Windows 10: My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update?

Discus and support My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dinodoc17, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Dinodoc17 Win User

My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update?

:)

Dinodoc17, Dec 12, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Missing desktop icons

Hi,

In order for us to address your concern about the missing desktop icons, kindly answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current version and build of your Windows 10? To get these information follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Once the Run box appears, type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small window will appear which will show these information.

(You may need to update your Windows computer, please refer to this
    support link
    to get information about Windows update history as well as how to update your device.)

• Aside from doing the commands above, what are other troubleshooting steps have you taken for your missing desktop icons issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Dec 12, 2018
  4. My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update?

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

1. My Desktop icons missing after Windows 10 update? - Similar Threads - Desktop icons missing

2. desktop icon missing after W11 H22 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icon missing after W11 H22 update: After the most recent W11 H22 update the usual Desktop blue icon is missing. I created a folder. How do I get back the usual desktop icon in File Explorer that I'm used to seeing? Also I would like to reorder the icons but the drag method is not working. Thanks...
  3. desktop icon missing after W11 H22 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icon missing after W11 H22 update: After the most recent W11 H22 update the usual Desktop blue icon is missing. I created a folder. How do I get back the usual desktop icon in File Explorer that I'm used to seeing? Also I would like to reorder the icons but the drag method is not working. Thanks...
  4. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.: Hello,My desktop icons and my recycle bin are no longer on my desktop. I just saved a word document and it does not save to my desktop when I save it to there. How do I get my icons and recycle bin back to my desktop?And, how I do I get documents, such as Word, to actually...
  5. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.: Hello,My desktop icons and my recycle bin are no longer on my desktop. I just saved a word document and it does not save to my desktop when I save it to there. How do I get my icons and recycle bin back to my desktop?And, how I do I get documents, such as Word, to actually...
  6. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Desktop Icons missing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons missing Windows 10: I touched something on my desktop by mistake and the following screen appeared. Its the blue screen on the right and not the other parts shown. Its a picture of the screen sent to my other computer by email. How do I get back to the desktop screen. Thanks, Residential Plus...
  8. Missing Desktop icons after doing the May update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Desktop icons after doing the May update.: I just update Windows 10 from 1909 to the May update using the Windows update tool. When it finished installing and I rebooted my computer, I got a small message box to say that it did recognize the user and it wouldn't allow me to continue to the desktop. I then rebooted...
  9. Icons on my Desktop of Windows 10 are missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icons on my Desktop of Windows 10 are missing: Hello, Yesterday i was kind of multitasking in my computer, exporting and in the same time coding, until my computer freezes and then everything faded away. So i turned off then turned on my computer, and that is where i got to see that my desktop icons are gone. The...
  10. Windows 10 & Missing Desktop Icons

Windows 10 & Missing Desktop Icons: - Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit I was repairing, uninstalling, and installing an app yesterday. In the process, I somehow managed to delete many, but not all, of my desktop icons. My guess is that I lost about 60 to 75 percent of my prior desktop icons. My desktop icons are just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop gone after windows 10 update

2. windows 10 update icon missing

3. desktop icon missing after windows 10 update

4. my desktop is missing after windows 10 update,
  5. desktop missing after windows 10 update,
  6. after windows 10 october update this pc icon missing