Windows 10: My desktop pc is very slow to start up since Christmas and the latest updates.

Discus and support My desktop pc is very slow to start up since Christmas and the latest updates. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the updated from Christmas 2020 onwards my desktop pc has had loads of problems. It is slow to boot or enters the repair loop for no reason. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by susieone, Feb 22, 2021.

1. susieone Win User

My desktop pc is very slow to start up since Christmas and the latest updates.

Since the updated from Christmas 2020 onwards my desktop pc has had loads of problems. It is slow to boot or enters the repair loop for no reason.

It will work fine for a while then freeze and I have to reset which in turn causes issues.

I have tried various fixes suggested on Microsoft, I`m ok a little with tech and can usually figure out small problems and sort them.

This is beyond me and I`m ready to launch my tower through the window.

I have restored to an earlier point but it is still not running properly.

I have enough Memory 8GB Ram a Quad core processor

64bit OS and 500GB HD storage with over 300GB free space. if that's any help.

:)

susieone, Feb 22, 2021

2. LATEST UPDATES SLOWED MY PC

Latest updates (August and September) have slowed down my PC.

• Apps works slowly - have slow startup.
    • Groove Music works slowly and crashes - have slow startup, slow response and crashes.
    • File Explorer works slowly - doesn't display folders, just green progress bar and "Working on it".
    • File migration (cut/copy/paste) works slowly - when you copy some amount of files, it needs more time than before and process simply slows down or stops.
    So, the problem arose from the latest updates. And I'm not only one who have this problems.

LazarKING93, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Karen Her Win User

pc running slow on windows 10 1709

Hi,

This issue could occur due to outdated or corrupted system files or drivers or third-party conflicts. We suggest you to make sure that you have the latest updates for Windows and drivers. To check for updates, you can follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, then go to Settings.
    • Choose Update & security, and select Windows Update.
    • Click on Check for updates.

If issue persists, we recommend you to follow the troubleshooting steps indicated in this article:
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. My desktop pc is very slow to start up since Christmas and the latest updates. - Similar Threads - desktop very slow

2. Windows 10 desktop start up very slow and intermittent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 desktop start up very slow and intermittent: About a week ago my PC start up suddenly became very sluggish. I conducted the 'sfc scannow' check on the Windows files and some corruption was found and corrected, but it has made no difference. I tried booting from a USB with windows repair on it and that worked, but I want...
  3. My new PC starts up very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new PC starts up very slow.: Hello. My name is Lukas and i would like to get some help with my brand new PC...Every time I start my computer, it loads much slower than it usually does. When I have logged in to the computer and after it has been loading for a while, my icons do not appear on my desktop....
  4. Slow start up since April update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slow start up since April update.: Windows 10 Home version 2004 Since installing the large April update start up has become very slow. Takes a while after entering pass code and when it does eventually icons on right side of taskbar are not there and you have to wait for them. 157456
  5. Very slow start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow start up: I installed Microsoft Teams but couldn't get going with it so uninstalled it. Now, when I power up it takes 10 minutes with the CPU light permanently on and a message saying re-enter my login details. Clicking ok does nothing but CtrlAltDel eventually releases the screen...
  6. Very slow start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very slow start up: I installed Microsoft Teams but couldn't get going with it so uninstalled it. Now, when I power up it takes 10 minutes with the CPU light permanently on and a message saying re-enter my login details. Clicking ok does nothing but CtrlAltDel eventually releases the screen...
  7. A very slow start-up

A very slow start-up: Hi, The booting is long(more than 5 Minuit) and resetting Windows didn't correct the problem. I appreciate if someone could help me. With my best regards. Shams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-very-slow-start-up/e7dea95b-2283-479c-b75e-888ca2a24800
  8. Very slow start up

Very slow start up: Could some please check this and see if there is anything I can uncheck that will help speedup bootup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-start-up/127f2e9a-8e6f-4748-b93f-9e36a3ced0af
  9. Very slow start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Very slow start up: Hi, my laptop is really slow to start up yet the system shows plenty of memory available. I've cleared temp files. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-start-up/6fedcb5c-0020-4648-bff7-5c876ea79f8b
  10. PC very slow since windows update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC very slow since windows update: Hi Guys, I am running Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit on an HP TouchSmart 610-1280qd. I have 16 gig of memory. It is running extremely slow. All programs, including Chrome, are taking 5 or 6 times longer to load. I have checked everything I can think of. I ran Disc Cleanup. I ran...