Windows 10: My desktop Icons turned invisible Need Help

Discus and support My desktop Icons turned invisible Need Help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've looked this up and none of the things i've tried have helped so i'm asking here in hope that someone can help me fix this. I will include a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobertoKuehn, Oct 18, 2020.

1. My desktop Icons turned invisible Need Help

I've looked this up and none of the things i've tried have helped so i'm asking here in hope that someone can help me fix this. I will include a picture of what it looks like so that maybe someone can help me. Thanks

My desktop Icons turned invisible Need Help d890a918-9ef5-4096-afc4-a6e57fc3b2f6?upload=true.jpg

:)

RobertoKuehn, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Invisible Icon on desktop turns black

You could do the same trick making a new folder on your desktop (which won't have the 'shortcut' arrow in the corner) unfortunately this also suffers the same 'invisible icon' problem. As this message is for info, why not use an appropriate icon instead? This one is found in shell32.dll

My desktop Icons turned invisible Need Help [​IMG]

3. Edwin Win User

There are no 'truly' invisible icons in the Windows system, you need to search the web for one.
    (I think they're created from a completely transparent bitmap image, then assigned an .ico extension, or sumpthin like that, I can't remember!)

My desktop Icons turned invisible Need Help [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 18, 2020
  4. tcebob Win User

My desktop Icons turned invisible Need Help

I wanted to display a brief text message on the desktop, so (cleverly) created a shortcut, then changed the title to my string and found an invisible icon in Imageres.ico. Worked great until I restarted explorer. The invisible icon became black and would not change until I replaced it. Perhaps the invisibility of the icon cuts through the desktop image?

tcebob, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

My desktop Icons turned invisible Need Help

1. My desktop Icons turned invisible Need Help - Similar Threads - desktop Icons turned

2. Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible: The icons on my desktop have gone completely invisible and the images on the taskbar have turned into a weird icon as per attached screenshot Some of the icons in the start bar are normal, but when the application is closed the apps return to the broken icon with the mail app...
  3. Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible: The icons on my desktop have gone completely invisible and the images on the taskbar have turned into a weird icon as per attached screenshot Some of the icons in the start bar are normal, but when the application is closed the apps return to the broken icon with the mail app...
  4. Desktop and taskbar icons are invisible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons Stuck on top of screen and invisible: I have searched the entire morning for an answer for the following question:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-stuck-on-top-of-screen-and-invisible/e9f13362-a204-4a6d-bde3-de4a95162295There is no answer in Microsoft community. I was able to...
  6. Invisible Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invisible Icons: Hello community,I was trying to figure out how to hide the Tray icons and, apparently, the solution involved Iconcache. Well, every icon has disappeared except for the icons on taskbar lol.As you can see in the image, icons are not invisible per se, but they are just gone...
  7. Invisible Icons! Please Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Invisible Icons! Please Help!: [ATTACH] I just logged into my pc and all of my desktop icons are invisible. My taskbar icons are visible but the have changed to a white default program icon. Also in the windows explorer it doesn't show any icons. Please any help is appreciated!...
  8. Need help changing desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help changing desktop icons: Hey, I’ve been trying to change some icons on my desktop folders for some time but can’t seem to get any luck submitted by /u/michalxm [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dt0lmu/need_help_changing_desktop_icons/
  9. invisible icons on desktop and taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    invisible icons on desktop and taskbar: hello its been a 3 days that i have this problem, it happens that i used the memory diagnostic and restarted my pc then i saw they are invisible like settings or microsoft store or spotify even i have a screenshot for proof: https://gyazo.com/f15cb1398a2d2f814d96d979a6407cc9...
  10. Invisible Icon on desktop turns black

in Windows 10 Support
    Invisible Icon on desktop turns black: I wanted to display a brief text message on the desktop, so (cleverly) created a shortcut, then changed the title to my string and found an invisible icon in Imageres.ico. Worked great until I restarted explorer. The invisible icon became black and would not change until I...