Windows 10: My desktop link icons just turned tiny

Discus and support My desktop link icons just turned tiny in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get back to medium sized icons on my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KateLacy, Sep 14, 2018.

1. KateLacy Win User

My desktop link icons just turned tiny

How do I get back to medium sized icons on my desktop

:)

KateLacy, Sep 14, 2018

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 14, 2018
  4. techguy31 Win User

Desktop Icon Keeps On Moving

I see. I was using a 23" monitor before and the highest resolution was below 1080p so I guess windows remembers that monitors resolution right? I have tried de.das.dude suggestion, but everytime I turn off the computer after arranging the icons it goes back to misarranging the icons.

techguy31, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. My desktop link icons just turned tiny - Similar Threads - desktop link icons

2. desktop icon losing link to programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icon losing link to programs.: Have 2 new Desktop PC's - less than 6mths old. One is Intel, other is AMD. They both run on the same network.Having problem with desktop icons losing their connection to the program they are linked to, specifically the roblox player.I create the icon on one PC and it...
  3. desktop icon losing link to programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icon losing link to programs.: Have 2 new Desktop PC's - less than 6mths old. One is Intel, other is AMD. They both run on the same network.Having problem with desktop icons losing their connection to the program they are linked to, specifically the roblox player.I create the icon on one PC and it...
  4. Tiny, Tiny Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiny, Tiny Text: Hi. I'm running Windows 10, the newest iteration. All of a sudden yesterday a lot of text was so small I could barely read it. Web pages are ok except for Firefox new page text under the most used and sponsored links. Task bar and task tray apps are small when you right...
  5. Unknown tiny window on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unknown tiny window on desktop: Hi all, hoping someone has seen this before. I am running win10 version 20H2 build 19042.867 on a two week old freshly built pc. Today I noticed a small off-color rectangle near the top left of the screen (Pictures 1 and 2). Mousing over it lets you resize it to reveal a tiny...
  6. Icons on start menu are tiny

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Icons on start menu are tiny: [ATTACH] You can see the start menu icons are small on the taskbar they are oversized any help would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-on-start-menu-are-tiny/4e90f316-cb46-4bfb-8d3d-e09c9855501b
  7. Got some tiny weird Icon on my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Got some tiny weird Icon on my desktop: Hi, I got very tiny weird ICON on my desktop. When I tired to click on it nothing happened, but it vanished once i closed my excel sheet and few other documents. I tried to regenerate the issue, but of no luck. I just want to know what is that....
  8. My desktop Icons turned invisible Need Help

My desktop Icons turned invisible Need Help: I've looked this up and none of the things i've tried have helped so i'm asking here in hope that someone can help me fix this. I will include a picture of what it looks like so that maybe someone can help me. Thanks [ATTACH]...
  9. DESKTOP ICONS HAVE 2 TINY PEOPLE IMAGE IN LOWER LEFT!

DESKTOP ICONS HAVE 2 TINY PEOPLE IMAGE IN LOWER LEFT!: all my shortcut icons on the desktop on my LENOVO yoga 730 laptop - have 2 tiny people in the lower left corner of the icon- why is this shown that way and how to remove it and just show the icon without the 2 tiny people! thanks...
  10. Tiny icons in Start screen tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Tiny icons in Start screen tiles: I was trying to figure out why the Start screen looked odd--and then I noticed the app icons in the tiles are about 1/3 the size they were in Windows 8, so you've got (for example), a tiny W for Word in Windows 10 vs a more visible W in Windows 8.1. Only appears to apply to...