Windows 10: MY DESKTOP HAS DEFAULTED TO BLANK AND WHITE PLEASE ADVISE

Discus and support MY DESKTOP HAS DEFAULTED TO BLANK AND WHITE PLEASE ADVISE in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; MY DESKTOP ICONS ARE IN BLACK AND WHITE NO COLOR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rashied Henry, Nov 12, 2018.

1. MY DESKTOP HAS DEFAULTED TO BLANK AND WHITE PLEASE ADVISE

MY DESKTOP ICONS ARE IN BLACK AND WHITE NO COLOR

:)

Rashied Henry, Nov 12, 2018
  2. Taimilk Win User

White blank icons on desktop and in program tree.

I have this problem sometimes. It seems the icon cache database is corrupted for some reasons. I use the following steps to restore all white blank icons.

1. Start command prompt (WindowKey + R, type cmd)

2. In command prompt type "cd %userprofile%\appdata\local"

3. In command prompt type "del iconcache.db /a"

4. Start taskmanager (WindowKey + R, type taskmgr)

5. Find Windows Explorer and Right click | End Task

6. In taskmanager select File | New Task then type explorer

You should now fix all white blank icons on desktop.

Taimilk, Nov 12, 2018
  3. j39dofFkjsd, Nov 12, 2018
  4. CJDodaro Win User

MY DESKTOP HAS DEFAULTED TO BLANK AND WHITE PLEASE ADVISE

White, blank, desktop icons

Hello,

My problem is this: All of the desktop icons for websites that I have loaded on my desktop suddenly all turned to white, blank icons. They were installed using the drag & drop method, which also no longer seems to work. What is the solution? I have tried
    to remove my local icon cache and reinstall, but that didn't work. Please help.

CJ

CJDodaro, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

MY DESKTOP HAS DEFAULTED TO BLANK AND WHITE PLEASE ADVISE

1. MY DESKTOP HAS DEFAULTED TO BLANK AND WHITE PLEASE ADVISE - Similar Threads - DESKTOP HAS DEFAULTED

2. My taskbar has gone blank. Please help :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar has gone blank. Please help :: I had recently updated to Windows 11 as it was showing as an update on my computer. But now why is my taskbar blank? Also, the previous format has been wiped....
  3. My taskbar has gone blank. Please help :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar has gone blank. Please help :: I had recently updated to Windows 11 as it was showing as an update on my computer. But now why is my taskbar blank? Also, the previous format has been wiped....
  4. Desktop Replaced By Blank White Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Replaced By Blank White Screen: A couple weeks ago my Desktop started being replaced by a completely blank, white screen. This would happensometimes after I turned on the computer. Within probably a minute of Desktop appearing, it would be replaced the the blank, white screen. I could do various things...
  5. I have a white blank space on my desktop??? Pics below...

I have a white blank space on my desktop??? Pics below...: [ATTACH] So I have this blank space that didnt go away after a restart?? Anyone know how to get my background back? I tried changing the background with no luck. Please help and Thank you Guys for all you do!...
  6. blank white boxes for my files

blank white boxes for my files: Windows 10 pro 64 bit how to correct blank white boxes on my files and short cuts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-white-boxes-for-my-files/09b30ae3-6d28-4998-b9d0-306d9fa6eb0f
  7. Please Advise Me

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please Advise Me: Hi, Please advise me , i received Message About activate Win.10, I Have the same p.c. serial No. Same Microsoft Account . So ,what is the problem? Thank you for your reply...
  8. BlueScreen Error - Please advise

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BlueScreen Error - Please advise: Hi, My windows 10 PC keeps keeps restarting to due to Bluescreen errors. Tends to happen when I'm not even using my PC. PC is up to date with updates. Please help if possible. Thanks so much. I can provide minidump file at a later stage. Thanks. Mark Error message:...
  9. My screen is cut in half. Please advise.

My screen is cut in half. Please advise.: My desktop only shows 1/2 of the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-cut-in-half-please-advise/e4c5fc73-43a2-4c85-8367-33eb95770f45
  10. White, blank, desktop icons

White, blank, desktop icons: Hello, My problem is this: All of the desktop icons for websites that I have loaded on my desktop suddenly all turned to white, blank icons. They were installed using the drag & drop method, which also no longer seems to work. What is the solution? I have tried to remove...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display screen defaulted to black and white

2. my desktop icons are white