Windows 10: My desktop is a laptop

Discus and support My desktop is a laptop in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Lenovo 700 connected to an external monitor via HDMI. I upgraded to 2004 on Nov. 8, several updates on Nov. 19 to bring it up to .630. Since then (Nov.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rboppy, Nov 21, 2020.

1. rboppy Win User

My desktop is a laptop

Lenovo 700 connected to an external monitor via HDMI. I upgraded to 2004 on Nov. 8, several updates on Nov. 19 to bring it up to .630. Since then (Nov. 19) when I put it to sleep (at the end of the day) wake it up in the morning it wakes up in 'PC screen only', Project is always set for 'Second screen only' unless I'm working on a project where I need the 'Extend' Project.

Is it Windows or is it Lenovo?

:)

rboppy, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Nov 21, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 21, 2020
  4. suraswami Win User

My desktop is a laptop

Laptop or Desktop for Music production?

My brother's BIL is into music composition and audition etc. He is looking to buy a new system (or build one). He was asking me if a Laptop will suffice for recording his compositions with good quality audio and video. He was looking to buy a i5 or i7 based Quad core + dedicated graphics powered laptop (with 8GB ram + 500GB Hdd). I suggested to build a Desktop powered with i5/i7 + dedicated grarphics and buy a real good $100 sound card and good headset. May be go little cheaper and build a AMD Quad/Hex based desktop.

Is a Laptop good enough or desktop is better?

If laptop suggest me few good ones. Looking for a mid-range priced ones (about $800).

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

My desktop is a laptop

1. My desktop is a laptop - Similar Threads - desktop laptop

2. Windows 11 desktop not detecting windows 10 laptop as a wireless display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 desktop not detecting windows 10 laptop as a wireless display?: Would I have to update my laptop to Windows 11 or do I need some kind of adapter for the desktop PC to be able to connect wirelessly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-desktop-not-detecting-windows-10-laptop/ae4ebe97-f2a0-4f8a-90e1-cc2361bfcd33
  3. Windows 11 desktop not detecting windows 10 laptop as a wireless display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 desktop not detecting windows 10 laptop as a wireless display?: Would I have to update my laptop to Windows 11 or do I need some kind of adapter for the desktop PC to be able to connect wirelessly? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-desktop-not-detecting-windows-10-laptop/ae4ebe97-f2a0-4f8a-90e1-cc2361bfcd33
  4. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  5. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.: At work, I have two monitors with the extended display, where you can drag applications from one monitor to the other. I was told that when I remote in using the remote desktop connection that this won't be possible. To successfully work from home, I need a way to have my...
  6. I need to use dual monitors from one laptop with a Remote Desktop Connection.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I have an hard drive from my desktop pc, when I try to hook it up to my laptop, the hard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an hard drive from my desktop pc, when I try to hook it up to my laptop, the hard...: My desktop pc crashed, I took the hard drive out to try to save my media. It shows no media and doesn't show up as a drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-hard-drive-from-my-desktop-pc-when-i-try/1846fbc7-f7c8-470e-ad53-f1359689c60a
  8. I have an hard drive from my desktop pc, when I try to hook it up to my laptop, the hard...

I have an hard drive from my desktop pc, when I try to hook it up to my laptop, the hard...: My desktop pc crashed, I took the hard drive out to try to save my media. It shows no media and doesn't show up as a drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-hard-drive-from-my-desktop-pc-when-i-try/1846fbc7-f7c8-470e-ad53-f1359689c60a
  9. Internet is slower on my desktop than my laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet is slower on my desktop than my laptop.: I have a desktop that I made that has an ethernet port that is cable of 1 Gbps and a newer laptop with the same capabilities. When downloading the same game through steam using the same Ethernet cable, I get 1Gbps on my laptop but at most 250 Mbps on my desktop. What could be...
  10. Internet is slower on my desktop than my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet is slower on my desktop than my laptop.: I have a desktop that I made that has an ethernet port that is cable of 1 Gbps and a newer laptop with the same capabilities. When downloading the same game through steam using the same Ethernet cable, I get 1Gbps on my laptop but at most 250 Mbps on my desktop. What could be...