Windows 10: My desktop location replaced the personal user's folder in Windows 10...

Discus and support My desktop location replaced the personal user's folder in Windows 10... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Once, I was trying to change the path of my desktop folder, and because of foolishness ... I typed in the new path of the desktop as:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/majd-haj-hmedy, Jan 20, 2021.

1. My desktop location replaced the personal user's folder in Windows 10...

My desktop location replaced the personal user's folder in Windows 10... uk3fV_wImLmN_c52hCZKMXDDQryVnxhgCyTWNDbZSIY.jpg

Once, I was trying to change the path of my desktop folder, and because of foolishness ... I typed in the new path of the desktop as:

C:\users\Majd Haj Hmedy

It had to be:

C:\users\Majd Haj Hmedy\Desktop

and that path will replace the desktop path folder with the personal user's folder, and here's the DISASTER...!

now all of the documents, photos, downloads, videos,...etc are contained in the desktop

and I can't even restore my previous path as the screenshots below...

so.., does anyone have any idea of solving this issue...

again sorry if had any English wrongs, cause my native language isn't English

https://preview.redd.it/7ev3v7v9kjc...bp&s=71509c8ee119a0048eaa68b1d664c7b1c2f79a64

https://preview.redd.it/dp2dbnv9kjc...bp&s=4570d15f74d81a90e73db25552b233ff7edf011d

https://preview.redd.it/i3ldbov9kjc...bp&s=9df37d02e34f3c5055a19c2ed8b7ca3c4783c385

https://preview.redd.it/oqj8tlv9kjc...bp&s=1c987ec7827eef836ade5249935006fb0c45e119

By the way, I'm running Windows 10 version 2004 if that is helpful or makes any sense about solving the issue out...

submitted by /u/majd-haj-hmedy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/majd-haj-hmedy, Jan 20, 2021
  2. Nicrite Win User

Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jan 20, 2021
  3. idgat Win User
    Location Tab Missing from Almost All Folders

I assume your referring to the Location tab in the Properties of user folders .... Documents, Desktop, Downloads, Pictures, etc

If the tab is missing, it would suggest you're not looking at/accessing the actual user system folder, but simply folders that have the same name(s).

Do the folder listing(s) in Windows/File Explorer have the user system icon, or are they just plain common everyday folder icons?

Try restoring the icons to their default location C:\Users\username\

Note : "Restoring" doesn't mean simply copy/move > paste. The registry has to be adjusted accordingly. This forum has steps to do just that ...
    Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10

Looking at this part, and having second thooughts ...

Yo don't "create" user system folders, you have to re-locate them from the original system location (as indicated above).

But if you're referring to everyday-usage user-created personal folders ..... they don't have a Location tab.

idgat, Jan 20, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

My desktop location replaced the personal user's folder in Windows 10...

Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10  

If not the best way to do that but at least the way I recommend:

• "Empty" your user profile folders as much as you can, copying documents, pics, videos, music and all other personal data from all user profiles to external HDD. As following steps require you to relocate Users folder two times, the less data is left in user profile folders, the faster the relocation process. Important: Leave system folder AppData for each profile intact, do not empty / move its content!
    • Reverse the relocating, doing exactly as told in tutorial Method Two but this time relocating Users folder back to C: drive
    • Shut down the PC, replace the disk where you had Users relocated
    • Mount the new disk, boot to Windows, assign new disk the same drive ID letter than the old one had
    • Again, do as told in Method Two, now relocating Users to new disk
    • Restore the backed up personal user data from external drive to respective folders under each user profile

Thema:

My desktop location replaced the personal user's folder in Windows 10...

1. My desktop location replaced the personal user's folder in Windows 10... - Similar Threads - desktop location replaced

2. Trying to change the location of Users folder or my personal user folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to change the location of Users folder or my personal user folder: I am having an issue which is: by default, the user file location should be: C:\Users\<username>, but mine is C:\Users\Users\<username>.It's very annoying and I really want to fix it by moving the user folder or Users folder....
  3. Trying to change the location of Users folder or my personal user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to change the location of Users folder or my personal user folder: I am having an issue which is: by default, the user file location should be: C:\Users\<username>, but mine is C:\Users\Users\<username>.It's very annoying and I really want to fix it by moving the user folder or Users folder....
  4. Trying to change the location of Users folder or my personal user folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Replaced One of my users with Desktop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Replaced One of my users with Desktop.: I was originally trying to change my user to another drive because I wanted it on my D drive instead of C and I somehow replaced my user with desktop but it is still inside the user folder. I am also having issues with my windows key not doing what it is supposed to do now...
  6. Folder Location of second desktop in Window 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder Location of second desktop in Window 10: I have a personal Onedrive folder mapped to my main desktop, that way I can access files from anywhere. If I create a second desktop in W10, can I map to a different folder...say my work desktop that's mapped to a folder Onedrive for Business folder....
  7. User Folder - Move Location drive replacement

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User Folder - Move Location drive replacement: I used the tutorial to move my user folders to a spare, second drive in my laptop. Now I'm thinking about changing it from a spinner to an SSD and I'm wondering what steps I should be considering, before I make that swap, to preserve my user folders and migrate it to a second...
  8. Move Location of Desktop Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Location of Desktop Folder in Windows 10: How to: Move Location of Desktop Folder in Windows 10 How to Move Your Desktop Folder Location in Windows 10 The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an actual desk, it serves as a surface for...
  9. Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10: How to: Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10 How to Restore Default Location of Your Personal Folders in Windows 10 You can change the location of the folders in your personal folder (such as Documents and Pictures) by redirecting them. For example,...
  10. Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10: How to: Move Users Folder Location in Windows 10 How to Move Users Folder to another Location in Windows 10 [img] Information The method described in this tutorial allows relocating Windows 10 main profile folder Users including all present and future user profiles...