Windows 10: My Desktop is now called Temporary Burn Folder

Discus and support My Desktop is now called Temporary Burn Folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was looking for some files on my computer when I noticed that the Desktop folder is called Temporary Burn Folder. I don't know why it's called that.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Miguel_R64, Jul 31, 2019.

1. My Desktop is now called Temporary Burn Folder

I was looking for some files on my computer when I noticed that the Desktop folder is called Temporary Burn Folder. I don't know why it's called that. My Desktop is now called Temporary Burn Folder 41b138cd-bc53-4277-a0f6-111d625c5b82?upload=true.png

:)

Miguel_R64, Jul 31, 2019

2. Is it safe to delete "temporary burn folders

Temporary Folders are a directory for holding Temporary Files.

Temporary Burn Folders is a standard feature of Windows 7.

It only shows up if you have files waiting to be written to a CD/DVD.

Windows usually cleans out Temporary Files after a period of time or on re-boot.

I would be wary of deleting these Temp Burn Folders if you are storing these films / movies on your computer just for viewing.

Try put one onto a USB storage device and then Delete only that one out of your Temporary Burn Folder.

Can you still access that one afterwards.

If you can then it should be safe to delete these.

A way to get rid of these is :

1. 1 : Click Start , type "Shell:CD burning" in the search box, and press Enter.
    2. 2 : Right click on the files in the Burn folder and select Delete.
    3. 3 : In the confirmation window, click Yes
    4. Does that help?

Frank N St31n, Jul 31, 2019
  3. gpvw7 Win User
    Is it safe to delete "temporary burn folders

In searching for really big files on my computer to free up some space, I've discovered that I have a lot of fat files called "temporary burn folders". They are nested in one of my regular document folders labeled \temporary burn folder\temporary burn folder\
    which seems strange. I need to know whether I can just delete all of them without losing the films that they seem to have been temporary folders for. They are films that I either copied onto my computer from a dvd (not copyright, no protection) or downloaded
    from a friend's dropbox account. I am not running into any pop-up messages relating to having something to burn - I didn't even know these were there until I listed my large files.

Any advice would be appreciated!

G.

gpvw7, Jul 31, 2019
  4. AgedNerd Win User

My Desktop is now called Temporary Burn Folder

Windows [10] explorer showing results in Temporary Burn Folder

Doing a search of a directory of photos now suddenly results are showing up that list my pictures as located in folder "Temporary Burn Folder". They aren't in that folder.

One suggestion I found was to open the Run Box {<Windows><R>} and type

shell:cd burning

I did that. It took me to a "burning" directory with three empty subfolders, all showing the same folder name: "Temporary Burn Folder"

I deleted them. None of my files showing up in the search as being in the "Temporary Burn Folder" disappeared.

So, then, I re-ran the search, and the folders are still showing up as being in the "Temporary Burn Folder" which seems to no longer exist.

This is a new problem.

My question is "How do I stop having Windows Explorer file searches erroneously report files to be in a phantom folder called 'Temporary Burn Folder'?"

Bonus question: why is this suddenly happening to me? When I googled "Temporary Burn Folder" I got hits related to having files readied to be burned onto a CD, but I do not want, and have never done anything intentionally, to identify these files as ones
    I want to be burned onto a CD.

P.s. When I now type "shell:cd burning" into the Run Box, I get the following error message:

shell:cd burning

Windows cannot find 'shell:cd burning'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.

The empty folder C:\Users\{me}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn still exists. I recreated a subfolder "Temporary Burn Folder" but still got the same error message.

P.p.s.

AgedNerd, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

My Desktop is now called Temporary Burn Folder

1. My Desktop is now called Temporary Burn Folder - Similar Threads - Desktop called Temporary

2. temporary files folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    temporary files folder: Hello, I am trying to free up some space on my C drive and I saw that I have 28GB of updates in my temporary files folder attached screenshot. How can I delete these files and is it safe to do so? Thank you in advance....
  3. Desktop Folder Called Downloads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Folder Called Downloads: Hello People,I have a problem, Earlier in the year I was messing around with folders and accidentally made both of my folders called "Downloads". I have tried regedit, Command Prompt, etc. Can someone please help me? It's been bothering me for a long time and I think it's...
  4. Desktop Folder Called Downloads

Desktop Folder Called Downloads: Hello People,I have a problem, Earlier in the year I was messing around with folders and accidentally made both of my folders called "Downloads". I have tried regedit, Command Prompt, etc. Can someone please help me? It's been bothering me for a long time and I think it's...
  5. Desktop Folder Called Downloads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Temporary Desktop Restoration

Temporary Desktop Restoration: Okay folks, I'm freaking out here. I got my laptop back from a battery replacement, let it charge to full, turned it on. My desktop wasn't there, but all my files were buried in the Desktop option in File Explorer. I just figured something strange had happened again, because...
  7. Temporary Desktop Restoration

Temporary Desktop Restoration: Okay folks, I'm freaking out here. I got my laptop back from a battery replacement, let it charge to full, turned it on. My desktop wasn't there, but all my files were buried in the Desktop option in File Explorer. I just figured something strange had happened again, because...
  8. Why is a folder called "installers" showing up on my desktop?

Why is a folder called "installers" showing up on my desktop?: Hello,Tonight I noticed that there is a folder on my desktop called "installers". I didn't put it there.Does anyone know why it appeared there, and/or what I should do with it? Do I need to put it back somewhere? If so, where? How did it get on my desktop?Thanks in advance!...
  9. Windows [10] explorer showing results in Temporary Burn Folder

Windows [10] explorer showing results in Temporary Burn Folder: Doing a search of a directory of photos now suddenly results are showing up that list my pictures as located in folder "Temporary Burn Folder". They aren't in that folder. One suggestion I found was to open the Run Box {<Windows><R>} and type shell:cd...
  10. Unexpected folder called updated that is an exact copy of my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected folder called updated that is an exact copy of my desktop: Hi, My hard drive was unexpectedly full one day. I downloaded Wiztree to analyse what was using up all the space and there was a folder in my user account called "updated" that was pretty mush an exact copy of my desktop. After taking some advice I renamed the folder to see...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is desktop now temporary burn folder