Windows 10: My Desktop is a D Drive

Discus and support My Desktop is a D Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I moved my Desktop Location to my Hard Drive. I accidentally forgot to add the Desktop subfolder in the location. Now everything I save in my D drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by asmoshingeki, Jun 12, 2020.

1. My Desktop is a D Drive

I moved my Desktop Location to my Hard Drive. I accidentally forgot to add the Desktop subfolder in the location.

Now everything I save in my D drive also goes to the desktop and everything I save in the Desktop directly goes to the D drive without any subfolders.

Tried creating on my D Drive a Desktop folder and copying everything to it but still can't do it when I searched to thumbs.db file wasn't there and desktop.ini were only files on my C drive

Tried this solution: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-d-drive/9f4b56ab-c683-4da6-9100-fa58b128320f so for me it doesn't work.

Is there a way to change desktop's localization to C Drive?

:)

asmoshingeki, Jun 12, 2020

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jun 12, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Not enough space on Recovery (DMy Desktop is a D Drive :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DMy Desktop is a D Drive :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Jun 12, 2020
  4. My Desktop is a D Drive

Installing to a second Drive. D: or external (Non Boot up Drives)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking for an option to move the game location from the C drive to the Drive D, which is an external drive.

In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that resolves your issue on both laptop and Desktop.

1. As usual install the game on the PC’s in
      C Drive.
    2. Insert the external
      D drive
      to the PC.
    3. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to launch
      Settings.
    4. Select Apps and click on
      Apps & features
      from the left pane.
    5. Search for the installed game from the list on the right pane.
    6. Single click on the game and select
      Move.
    7. Select the D drive under
      Choose a drive
      where you want to move the game.
    8. Restart the PC with the external drive connected and then launch the game.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

My Desktop is a D Drive

1. My Desktop is a D Drive - Similar Threads - Desktop Drive

2. Can Remote Desktop Into PC, but Cannot Access Drives via Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Remote Desktop Into PC, but Cannot Access Drives via Network: I'm trying to move my webserver to the outer tier router in my 3-tier network. Presently, it only works on the inner tier:I have a fiber connection with ONT feeding a NVG468MQ router. Behind that router I have a Linsys WRT3200ACM. Behind that, I have a second WRT3200ACM. My...
  3. Can Remote Desktop Into PC, but Cannot Access Drives via Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Remote Desktop Into PC, but Cannot Access Drives via Network: I'm trying to move my webserver to the outer tier router in my 3-tier network. Presently, it only works on the inner tier:I have a fiber connection with ONT feeding a NVG468MQ router. Behind that router I have a Linsys WRT3200ACM. Behind that, I have a second WRT3200ACM. My...
  4. Can Remote Desktop Into PC, but Cannot Access Drives via Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11 does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom disappear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update,...
  6. Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update

Desktop display issue and google drive not working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11 does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom disappear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update,...
  7. Desktop display issue and google drive nit working after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop display issue and google drive nit working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom dispear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update, it...
  8. Desktop display issue and google drive nit working after windows 11 update

Desktop display issue and google drive nit working after windows 11 update: Hi there, my computer with windows 11does not work properly after windows update automatically installed. The desktop tool bar at the bottom dispear, can not update resolution, Google drive not working etc. After I get into recovery mode to uninstalled the quality update, it...
  9. Why my system auto saves all folders/files on desktop and documents folder from my D drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my system auto saves all folders/files on desktop and documents folder from my D drive?: Why my system auto saves all folders/files on desktop and documents folder from my D drive. If I delete the file from desktop, it deletes the file from original location too....
  10. Why my system auto saves all folders/files on desktop and documents folder from my D drive?

Why my system auto saves all folders/files on desktop and documents folder from my D drive?: Why my system auto saves all folders/files on desktop and documents folder from my D drive. If I delete the file from desktop, it deletes the file from original location too....