Windows 10: My desktop files went missing

Discus and support My desktop files went missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Okay. So I logged in today and my desktop was like a brand new desktop. All the wallpapers were gone. And same goes with my folders. I lost some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoeySadian, Jun 12, 2020.

1. My desktop files went missing

Okay.

So I logged in today and my desktop was like a brand new desktop. All the wallpapers were gone. And same goes with my folders. I lost some files.

Then I went here and saw this help link.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-missing-files-after-a-windows/c118e002-e0f7-425d-b070-0ef738dc3c47

I moved my desktop folder to the temporary account. I did not restart 4 times. I only restarted once but when I checked back on my desktop. Everything was gone because I moved those in the temporary account which I didn't know was a temporary account. How can I recover?

Update:

Yes. I found those desktop folders in the c drive. In the users part. Then I copied it on the desktop of the temporary account that I was not aware of. And now I don't know what to do.

:)

JoeySadian, Jun 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 12, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jun 12, 2020
  4. sturpe Win User

My desktop files went missing

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

My desktop files went missing

1. My desktop files went missing - Similar Threads - desktop files went

2. My laptop went missing.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My laptop went missing.: Hey there everyone!As of two months ago now, my laptop was stolen by someone. I have sent out various emails to people I know and pleaded for the return of my device, but to no avail. It says on the Microsoft website that my laptop has no battery, so I can't remotely turn on...
  3. Desktop files are missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop files are missing: I have an asus laptop that runs on windows 10, i turned on my laptop today and all my desktop files are gone. Granted I have dropbox and they were saved there. But why are they all missing from my desktop?...
  4. Files missing from my desktop

Files missing from my desktop: Hello, When I try to upload pictures from my desktop to Facebook page files do not appear. If I go into my desktop outside of FB the files are there! Why won't they show up when I am trying to upload from FB page?...
  5. My printers went missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My printers went missing: I was looking at a printable thing and wanted to print it into bluebeam (this was a couple of days ago), but when I went to print it with the bluebeam pdf feature, I noticed all my printers went missing (even the software ones like send to onenote and microsoft print to pdf),...
  6. My minecraft went missing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My minecraft went missing: Please help. I bought Minecraft 1-2 months ago and now it has dissapeared from my microsoft account. I still have the minecraft game on my computer but i cant do anything nor play it while i used to be able to in the past until this happened.[IMG][ATTACH]...
  7. Desktop Bluetooth went missing...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop Bluetooth went missing...: About a week ago my MS Sculpt Comfort mouse bluetooth wouldn't work on my desktop. Windows 10 v. 1903 Checking, I found that Bluetooth was missing entirely and there was no option to turn it on or connect devices. Thinking it was the usb bluetooth adapter I had bought from...
  8. File Explorer - ribbon went missing

File Explorer - ribbon went missing: I have Windows 10. How do I get back my top ribbon on my screen when I open File Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-ribbon-went-missing/e1a47144-e2d5-40d6-af45-2580bc1bf681"
  9. My files went missing

My files went missing: So recently my computer has been acting up. I didn't think too much about it, but I found out that all my files up to 3 days ago is missing. Any tips or advice? I'm not sure if a virus took them all, but they aren't hiding and I have no backup....
  10. Bluetooth Went Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Went Missing: Ok here's what happened. My laptop has built in bluetooth on windows 10. It was working fine for awhile but then my mouse yesterday wouldn't move or click anything on my laptop. Its disappeared from the Action Center/Notification bar, and its not on the tab side of the...