Windows 10: My Desktop PC is locking itself every 1-2 mins

Discus and support My Desktop PC is locking itself every 1-2 mins in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know why but in the last 2 days my PC has been repeatedly locking itself like I have some sleep or hibernate function on. I have every single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BlackTestament7, Oct 21, 2020.

1. My Desktop PC is locking itself every 1-2 mins

I don't know why but in the last 2 days my PC has been repeatedly locking itself like I have some sleep or hibernate function on. I have every single one of them turned off. I even went into the registry to find a hidden one and turned that one off. It's still doing this and I don't have a single setting telling me why. What is going on and why did this start happening?

:)

BlackTestament7, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Freeze69 Win User

Why does my Win10 display always go into lock screen after 1-2 mins?

I have tried all setting modes. Changed to 5 mins, 10, mins, and even tried never. also did the change reg suggestion.

many reboots, and changes, my laptop still goes to lock screen after 1-2 minutes. Please help!

Freeze69, Oct 21, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 21, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

My Desktop PC is locking itself every 1-2 mins

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

My Desktop PC is locking itself every 1-2 mins

1. My Desktop PC is locking itself every 1-2 mins - Similar Threads - Desktop locking itself

2. Unable to change the screensaver time. It reset itself automatically to 1 min every time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change the screensaver time. It reset itself automatically to 1 min every time.: My PC info : OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Enterprise Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 System Manufacturer Dell Inc. System Model Latitude 7490 System Type x64-based PCDoes anyone ever had something similar ?...
  3. Unable to change the screensaver time. It reset itself automatically to 1 min every time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to change the screensaver time. It reset itself automatically to 1 min every time.: My PC info : OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Enterprise Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000 System Manufacturer Dell Inc. System Model Latitude 7490 System Type x64-based PCDoes anyone ever had something similar ?...
  4. Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins: Currently i am using an updated version of windows 10.My pc gets inactivated after every 2 mins.Then to restore it i need to move my cursor.This redirects me to the screen saver page....
  5. Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins: Currently i am using an updated version of windows 10.My pc gets inactivated after every 2 mins.Then to restore it i need to move my cursor.This redirects me to the screen saver page....
  6. Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Black Screen for 1 min every startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen for 1 min every startup: I have had this issue for quite some time now and no matter where i check, i cannot find a solution to my problem. every time I start my PC, the MSI logo comes up, then disappears like normal, but then i have a black screen for approximately a minute before i can see my lock...
  8. Desktop sets itself to Sleep randomly every 1 to 2 weeks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop sets itself to Sleep randomly every 1 to 2 weeks: A few months ago (Sept-Oct 2018) ... Every 1 to 2 weeks (random) my desktop sets itself to sleep in (1 Minute), even though I set it to (NEVER) sleep. I can see this in the Settings>System>Power & Sleep. The Screen setting is (Never) and so is the Sleep stetting (Never)....
  9. Restarting itself every 2 mins. of using

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarting itself every 2 mins. of using: I am using HP Notebook and a register windows insider preview. So, I always receive new update. After downloading the new version of windows last april I receive again a new version and that is pre release product review but because of slow connection I stop and didn't...
  10. Black Screen for 1 min every startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen for 1 min every startup: New PC (check my specs) that has a problem. From the first start up I always get a Black screen that lasts just over 1 minute. Then the screen starts with the Welcome Screen. Then everything is OK (some times - another post will follow). I have UEFI which I know nothing...