Windows 10: My desktop PC thinks it's a laptop

Discus and support My desktop PC thinks it's a laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When going to "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers" my computer registers as a Notebook, even though it's clearly not. What gives?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gnash, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Gnash Win User

My desktop PC thinks it's a laptop

When going to "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers" my computer registers as a Notebook, even though it's clearly not. What gives?

My desktop PC thinks it's a laptop f36d9283-c254-4d70-baaa-5950d50270ac?upload=true.jpg

:)

Gnash, Dec 8, 2019
  2. karyeowl Win User

Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Dec 8, 2019
  3. jdz7t8 Win User
    Buying a new laptop or desktop for gaming [help]

I want to buy either a new laptop or a new desktop for gaming. I want to run games smoothly and maybe even use it for some ps2 emulation. Could someone suggest either a laptop or desktop? I heard Alienware is expensive and over-rated. I was also told Sager laptops are good for gaming. I have about $1000-$1500 to spend on a new machine. Initially I was going to get a laptop but it seems like I would be able to get a more powerful desktop for the same price or less. Please advise. Please suggest a model/brand [desktop/laptop] that I could purchase because I don't think I know enough about computers to build one from scratch.

jdz7t8, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

1. My desktop PC thinks it's a laptop - Similar Threads - desktop thinks laptop

2. Windows 11 on my laptop thinks it’s a desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on my laptop thinks it’s a desktop: HiRecently I had a problem with windows 10 on my 2 in 1 laptopI always use the laptop as a tablet. I rotate the screen and use the laptop flat. The screen autorotates and the hidden keyboard opens when typing. All goodSomehow windows now thinks my laptop is a desktop and...
  3. Windows 11 on my laptop thinks it’s a desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on my laptop thinks it’s a desktop: HiRecently I had a problem with windows 10 on my 2 in 1 laptopI always use the laptop as a tablet. I rotate the screen and use the laptop flat. The screen autorotates and the hidden keyboard opens when typing. All goodSomehow windows now thinks my laptop is a desktop and...
  4. Windows 11 thinks my desktop is a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 thinks my desktop is a laptop: Hi,Windows 11 is convinced that my desktop computer is a laptop, and that it isn't plugged in. This prevents me from turning on HDR and other important performance features. How do I change things so it understands that it is a desktop and is always plugged in? Please let me...
  5. Windows 11 thinks my desktop is a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 thinks my desktop is a laptop: Hi,Windows 11 is convinced that my desktop computer is a laptop, and that it isn't plugged in. This prevents me from turning on HDR and other important performance features. How do I change things so it understands that it is a desktop and is always plugged in? Please let me...
  6. My desktop computer thinks it is a laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My desktop computer thinks it is a laptop.: I recently built a gaming computer and took an m.2 ssd from my broken gaming laptop and put it into the gaming computer for extra storage. When I turned on my gaming computer for the first time I had the same background and games installed from my broken laptop. But then I...
  7. Desktop thinks it's a laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop thinks it's a laptop: After a recent windows update, my desktop computer will not go to sleep. When I click on Power and Sleep settings it shows settings for a laptop. I do I resolve this?...
  8. Desktop that thinks it is a laptop!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Desktop that thinks it is a laptop!: Microsoft/Windows has changed My desktop into acting as a laptop with a battery. How can I change it back to normal? When it changed all of my back up points disappeared. Thanks for helping!...
  9. Help, i think my pc updated and my desktop is default.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, i think my pc updated and my desktop is default.: I turned on my pc normally, but when i put my password has appeard "Preparing your computer" and when it finished my pc desktop is default and with the message: "Not is possible enter in your account". What i do, plz help. submitted by /u/Daorise [link] [comments]...
  10. PC might think it's a laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC might think it's a laptop: So I recently built a new PC, and decided to reuse a hard drive from my dad's old dell laptop. When I installed windows (To a different drive) I noticed there were a lot of weird Dell partitions along with the drives I had installed. I formatted the reused drive, and deleted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my desktop thinks its a laptop windows 10

2. windows 10 thinks my laptop is a desktop

3. windows thinks my desktop is a laptop

4. windows thinks my computer is a laptop,
  5. windows 10 thinks my desktop is laptop,
  6. windows 10 thinks pc is laptop,
  7. my PC thinks it a laptop