Windows 10: My desktop is running Windows 7. How can I upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support My desktop is running Windows 7. How can I upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a desktop running Windows 7 Professional Service pack 1. Processor is an AMD A6-6420k.Ram 8GB HDD 232GB.Is this powerful enough to run Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jim Stevenson1, Jan 25, 2023.

1. My desktop is running Windows 7. How can I upgrade to Windows 10

I have a desktop running Windows 7 Professional Service pack 1. Processor is an AMD A6-6420k.Ram 8GB HDD 232GB.Is this powerful enough to run Windows 10 and if so, how do I go about upgrading.Thanks

:)

Jim Stevenson1, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 25, 2023
  3. btarunr Win User
    Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

In what could be a fundamental shift in how Microsoft monetizes its flagship product, the Windows operating system, the company decided to offer its upcoming Windows 10 as a free upgrade for existing users of Windows 8.1 and Windows 7. This offer will be applicable only for the first year following Windows 10 launch (after which, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 users will have to pay to upgrade to Windows 10). Windows 10 will see the return of the Start Menu, a productive Desktop environment, and cutting-edge new API features such as DirectX 12.

My desktop is running Windows 7. How can I upgrade to Windows 10 116a_thm.jpg

Source: The Verge

btarunr, Jan 25, 2023
  4. My desktop is running Windows 7. How can I upgrade to Windows 10

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

My desktop is running Windows 7. How can I upgrade to Windows 10

1. My desktop is running Windows 7. How can I upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - desktop running upgrade

2. How can I upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10?: I have tried to update my computer several times and I keep getting an error message. I've also tried going onto Microsoft to download the newest Windows version and no luck. What can I do in this situation?...
  3. How can I upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10?: I have tried to update my computer several times and I keep getting an error message. I've also tried going onto Microsoft to download the newest Windows version and no luck. What can I do in this situation?...
  4. How can I upgrade my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How can i upgrade my windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i upgrade my windows 7: Have been trying to upgrade the version of my windows but to no avail is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-upgrade-my-windows-7/a549e1c5-a635-4da7-8769-efaa18c559a9
  6. How can i upgrade my windows 7

How can i upgrade my windows 7: Have been trying to upgrade the version of my windows but to no avail is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-upgrade-my-windows-7/a549e1c5-a635-4da7-8769-efaa18c559a9
  7. My desktop is running Windows 7. How can I upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop is running Windows 7. How can I upgrade to Windows 10: I have a desktop running Windows 7 Professional Service pack 1. Processor is an AMD A6-6420k.Ram 8GB HDD 232GB.Is this powerful enough to run Windows 10 and if so, how do I go about upgrading.Thanks...
  8. please how can i upgrade window 7 to window 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    please how can i upgrade window 7 to window 10: please how can i upgrade window 7 to window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-how-can-i-upgrade-window-7-to-window-10/480b3089-8541-4255-a657-c6f3d16e5f61
  9. please how can i upgrade window 7 to window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please how can i upgrade window 7 to window 10: please how can i upgrade window 7 to window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-how-can-i-upgrade-window-7-to-window-10/480b3089-8541-4255-a657-c6f3d16e5f61
  10. please how can i upgrade window 7 to window 10