Windows 10: My desktop icons keep resetting after a reboot.

Discus and support My desktop icons keep resetting after a reboot. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; They keep going back to the same random position. Auto-arrange icons is OFF. It is not an antivirus issue. Anyone know why? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/itscharlie378, Jun 14, 2020.

1. My desktop icons keep resetting after a reboot.

They keep going back to the same random position.

Auto-arrange icons is OFF.

It is not an antivirus issue.

Anyone know why?

submitted by /u/itscharlie378
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/itscharlie378, Jun 14, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Rearrange after Reboot

Hi Fernando,

There are several causes of this problem. It might be the display settings, outdated graphic drivers, or themes allowed on the desktop icons. Since this problem happens every after Windows update, we recommend performing some troubleshooting steps that are
    applicable for the issue. We suggest that you follow these methods on how to fix this problem:

Method 1: Uncheck Align icons to grid option on your desktop.

• Right-click on the desktop
    • Select View and then untick Align icons to grid
      option.

Method 2: Prevent themes to change desktop icons.

• On Cortana search, type themes and related settings.
    • Choose Themes and related settings from the list.
    • Under Related settings, click on Desktop icon settings.
    • Untick Allow themes to change desktop icons.
    • Click on Apply and then click on OK.

Method 3: Download the latest video or graphics drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jun 14, 2020
  4. My desktop icons keep resetting after a reboot.

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

My desktop icons keep resetting after a reboot.

1. My desktop icons keep resetting after a reboot. - Similar Threads - desktop icons keep

2. Desktop icons keep resetting themselves

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons keep resetting themselves: I am trying to use custom icons for my file folders, however, they keep resetting to the standard folder icon. I am right clicking on the folder>properties>customize>change icon>browse>and selecting my downloaded icon. It does show the change, but then reverts back. Anyone...
  3. Desktop icons rearranging themselves after reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons rearranging themselves after reboot: I'm on Windows 10 2004 Update Build 19041.746 This started happening recently, my desktop icons is always rearranging themselves after every restart. i have arranged them many times as i need and whenever i restart, they comeback to the weird arranging. Auto arrange...
  4. Desktop icon keeps Moving/Resetting after restart.

Desktop icon keeps Moving/Resetting after restart.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/wholesomenthusiast [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jhbjv1/desktop_icon_keeps_movingresetting_after_restart/
  5. Desktop icons moving after reboot

Desktop icons moving after reboot: A user has two monitors, one 1920 res primary and the other 1280x1040 secondary. He moves all his icons to where he wants on the desktop and then after a reboot they all move back to the way they were. I have made sure Windows 10 is full up to date and on the latest...
  6. After a Windows Update My Desktop Keeps Resetting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After a Windows Update My Desktop Keeps Resetting: So last night I updated and shutdown my laptop, Then, the next day when I turned my laptop on, I noticed that my desktop is different, such as the background, icons, and so I did a lot of personalizing to make it look as it usually is and after I'm done playing some games I...
  7. My Icon positions keep resetting on reboot.

My Icon positions keep resetting on reboot.: I have a dual monitor setup and for a while it was working fine, but now whenever I boot up my computer it resets the icons to the second monitor and because the second monitor is smaller it moves the far right row to the middle of the first monitor. I know it has something...
  8. IPv4 settings keep resetting after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IPv4 settings keep resetting after reboot: I'm trying to have a static ip for each device on my LAN. I went to Network and sharing center => Change adapter settings => right clicked on my WiFi adapter => properties => IPv4 => changed the addresses to include the static IP that I want (IP address) and the IP of my...
  9. Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop

Desktop icon keeps appearing on my desktop: I keep getting a icon, labelled "desktop" on my desktop. I have listed the content below. [.ShellClassInfo] LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769 IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183 I have recently reinstalled Windows 10....
  10. Desktop Icons Keep Resetting?

Desktop Icons Keep Resetting?: First time poster. My body is ready. Basically, every time I re-size my desktop icons to a more comfortable size, and then later reboot. They return to their original chunky size. Could someone shed any light on why it keeps doing this? Tried several fixes from Windows...