Windows 10: My desktop has something wrong with it...

Discus and support My desktop has something wrong with it... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a desktop computer with a ethernet cable going to the wall ethernet port. I get about 300mb/s and evryrhing works fine except that it random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pedrocompian, Jan 26, 2019.

1. My desktop has something wrong with it...

I have a desktop computer with a ethernet cable going to the wall ethernet port. I get about 300mb/s and evryrhing works fine except that it random drops to like 0 bytes/s or playing games it discconects me and reconnects me. Why is my desktop keep losing connection and reconneting, ive checked my drivers and reinstalled them but keeps happening

:)

pedrocompian, Jan 26, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 26, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jan 26, 2019
  4. My desktop has something wrong with it...

Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

My desktop has something wrong with it...

1. My desktop has something wrong with it... - Similar Threads - desktop has something

2. Something is wrong with my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is wrong with my screen: I was just playing and suddenly my screen kinda move. There is a small portion of my top screen moved under the taskbar. I don't know how to fix I had been searching online but the solutions aren't working....
  3. something is wrong with my passwords!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    something is wrong with my passwords!: I just had the scare of my life! Just a few minutes ago, the passwords for every account I have just stopped working. This is for email, social media, discord, everything....... I changed my email password and got through there, but I didn't want to do this for every single...
  4. Something wrong with my pc

Something wrong with my pc: I was doing alright with my PC but when I would play video games such as FORTNITE when loading it a pop-up would say things like you have an outdated driver. I would ignore it but my friend told me to deal with it. I then decided to deal with it and go on NVIDIA I have an...
  5. Something is wrong with my windows

Something is wrong with my windows: I was trying to reset my windows, per usual, as i do this regularly like every year. You know, restarting through this feature :But this time, when i tried to reset, it appears to not be able to do such thing. After choosing the option to download windows or install it...
  6. There's something wrong with my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    There's something wrong with my computer: 2021/ 11/ 8 16:02 Windows LiveKernelEvent 1d4 1: 0 2: 5 3ffffbf0a0cb1f900 4: 0 10_0_19042 0_0 768_1 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.99 ID2052 IDLKD_0x1D4_COMMAND_TIMEOUT_5_UcmUcsiAcpiClient_UcmUcsiCx!UcmUcsiCx::GenerateCommandTimeoutDump...
  7. There's something wrong with my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There's something wrong with my computer: 2021/ 11/ 8 16:02 Windows LiveKernelEvent 1d4 1: 0 2: 5 3ffffbf0a0cb1f900 4: 0 10_0_19042 0_0 768_1 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.99 ID2052 IDLKD_0x1D4_COMMAND_TIMEOUT_5_UcmUcsiAcpiClient_UcmUcsiCx!UcmUcsiCx::GenerateCommandTimeoutDump...
  8. something's wrong with my desktop's audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    something's wrong with my desktop's audio: recently, i bought a new desktop (https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06693646) and noticed that there is distortion when i use my bluetooth headphones (sony wh-h900n). at first, i thought it had to do with my headphones, but when i connected them to my laptop...
  9. I Reset My PC And Something Has Gone Wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I Reset My PC And Something Has Gone Wrong: So Basically I Reset My Computer Because I Was Thinking Of Selling It. When All Of A Sudden When Its Finished And Loads Theres A "Other User" With A Password I Am Not Familiar With And Dont Know..Is This Normal?.....
  10. Is there something wrong with my SSD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there something wrong with my SSD?: So I am trying to decompress a zip file, and when I have it on my D drive (a old school normal hdd) and have it set to decompress onto my C drive (My SSD) why does it seem to extract much slower than just going from D to D drive? I've even had the pc softlock before during...