Windows 10: My desktop is a laptop

Discus and support My desktop is a laptop in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Lenovo 700 connected to an external monitor via HDMI. I upgraded to 2004 on Nov. 8, several updates on Nov. 19 to bring it up to .630. Since then (Nov.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rboppy, Nov 21, 2020.

1. rboppy Win User

My desktop is a laptop

Lenovo 700 connected to an external monitor via HDMI. I upgraded to 2004 on Nov. 8, several updates on Nov. 19 to bring it up to .630. Since then (Nov. 19) when I put it to sleep (at the end of the day) wake it up in the morning it wakes up in 'PC screen only', Project is always set for 'Second screen only' unless I'm working on a project where I need the 'Extend' Project.

Is it Windows or is it Lenovo?

:)

rboppy, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Nov 21, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 21, 2020
  4. suraswami Win User

My desktop is a laptop

Laptop or Desktop for Music production?

My brother's BIL is into music composition and audition etc. He is looking to buy a new system (or build one). He was asking me if a Laptop will suffice for recording his compositions with good quality audio and video. He was looking to buy a i5 or i7 based Quad core + dedicated graphics powered laptop (with 8GB ram + 500GB Hdd). I suggested to build a Desktop powered with i5/i7 + dedicated grarphics and buy a real good $100 sound card and good headset. May be go little cheaper and build a AMD Quad/Hex based desktop.

Is a Laptop good enough or desktop is better?

If laptop suggest me few good ones. Looking for a mid-range priced ones (about $800).

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

My desktop is a laptop

1. My desktop is a laptop - Similar Threads - desktop laptop

2. Cannot print from Dell laptop to shared printer on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot print from Dell laptop to shared printer on desktop: Both machines: Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, 19042.1288. Dell recent updates: 10/12 cumulative update KB5006670, 10/1 update KB4023057, 9/24 cumulative update KB5005565.Desktop recent updates: 10/14 cumulative update KB5006670, 10/8 update KB4023057, 9/16 cumulative update...
  3. Cannot print from Dell laptop to shared printer on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot print from Dell laptop to shared printer on desktop: Both machines: Windows 10 Pro, 20H2, 19042.1288. Dell recent updates: 10/12 cumulative update KB5006670, 10/1 update KB4023057, 9/24 cumulative update KB5005565.Desktop recent updates: 10/14 cumulative update KB5006670, 10/8 update KB4023057, 9/16 cumulative update...
  4. Cannot print from Dell laptop to shared printer on desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unable to access files on desktop from laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access files on desktop from laptop: I'm going crazy. I am unable to access the shared folder on my desktop from my laptop... I've been trying... Can I please have some help? Desktop PC: Running Windows 10 Pro on ethernet cableLaptop: Running Windows 10 Home on WiFiLogged in with same MS account on both PC. When...
  6. Windows laptop cannot find desktop on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows laptop cannot find desktop on network: On my home network, my desktop can see and access my laptop. However, my laptop cannot see the desktop.My desktop is running Windows 10 Home 20H2, OS build 19042.1165. My laptop is running the same version.The network is routed through an ASUS router. The desktop is connected...
  7. Enabling One Drive wiped my desktop icons and replaced them with the icons from my laptop...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling One Drive wiped my desktop icons and replaced them with the icons from my laptop...: How can I restore my desktop after enabling OneDrive on my desktop and having it remove all my desktop icons in favor of duplicating my laptop desktop icons?...
  8. Laptop cannot access desktop drive, PIN not recognized, 2 issues or unrelated?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop cannot access desktop drive, PIN not recognized, 2 issues or unrelated?: ISSUE 1: My wife on her laptop needs to access a file on my desktop drive. But when she tries she gets a message that she does not have permission to access that drive.On my desktop when i shared the drive I specifically granted permission to *** Email address is removed for...
  9. Device manager wrongly shows my laptop as being a desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device manager wrongly shows my laptop as being a desktop: It incorrectly says DESKTOP in Device manager when it is actually a LAPTOP. Also has three alerts saying base system device! The LAPTOP appears to still work ok but it is disconcerting. Help appreciated....
  10. I have Minecraft bedrock on my laptop and my Xbox but I couldn't install it onto my desktop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have Minecraft bedrock on my laptop and my Xbox but I couldn't install it onto my desktop...: I looked it up and found that you can only download it on one pc device so I uninstalled Minecraft on my laptop. I see it but it doesn't say open or install...