the recycle bin and the recycle bin is now corrupt....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XML files, dll file, desktop. file in the recycle bin and the recycle bin is now corrupt....: A warning message flashed today and it said the recycle bin is corrupted. I tried to delete the files and reset the recycle bin, but some sort of XML files, a dll file and desktop. file was included and I don't know how to restore this. Any help?...
  3. XML files, dll file, desktop. file in the recycle bin and the recycle bin is now corrupt....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XML files, dll file, desktop. file in the recycle bin and the recycle bin is now corrupt....: A warning message flashed today and it said the recycle bin is corrupted. I tried to delete the files and reset the recycle bin, but some sort of XML files, a dll file and desktop. file was included and I don't know how to restore this. Any help?...
  4. Sharepoint deleted files ending up in my recycle bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharepoint deleted files ending up in my recycle bin: We have just gone across to a Sharepoint system from a 2012 server. Slightly concerning is that when other users delete files they sometimes appear in my recycle bin.Not sure if this is something to do with set up of the system....
  5. Sharepoint deleted files ending up in my recycle bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharepoint deleted files ending up in my recycle bin: We have just gone across to a Sharepoint system from a 2012 server. Slightly concerning is that when other users delete files they sometimes appear in my recycle bin.Not sure if this is something to do with set up of the system....
  6. Sharepoint deleted files ending up in my recycle bin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Game icons keep ending up in recycle bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game icons keep ending up in recycle bin: randomly while im using my computer my desktop icons for games usually will end up in recycling bin and i have to pull them out and reorganize. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-icons-keep-ending-up-in-recycle-bin/9c607660-9d9f-41f6-ac0f-23246c5fcf94
  8. RECYCLE BIN NOT ON DESKTOP

RECYCLE BIN NOT ON DESKTOP: HOW DO I ADD RECYCLE BIN TO MY DESKTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-not-on-desktop/1bc67ee1-8862-48e4-b71a-e4c1de4a4640
  9. Recycle Bin on desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle Bin on desktop: I can't access this folder on my desktop icon to see what is in it, please can you help me? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-on-desktop/22ccbdea-d6b5-4416-b4ee-4fb418c0652e"
  10. Emptying contents of recycle bin ends up on my desktop

Emptying contents of recycle bin ends up on my desktop: What is up with that, and why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emptying-contents-of-recycle-ends-up-on-my-desktop/5b3c837b-b55d-4088-a1ac-eeb92a7f8869