Windows 10: My desktop is Windows 8.1 with 4gb & 64 bit. Looking online I am having problems locating...

Discus and support My desktop is Windows 8.1 with 4gb & 64 bit. Looking online I am having problems locating... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello - First, can I upgrade my Dell Desktop now using Windows 8.1, 4gb / 64 bit machine to Windows 10? My MS note sent to me states MS will no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam ziviello, Dec 2, 2022.

1. My desktop is Windows 8.1 with 4gb & 64 bit. Looking online I am having problems locating...

Hello - First, can I upgrade my Dell Desktop now using Windows 8.1, 4gb / 64 bit machine to Windows 10? My MS note sent to me states MS will no longer provide security updates, etc after Mid-January. I am not a savvy PC expert so a question is > Would my desktop be secure with my Norton Security Suite which is loaded on my desktop.Thank you....

:)

sam ziviello, Dec 2, 2022

2. With 4GB RAM, i should install 32-bit or 64-bit OS

this is my desktop

My desktop is Windows 8.1 with 4gb & 64 bit. Looking online I am having problems locating... [​IMG]

present i install 64-bit but I need suggestions of people.

vinh9911176, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Mussels Win User
    Why 64 bit software looks slowly enter the market

unless a program needs to address more than 4GB of ram, 64 bit isnt needed.

to give you an understanding of how progress IS being made, the following short steps:

32 bit app in 32 bit windows = 2GB address space, maximum.
    32 bit app in 64 bit windows = 4GB max.
    64 bit in 64 bit windows = some ungodly number in the terabyte range.

the shift to 64 bit OS's has helped us double how much ram is available to modern programs, but until 4GB per program is common (meaning, the average prebuilt PC has more like 16-32GB of ram minimum) then 64 bit apps will be rare.

games should have taken off with 64 bit, but they havent thanks to the consoles. (this is sarcasm. they're holding us back)

Mussels, Dec 3, 2022
  4. My desktop is Windows 8.1 with 4gb & 64 bit. Looking online I am having problems locating...

Wifi Disconnection Issues - Windows 10 Home Premium 64-Bit

Let me clarify. Dell DOES NOT HAVE 64 Bit drivers, so your suggestion will not work for me. Dell has 32 bit drivers which they claim will work on 64 bit machines.

Also, when the Win 10 upgrade is finished, I have no internet access (e.g. Ethernet or WIF).

To confirm your instructions, here's the order of operation

1)download 64 bit drivers. Save to location such as desktop.

2)Upgrade to Win10 (while I still have internet connectivity)

3)At Win 10 desktop (no internet connectivity), deinstall WIFI driver

4)At Win 10 desktop, using COMPATIBILITY MODE, install drivers (saved to desktop in step 1).

This should restore my connection to the internet and allow me to complete the WIN10 install?

LeslieSchumacher, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

My desktop is Windows 8.1 with 4gb & 64 bit. Looking online I am having problems locating...

1. My desktop is Windows 8.1 with 4gb & 64 bit. Looking online I am having problems locating... - Similar Threads - desktop 4gb bit

2. My desktop is Windows 8.1 with 4gb & 64 bit. Looking online I am having problems locating...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop is Windows 8.1 with 4gb & 64 bit. Looking online I am having problems locating...: Hello - First, can I upgrade my Dell Desktop now using Windows 8.1, 4gb / 64 bit machine to Windows 10? My MS note sent to me states MS will no longer provide security updates, etc after Mid-January. I am not a savvy PC expert so a question is > Would my desktop be secure...
  3. My desktop is Windows 8.1 with 4gb & 64 bit. Looking online I am having problems locating...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My desktop is Windows 8.1 with 4gb & 64 bit. Looking online I am having problems locating...: Hello - First, can I upgrade my Dell Desktop now using Windows 8.1, 4gb / 64 bit machine to Windows 10? My MS note sent to me states MS will no longer provide security updates, etc after Mid-January. I am not a savvy PC expert so a question is > Would my desktop be secure...
  4. 32 bit to 64 bit problem

32 bit to 64 bit problem: So it has been a week since i tried upgrading my windows 10 pc 32 bit to 64 bits.And when i get the setup and try to run it,it says “This app cant run on your pc” My pc is x64 bits compatible but it wont work out pls help...
  5. I am on Windows 10 64 bit of it helps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am on Windows 10 64 bit of it helps: submitted by /u/KLolisTsiros [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kax597/i_am_on_windows_10_64_bit_of_it_helps/
  6. Upgrading linx vision 8 to 64 bit

Upgrading linx vision 8 to 64 bit: Hi all so basically I just was to upgrade my linx vision 32 bit tablet to the 64 version I've downloaded the 64 bit but it still won't let me install it on the tablet. Does anyone know if it's even possible to to do? my son only brought it to play games from the xbox but its...
  7. Windows 10 Home 64 bit only recognizes 4GB of RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit only recognizes 4GB of RAM: Hello, I have the folowing problem: I did a clean install of Windows 10 Home 64Bits but now i see in system info that there is only 3.95 GB of 8GB available. When i looked into the taskmanager, in the tab 'memory' i see hardware reserved: 4.1GB. I called Microsoft Belgium...
  8. Windows 10 64 Bit only 4GB Ram Usable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 64 Bit only 4GB Ram Usable?: Hi, Did a clean install of Windows 10 in 64 Bit and now on my properties it only says 4GB of Ram are usable instead of the full 8GB. (Pic Attached) I had never seen this before and I did have Win10 installed after upgrading from 8. Decided to do a clean install because...
  9. With 4GB RAM, i should install 32-bit or 64-bit OS

With 4GB RAM, i should install 32-bit or 64-bit OS: this is my desktop [img] present i install 64-bit but I need suggestions of people. 8340
  10. 32-bit or 64-bit and 8 or 10 with current specifications

32-bit or 64-bit and 8 or 10 with current specifications: Hi, I am thinking about upgrading my laptop, from my windows 7 Professional 64-bit to either 8 or 10, can't decide which, and 32-bit or 64 bit. To sum it up, I have a 2.40Ghz Intel 2duo 2core processor, 4gb DDR3 ram, and directx11 Mobile Intel 4 express chipset gpu, here's...