Windows 10: My desktop & log-in information is displaying on my wife's computer

Discus and support My desktop & log-in information is displaying on my wife's computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I recently purchased two computers with Windows 10 for both me and my wife. I got my system up and running, and I stated to get my wife's up and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Ric Fairbanks, May 7, 2020.

1. My desktop & log-in information is displaying on my wife's computer

I recently purchased two computers with Windows 10 for both me and my wife. I got my system up and running, and I stated to get my wife's up and running with I noticed my desktop information was on her computer, and my email and last open documents recent opened files were also being displayed on her computer. How is this possible? and how do I make sure her desktop is hers and my desktop stays separate from hers? I did purchase Office 365 for Family use, but when I installed it I didn't know it shares everything, including my official work documents which I need to ensure client's privacy. Please advise. Ric

:)

Ric Fairbanks, May 7, 2020

2. Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, May 7, 2020
  3. Windows mail app opens for me but not my wife on the same computer?

Hi Max,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As Mail and Calendar app are not accessible for your wife account, I suggest you to log-in with the wife account and try the below steps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows
      key, type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Windows Store Apps.

• Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

If the issue still persist then try the below,

Method 2:

You may uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows
      key, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and Calendar app.

• get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Mail and Calendar app from the Windows store.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 7, 2020
  4. My desktop & log-in information is displaying on my wife's computer

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, May 7, 2020
Thema:

My desktop & log-in information is displaying on my wife's computer

1. My desktop & log-in information is displaying on my wife's computer - Similar Threads - desktop log information

2. My wife logged in to her Microsoft account, now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wife logged in to her Microsoft account, now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are...: My PC is running Windows 11. On my PC my wife logged in to her Microsoft account to update a payment credit card. Now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are requested. She appears to be now the Administrator of my PC. How do I rectify this?...
  3. My wife logged in to her Microsoft account, now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wife logged in to her Microsoft account, now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are...: My PC is running Windows 11. On my PC my wife logged in to her Microsoft account to update a payment credit card. Now to get into my PC my wife's credentials are requested. She appears to be now the Administrator of my PC. How do I rectify this?...
  4. Getting BSOD often on my wifes computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting BSOD often on my wifes computer: The most recent error was this: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000001c6 0x000000000000000f, 0xffffa201a41f9690, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\041721-9781-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  5. I logged into my Microsoft account on my wife's computer, now Microsoft hijacked Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    I logged into my Microsoft account on my wife's computer, now Microsoft hijacked Windows: I installed an app from the Microsoft store on my wife's computer. It required a Microsoft login to do that, so I used mine. Well, it applied that account to everything in Windows and now my wife's computer has my computer's wallpaper, taskbar theme, and I still haven't found...
  6. Computer System Information not displaying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer System Information not displaying: After this recent new windows update, I cannot see my Window 10 system information as it used to show in this way. I have try many method by following this tutorial but still now luck. Please try in your pc after this new update. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlwGDNBA_1U...
  7. How to Change My User Information on my Wife's Computer Without Affecting My Computer

How to Change My User Information on my Wife's Computer Without Affecting My Computer: My wife’s computer’s hard drive was wiped clean while servicing Geek Squad but Microsoft Office was NOT reinstalled. Her User Name was npepsilight.com and her email addresses are*** Email address is removed for privacy *** and*** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I...
  8. My computer controls my wife's screensaver

My computer controls my wife's screensaver: I changed my screensaver, and soon after the screensaver on my wife's computer changed as well. Any ideas as to why? It didn't used to do that! Hers is a Dell running Window's 10, while mine was custom built by a local shop, also running Window's 10. Thoughts? Thanks!...
  9. Add my wife to use this computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Add my wife to use this computer.: I accidentally entered my wife's email as administrator when I was trying to add her to use this computer. How can I change it back to myself and grant her access to this computer?...
  10. This change to my computer affect my Wife's computer.

This change to my computer affect my Wife's computer.: When I setup a screensaver slideshow on my Win 10 computer it also sets itself up on my wife's Win 10 machine. How do I stop this? Is this something to do with a network setting that I don't want or need? Thanks 39486