Windows 10: My desktop icons and desktop are not being responsive

Discus and support My desktop icons and desktop are not being responsive in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After I installed the Windows 10 update all of my desktop icons disappeared and it did not allow me to interact with the desktop background. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GerardoOS, Jun 4, 2020.

1. GerardoOS Win User

My desktop icons and desktop are not being responsive

After I installed the Windows 10 update all of my desktop icons disappeared and it did not allow me to interact with the desktop background. I tried to reload explorer.exe but it wasn't running in the first place and restart my computer. I am very confused on why it is happening and I don't know what to do.

:)

GerardoOS, Jun 4, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jun 4, 2020
  4. My desktop icons and desktop are not being responsive

Desktop Icons

Hello Charles,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you using any 3rd-party antivirus software?
    • Check if the Auto arrange icons is enabled, refer to the steps below:
    • Right-click on your Desktop, hover your mouse cursor to View.
    • Click on Auto arrange icons to disable the feature.
    • Kindly send us a screenshot of your Desktop icons.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

My desktop icons and desktop are not being responsive

1. My desktop icons and desktop are not being responsive - Similar Threads - desktop icons desktop

2. Many Desktop Icons on PC are Being Overwritten by OneDrive Desktop Synch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Many Desktop Icons on PC are Being Overwritten by OneDrive Desktop Synch: I didn't see a OneDrive section, so will add it here. I just got back from a week vacation and this morning I noticed a lot of my desktop icons are no longer showing the proper icon jpg, txt, doc, pdf, etc and instead are showing a mini white preview which makes it a lot more...
  3. Many Desktop Icons on PC are Being Overwritten by OneDrive Desktop Synch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Many Desktop Icons on PC are Being Overwritten by OneDrive Desktop Synch: I didn't see a OneDrive section, so will add it here. I just got back from a week vacation and this morning I noticed a lot of my desktop icons are no longer showing the proper icon jpg, txt, doc, pdf, etc and instead are showing a mini white preview which makes it a lot more...
  4. Many Desktop Icons on PC are Being Overwritten by OneDrive Desktop Synch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My desktop icons . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop icons . . .: My computer's, a Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.My icons are all on the left, side of my desktop?When I try to move, one back. It just comes, right back to the left side.Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...
  6. Prevent icons from being added to desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent icons from being added to desktop?: I keep getting icons for Internet Explorer, Outlook, etc added to my desktop. Where can I disable this? Creating a schedule task to delete them isn't a great option since they get added back a few minutes later. version 1909 (build 18363.657) 154994
  7. win10 desktop icons, slow response to mouse

win10 desktop icons, slow response to mouse: Hi, when I move mouse cursor on the desktop (without clicking or dragging; just moving), icon items show a transparent rectangle around the icon, as if they are focused (pre-focus ?) This happens quickly; so one may see a nice effect when moving the mouse up down etc....
  8. icons on my desktop

icons on my desktop: I picked some icons to go on my shortcuts but they ended up on my desktop.my other ones would not stay in place they disappeared all the time .so im trying to put these new ones in there place but I don't know how to do it.im not that good at computer s but im trying to...
  9. icons on my desktop

icons on my desktop: I picked some icons to go on my shortcuts but they ended up on my desktop.my other ones would not stay in place they disappeared all the time .so im trying to put these new ones in there place but I don't know how to do it.im not that good at computer s but im trying to...
  10. Desktop icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop icon on desktop: Hi, A desktop icon suddenly appeared on my desktop.. If I delete it, the whole desktop is also deleted... The desktop folder on the drive, does not contain that icon. Does anyone has any experience with this scenario? *Smile 5511