Windows 10: My desktop freezes after I right click. Help please!

Discus and support My desktop freezes after I right click. Help please! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So today I restored my pc to its factory settings and my pc has since been acting really weird. When I right click on my desktop, everything freezes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kingquew, Jan 13, 2021.

1. My desktop freezes after I right click. Help please!

So today I restored my pc to its factory settings and my pc has since been acting really weird. When I right click on my desktop, everything freezes. But here’s the weird thing I can still use the taskbar, for example on my taskbar I got google, and I’m able to open up google and use it but as soon as I come back to the desktop my cursor shows this hourglass that keeps on loading for a very long time. Also I’m not able to open up apps on my desktop because of this cursor thingy.

How do I fix this?

submitted by /u/kingquew
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kingquew, Jan 13, 2021
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool My desktop freezes after I right click. Help please! :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jan 13, 2021
  4. My desktop freezes after I right click. Help please!

Desktop Freezes on Right Click

Hi Elsaeed,

To better assist you with your concern, we'd like to clarify the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to the issue?

If your desktop freezes, check this article: Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10 to make your Windows
    10 PC run better.

Keep us posted.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

My desktop freezes after I right click. Help please!

1. My desktop freezes after I right click. Help please! - Similar Threads - desktop freezes right

2. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  3. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...
  4. Desktop freeze when i right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop freeze when i right click: Everytime i right click on my desktop it freezes and i dont know why. I have the newest drivers for my gpu, windows is updated and the moving background is not the problem because when i shut it off it still does it. https://reddit.com/link/12rqnhh/video/frzaswpqxtua1/player...
  5. Freezing right after booting. Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezing right after booting. Please help!: submitted by /u/ConstantDifficulty80 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzkmdy/freezing_right_after_booting_please_help/
  6. When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.: Hi, i'm having a problem with my MSI Laptop, where I right click the desktop, then it will turn my cursor into the blue circle and try to boot up the screen the gives you all those settings. Then it will take around 2 minutes for that to actually show, but when I click it...
  7. Right click on desktop not working. WINDOWS 10. PLEASE HELP.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click on desktop not working. WINDOWS 10. PLEASE HELP.: I know this has been asked a ton of times here and on other websites, but I haven't found a solution yet. WINDOWS 10 WHENEVER I right click on desktop the cursor keeps loading forever (blue loading circle). These are the things that I have tried, but still didn't solve...
  8. Files Explorer right click freeze Please help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Explorer right click freeze Please help!: Whenever I open File Explorer and try to right click a folder or file it just shows the blue loading circle and then freezes! I'm running windows 10, I've tried searching everywhere. This is not the same as the desktop right click freeze. Please somebody help, this is what it...
  9. Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut: Hi everyone! My desktop freezes when I right-click on a document or shortcut. This also happens when I right-click on something in file explorer. Does anyone has a solution for this? Thank you in advance!...
  10. Desktop disappeared and right click doesn't work - help please!

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop disappeared and right click doesn't work - help please!: I can't see any reference to this on the forum, but it must have happened to someone here before. For some reason, my normal desktop has disappeared and has been replaced by what I can only describe as an enlarged version of the Start menu. The original desktop, with its...