Windows 10: My desktop is not accessible, help

Discus and support My desktop is not accessible, help in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG] Help! This message came when I turned on the computer, what should I do? Yesterday, it was working fine but every file I click on required... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sosozozo, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Sosozozo Win User

My desktop is not accessible, help

My desktop is not accessible, help [​IMG]

Help!

This message came when I turned on the computer, what should I do?

Yesterday, it was working fine but every file I click on required an admin permission, even though I was on administration mode user.

I never made a backup, so I don't want to reset the device and lose my files.

:)

Sosozozo, Jan 9, 2019

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jan 9, 2019
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Jan 9, 2019
  4. My desktop is not accessible, help

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

My desktop is not accessible, help

1. My desktop is not accessible, help - Similar Threads - desktop accessible help

2. Need help accessing my desktop but I have forgotten password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help accessing my desktop but I have forgotten password: Hi,So I have a refurnished HP Compaq Elite 8300 desktop which runs on Windows 10 Pro. I had changed the password some time ago and now have forgotten it. When I select the password reset, it says - This feature requires removable media, such as USB flash drive. Please connect...
  3. Need help accessing my desktop but I have forgotten password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help accessing my desktop but I have forgotten password: Hi,So I have a refurnished HP Compaq Elite 8300 desktop which runs on Windows 10 Pro. I had changed the password some time ago and now have forgotten it. When I select the password reset, it says - This feature requires removable media, such as USB flash drive. Please connect...
  4. desktop access

in Windows 10 Customization
    desktop access: Hi,I recently moved and brought my desktop with me. My mouse and keyboard do not work currently as I've tried to do the safe with networking option during the recovery stage. I've been at this for about two days and can take any help that I can get. I've had this previously...
  5. How to access my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to access my desktop: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GermanKatze [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g99nrv/how_to_access_my_desktop/
  6. help with remote desktop camera access win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    help with remote desktop camera access win10: Hi, I have win10 home on my laptop. Laptop camera works fine. Setup privacy and policy as per web articles. Setup remote desktop to access camera. Also fiddled with firewalls on both sides. No matter what, when I rdp into my work computer WIN10 pro, the work...
  7. Remote Desktop second window not accessible (Help!)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop second window not accessible (Help!): This is one of the strangest things and it started on Monday (or at least that's when I first noticed it). When I try to remote into a machine and I give it the login name, normally it will pop up a window asking for the password. It's sort of doing that, but I can't see or...
  8. Remote Desktop second window not accessible (Help!)

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Desktop second window not accessible (Help!): This is one of the strangest things and it started on Monday (or at least that's when I first noticed it). When I try to remote into a machine and I give it the login name, normally it will pop up a window asking for the password. It's sort of doing that, but I can't see or...
  9. HELP!! My desktop is Cluttered!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    HELP!! My desktop is Cluttered!!!: Somehow all my pictures multiplied and are on my desktop (so cluttered!!)...How do I delete my desktop icons when right clicking isnt working? I did system restore and they are still there! I tried right clicking on them but nothing happens I think because its do cluttered...
  10. Desktop is not accessible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop is not accessible: Hi, My laptop updated yesterday. Then today when I tried to use it, I only see a blacl screen and this message: "Location is not available C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Desktop access icons denied