Windows 10: My desktop is a laptop

Discus and support My desktop is a laptop in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Lenovo 700 connected to an external monitor via HDMI. I upgraded to 2004 on Nov. 8, several updates on Nov. 19 to bring it up to .630. Since then (Nov.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by rboppy, Nov 21, 2020.

1. rboppy Win User

My desktop is a laptop

Lenovo 700 connected to an external monitor via HDMI. I upgraded to 2004 on Nov. 8, several updates on Nov. 19 to bring it up to .630. Since then (Nov. 19) when I put it to sleep (at the end of the day) wake it up in the morning it wakes up in 'PC screen only', Project is always set for 'Second screen only' unless I'm working on a project where I need the 'Extend' Project.

Is it Windows or is it Lenovo?

:)

rboppy, Nov 21, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Nov 21, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 21, 2020
  4. suraswami Win User

My desktop is a laptop

Laptop or Desktop for Music production?

My brother's BIL is into music composition and audition etc. He is looking to buy a new system (or build one). He was asking me if a Laptop will suffice for recording his compositions with good quality audio and video. He was looking to buy a i5 or i7 based Quad core + dedicated graphics powered laptop (with 8GB ram + 500GB Hdd). I suggested to build a Desktop powered with i5/i7 + dedicated grarphics and buy a real good $100 sound card and good headset. May be go little cheaper and build a AMD Quad/Hex based desktop.

Is a Laptop good enough or desktop is better?

If laptop suggest me few good ones. Looking for a mid-range priced ones (about $800).

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

My desktop is a laptop

1. My desktop is a laptop - Similar Threads - desktop laptop

2. Too long to see the desktop in my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Too long to see the desktop in my laptop: I manually updated my windows 10 to 20h2 version. After the update my laptop takes too long to boot, to view my desktop. Anybody can give a help about this. It takes several minutes to see the desktop with icons. Please!...
  3. New Desktop, running slower then 10 year old laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Desktop, running slower then 10 year old laptop: I have a year old PC that was running amazing, up until about a week ago when I started getting a ton of BSOD... I think I have overall resolved that issue, BUT the computer is running very slowly now. For instance from the windows login screen, entering PIN to loading into...
  4. New Desktop, running slower then 10 year old laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    New Desktop, running slower then 10 year old laptop: I have a year old PC that was running amazing, up until about a week ago when I started getting a ton of BSOD... I think I have overall resolved that issue, BUT the computer is running very slowly now. For instance from the windows login screen, entering PIN to loading into...
  5. HELP! My laptop ran out of power...everything is slow, my desktop looked messed...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP! My laptop ran out of power...everything is slow, my desktop looked messed...: TBH I don't know what is really happening. Basically all my data is actually still on the original C drive now it's the "D" drive so it's not too big of a tragedy...but, as per the title, my laptop logged into the wrong account for whatever reason it's of an outlook account...
  6. Access Credentials not accepted by laptop for Remote Desktop Home to Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access Credentials not accepted by laptop for Remote Desktop Home to Pro Upgrade: After reformatting a Dell laptop Inspiron 7548 with the latest 20H2 Windows 10, I was greeted with a Home version as the install never asked me which version to install. The install was a clean install and the old install was Pro. I was directed to the Microsoft store to...
  7. After updating to Win10 version 20H2 I cannot HOME NETWORK my Desktop & Laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After updating to Win10 version 20H2 I cannot HOME NETWORK my Desktop & Laptop: This is a NEW problem following my updating my Desktop & Laptop to version 20H2. I have for years NETWORKED & shifted hundreds of files / many directories from my FINAL VERSION IS ALWAYS ON THE DESKTOP to mobile clones on my Laptop. Now I cannot see my two PCs on the...
  8. laptop desktop view

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop desktop view: By mistake I updated my desktop apps to go in order.... Before I did this I had a photo set in the middle of the desktop with apps around it. I can't seem to reset it... Please help Thank you...
  9. One Drive Desktop and Laptop Syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Drive Desktop and Laptop Syncing: Hi, I currently use a desktop PC, and a laptop both connected to OneDrive, with Microsoft office also. I want OneDrive to keep saving to the cloud, but i don't want the PC and Laptop syncing the sale files , EG: documents on the home screen etc. Can anyone advise me on...
  10. Wireless mouse stutters on my laptop but not on my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wireless mouse stutters on my laptop but not on my desktop: Hello My redragon mirage mouse (and other wireless mice i have tried) stutter on my laptop, but not on my desktop. I have tried a few fixes but no results. Any help? submitted by /u/Danielpena002 [link] [comments]...