Windows 10: My Desktop folder has become my D Drive, Regedit help

Discus and support My Desktop folder has become my D Drive, Regedit help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I used to move my desktop, documents, etc to my D drive for storage purposes, but I seem have to made a mistake along the way and it seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shauntleo, Oct 6, 2022.

1. shauntleo Win User

My Desktop folder has become my D Drive, Regedit help

Hello, I used to move my desktop, documents, etc to my D drive for storage purposes, but I seem have to made a mistake along the way and it seems to have made my Desktop folder a "master folder" by moving This PC, user profiles, and contents of my D drive, and there is a duplicate of the desktop folder. It's pretty much a mess, so would you recommend wiping the computer and starting over, or is there anyone who is savvy with regedit who could lend me a hand? Thank you for your time.

:)

shauntleo, Oct 6, 2022

2. Desktop is my D: Drive - no desktop folder

hello.

My computer is new and I have a solid state drive for my main C and a regular hard drive for the D:. My D: acts as my desktop folder so when I move any files into it they are placed onto my desktop.

I'm wondering how I create a desktop folder in my d: drive so that this doesn't happen. I don't need tons of files on my desktop.

Help is greatly appreciated!

RomanGrant, Oct 6, 2022
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Desktop is my D: Drive - no desktop folder

Hi Roman

Open File Explorer and open your D drive, right click and create a new Folder, name it Desktop

Close File Explorer

Open the Registry Editor again, it will still be on the same page

Double click Desktop in the right pan, then set its value data to this and click OK

D:\Desktop

Close the Registry Editor, then restart (not shut down) your PC

That will have split your Desktop and D drive, and your Desktop will now be in that new folder

You may then need to move any files that should be on your Desktop from the D drive into that new Desktop folder just to tidy things up . . .

That's It!

DaveM121, Oct 6, 2022
  4. My Desktop folder has become my D Drive, Regedit help

Trying to make a folder that leads to my D drive.

Hi Mohammed,

Creating a shortcut on your desktop that will point to a folder in your D drive is possible. Here's how to do it:

• Open your D drive.
    • Right-click the folder that you want to create a shortcut for.
    • Select Send to, then Desktop.
    For further queries, feel free to post back.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

My Desktop folder has become my D Drive, Regedit help

1. My Desktop folder has become my D Drive, Regedit help - Similar Threads - Desktop folder has

2. My Desktop folder has become my D Drive, Regedit help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Desktop folder has become my D Drive, Regedit help: Hello, I used to move my desktop, documents, etc to my D drive for storage purposes, but I seem have to made a mistake along the way and it seems to have made my Desktop folder a "master folder" by moving This PC, user profiles, and contents of my D drive, and there is a...
  3. My Desktop folder has become my D Drive, Regedit help

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Desktop folder has become my D Drive, Regedit help: Hello, I used to move my desktop, documents, etc to my D drive for storage purposes, but I seem have to made a mistake along the way and it seems to have made my Desktop folder a "master folder" by moving This PC, user profiles, and contents of my D drive, and there is a...
  4. My D Drive has become my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My D Drive has become my desktop: I was moving around some files and somehow I managed to merge my desktop with my HHD I see that someone else has done the same as me and someone commented on it with a solution but I don't have the "User Shell Folders" and cannot do it....
  5. My D Drive has become my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My D Drive has become my desktop: I was moving around some files and somehow I managed to merge my desktop with my HHD I see that someone else has done the same as me and someone commented on it with a solution but I don't have the "User Shell Folders" and cannot do it....
  6. My F Drive has become Desktop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My F Drive has become Desktop.: I'm really sorry to create another problem after one. But when I was moving my Desktop folder to F Drive in order to clear space in C Drive , My F Drive has become Desktop.I created a new folder in F Drive and that has appeared in my desktop screen. It sort of merged.I've...
  7. My F Drive has become Desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My F Drive has become Desktop.: I'm really sorry to create another problem after one. But when I was moving my Desktop folder to F Drive in order to clear space in C Drive , My F Drive has become Desktop.I created a new folder in F Drive and that has appeared in my desktop screen. It sort of merged.I've...
  8. My F Drive has become Desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Desktop is my D: Drive - no desktop folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop is my D: Drive - no desktop folder: hello. My computer is new and I have a solid state drive for my main C and a regular hard drive for the D:. My D: acts as my desktop folder so when I move any files into it they are placed onto my desktop. I'm wondering how I create a desktop folder in my d: drive so...
  10. My Desktop is a D Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Desktop is a D Drive: I moved my Desktop Location to my Hard Drive. I accidentally forgot to add the Desktop subfolder in the location. Now everything I save in my D drive also goes to the desktop and everything I save in the Desktop directly goes to the D drive without any subfolders. Tried...