Windows 10: My desktop gets re-initiated after WIndows 10 automatic update : I lost the apps on the desktop

Discus and support My desktop gets re-initiated after WIndows 10 automatic update : I lost the apps on the desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; SInce I have accepted to run a mandatory update of Windows 10 on 2nd July my laptop is no more keeping my windows account configuration after any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SERGIOBRAMO, Jul 10, 2020.

1. My desktop gets re-initiated after WIndows 10 automatic update : I lost the apps on the desktop

SInce I have accepted to run a mandatory update of Windows 10 on 2nd July my laptop is no more keeping my windows account configuration after any restart.

1 When I restart my laptop the desktop shows only Chrome and MIcrosoft edge even if I have put all the apps that I need on the screen excel, powerpoint,word, linkedin,.. they disappear if I reboot.

2 After the update a number of apps do not exist or work anymore :

2.1 - Photo has disappeared and when I try to open a jpg file I get an error message that there is no more app for that files

2.2 - Calculator is in the menu app list but does not open anymore

2.3 - Thunderbid Mail app and configiration were lost

2.4 - Thunderbird Calendar data got lost

2.5 - a number pof applications I have installed disappeared as well

3 I can see a number of Temp.Laptop.... files under users and the date is that of the updated 2 July

4 Office is asking me to0 approve password at any reboot.

5 Download and Document folder gets flushed and I lose my data

It's like if there is a flag that has not been reset after the update and make to restart fresh all the time.

I have not interrupted the update when it run on 2nd july

Please help me stabilize the laptop.

thanks Sergio

:)

SERGIOBRAMO, Jul 10, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 10, 2020
  3. My desktop getting refresh automatically after Windows 10 update

Hello,

yesterday my laptop got updated to Windows 10. After the installation was done and I logged in my system, my the desktop screen is getting refresh automatically. Even the clock on the task bar is not coming up. Now I am not able to use my system at all.

Appreciate any suggestion to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Jyotirmoy_Chakraborty, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Buffy12 Win User

My desktop gets re-initiated after WIndows 10 automatic update : I lost the apps on the desktop

i can't get to my desktop!!!!!!!!

Umm, I'm lost. Create Windows 10 installation media??? That looks like I'm reinstalling Windows 10. . .didn't like it the first time!!!!!!!! That said, can't get to my desktop either, but it's been suggested I have malware or infection. How do I run
    a repair to correct this?

Buffy12, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

My desktop gets re-initiated after WIndows 10 automatic update : I lost the apps on the desktop

1. My desktop gets re-initiated after WIndows 10 automatic update : I lost the apps on the desktop - Similar Threads - desktop gets initiated

2. Lost apps on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost apps on my desktop: I lost my apps on my desktop. I cant find it and I dont know how to bring it back to my desktop screen. I dont know much about computer and Im only using this for playing and browsing. Please help me since I am lost here....
  3. Lost apps on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost apps on my desktop: I lost my apps on my desktop. I cant find it and I dont know how to bring it back to my desktop screen. I dont know much about computer and Im only using this for playing and browsing. Please help me since I am lost here....
  4. I lost my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my desktop: I have lost my desktop. I was trying to fix a red x in front of my administrator icon which was not allowing me to access or do things on my computer, as i was searching for a fix I came across a fix see attached, it seemed helpful being many people seemed to help them. I...
  5. I lost my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost my desktop: I have lost my desktop. I was trying to fix a red x in front of my administrator icon which was not allowing me to access or do things on my computer, as i was searching for a fix I came across a fix see attached, it seemed helpful being many people seemed to help them. I...
  6. Lost photos and desktop after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost photos and desktop after Windows update: windows updated my computer on May 12. I found my photos and videos moved to users/my name/one drive/photos. I didn’t do anything and a couple days later, windows updated my computer again. Now my photos and videos are no where to be seen. All of them are gone. I tried the...
  7. I lost my Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I lost my Desktop: I lost my Desktop after making changes in The Task Manager. My Laptop is booting up very slow and Firefox was starting very slow without anything to even show me that it was working. I changed things from startup to startup Delayed also somethings were disabled and were...
  8. Lost Desktop /Profile after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Desktop /Profile after Windows 10 Update: After updating my PC the "Hi, we are working on your pc" flashed for nearly an hour before a blank unusable desktop appeared. A Halt error appears and the process begins anew. How do I get my computer back?...
  9. I lost access to remote desktop after Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I lost access to remote desktop after Windows update: I get used to this feature, I mean remote desktop, so I am annoyed not being able to get my home desktop from the office computer. I still can remotely use desktop inside home network, but lost access from outside...
  10. Windows 10 not re-activating after desktop lost power

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 not re-activating after desktop lost power: I had my PC in sleep mode, and someone tripped a breaker. The computer shut off, but nothing important was unsaved. No biggie. Unfortunately, Windows 10 64-bit home edition now thinks that my PC is a totally different computer; no hardware change, no other computers with the...