Windows 10: My Desktop Icon Labels are missing after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update,...

Discus and support My Desktop Icon Labels are missing after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update,... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I notice, the text below icons are missing after upgrading to Windows 10 1809. How can I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andre Da Costa, Oct 3, 2018.

1. My Desktop Icon Labels are missing after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update,...

I notice, the text below icons are missing after upgrading to Windows 10 1809. How can I fix this?

:)

Andre Da Costa, Oct 3, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Missing desktop icons

Hi,

In order for us to address your concern about the missing desktop icons, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current version and build of your Windows 10? To get these information follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small window will appear which will show these information.

(You may need to update your Windows computer, please refer to this
    support link
    to get information about Windows update history as well as how to update your device.)

• Aside from doing the commands above, what are other troubleshooting steps have you taken for your missing desktop icons issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Oct 3, 2018
  4. My Desktop Icon Labels are missing after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update,...

Desktop icons missing. Text labels are there.

Hi,

To further isolate your concern, we suggest that you create a Test User Profile. Using the Test User Profile, try to install the update for Window Defender and check if you will have the same issue with missing icons. This is for us to check
    if the issue is isolated with one User Profile account or multiple accounts.

To create a test user profile, follow these steps:

• On Search, type Setting then hit the
      Enter key.

• On Settings window, select Accounts.

• Select Family & other people.

• Select Add someone else to this PC.

• Name the user profile as TEST.

• Assign a password for TEST user, then select
      Next.

• Sign in TEST user.

We will be waiting for your response.

Darleen Pen, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

My Desktop Icon Labels are missing after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update,...

1. My Desktop Icon Labels are missing after upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update,... - Similar Threads - Desktop Icon Labels

2. Windows 10 October 2018 upgrade failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October 2018 upgrade failure: I have Windows 10 professional running on my PC with the 1803 update. I want to apply the 1809 update and I have tried all possible techniques, including the upgrade assistant, downloading the installation USB and trying an in-place upgrade, but I keep getting the same error:...
  3. After 1803 version update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October

After 1803 version update ALL my desktop icons have disappeared 2018 October: After the latest windows feature update on my Toshiba laptop ALL of my desktop icons have gone and Firefox wont work. I am so pissed off. Something goes wrong with Microsoft Updates almost every week....
  4. Two Troubleshooters missing in Settings app after upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two Troubleshooters missing in Settings app after upgrade to Windows 10 October 2018 Update: After upgrading to Windows 10 Version 1809 from Version 1803, Two troubleshooters are missing in the Troubleshooting section in the Update and Security section. These troubleshooters are the Blue Screen troubleshooter and the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. I updated to...
  5. Windows 10 October 2018 Update problems after upgrade from Windows 10 April 2018 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update problems after upgrade from Windows 10 April 2018 update: After upgrading the Windows 10 October 2018 update some problems occurred. In the Settings app, the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter is missing, I noticed this after getting a hardware error that is displayed in the reliability monitor. The task manager displays CPU usage...
  6. RSAT Tools Missing After October 2018 Windows 10 Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    RSAT Tools Missing After October 2018 Windows 10 Update: After reading on the RSAT information page that all of the RSAT features that once needed to be installed manually are now considered "Features on Demand," I followed the instructions to add my missing utilities... or at least I tried... There is no FoD for RSAT AD Users &...
  7. RSAT Tools Missing After October 2018 Windows 10 Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    RSAT Tools Missing After October 2018 Windows 10 Update: After reading on the RSAT information page that all of the RSAT features that once needed to be installed manually are now considered "Features on Demand," I followed the instructions to add my missing utilities... or at least I tried... There is no FoD for RSAT AD Users &...
  8. Missing Unicode Star after update to 2018 October

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing Unicode Star after update to 2018 October: Hi, I've just updated to Windows 10 October 2018 Update. I noticed that one of my applications which uses the Unicode U+2606 White Star (☆) no longer displays the symbol. After some investigation, it appears that while applications like Edge, Chrome, Telegram, etc display...
  9. Question: I just upgraded to the Windows 10 October 2018 Update but my Desktop is Black...

Question: I just upgraded to the Windows 10 October 2018 Update but my Desktop is Black...: After signing, the desktop is black, but I see my mouse pointer and move it around on screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/question-i-just-upgraded-to-the-windows-10-october/87eb015e-844d-47fe-bb43-a8c04b1515e2
  10. Question: I just upgraded to the Windows 10 October 2018 Update but my Desktop is Blank...

Question: I just upgraded to the Windows 10 October 2018 Update but my Desktop is Blank...: I just installed the latest version of Windows 10, but its empty and my files and desktop icons are missing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/question-i-just-upgraded-to-the-windows-10-october/b9916690-11a2-47d4-8c5c-3a1f2be8b1a4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 icon labels missing

2. icon labels in windows 10

3. Missing Icon Labels Text and Icons in Windows 10

4. windows 10 upgrade cannot see desktop icon labels,
  5. why is my desktop icon labels missing,
  6. windows 10 desktop icons labels,
  7. windows 10 labels missing,
  8. text and lable missing in windows 10,
  9. missing labels windows 10,
  10. windows 10 desktop shortcut text labels missing,
  11. windows 10 desktop icon labels missing,