Windows 10: My desktop reset's itself whenever I restart

Discus and support My desktop reset's itself whenever I restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My desktop reset's itself whenever I restart the wallpaper is changed to default all the files exept in my drive are deleted leaving the installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dhruv Singh Pawar, Aug 19, 2020.

1. My desktop reset's itself whenever I restart

My desktop reset's itself whenever I restart the wallpaper is changed to default all the files exept in my drive are deleted leaving the installed programs.

And now there is a new folder temp developed in my drive and all my downloaded files are saved in it.

I want you to help me

1. resolving the problem due to which desktop reset's

2. get rid of this temp folder

:)

Dhruv Singh Pawar, Aug 19, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Aug 19, 2020
  3. HELP 5870 Issues:CCC resets settings on restart, Partial desktop, Lock in 2D clocks!

I didn't understand! Are suggesting this as a prelude to re-installing the CCC again?
    If yes, it's the case of fresh windows installation which I already did..
    If no, removing CCC will result in the desktop switching to a horrible low rez (800x600) and there'll be no black border and no partial desktop!!
    I did try removing only the monitors' drivers, as I said in my first post (Step 3), but I guess It wasn't clear..Sorry! English is not my first language, you know!

4. MohanC Win User

My desktop reset's itself whenever I restart

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

My desktop reset's itself whenever I restart

1. My desktop reset's itself whenever I restart - Similar Threads - desktop reset's itself

2. Whenever I restart my PC, some of my settings are always reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I restart my PC, some of my settings are always reset.: Every time I restart or turn off my PC, some of my settings are always reset. So every time I have to go and turn them all back off and it's starting to annoy me. These settings are always reset when I do it:"Control your mouse with a keypad""Use Sticky Keys""Use toggle...
  3. Whenever I restart my PC, some of my settings are always reset.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Whenever I restart my PC, some of my settings are always reset.: Every time I restart or turn off my PC, some of my settings are always reset. So every time I have to go and turn them all back off and it's starting to annoy me. These settings are always reset when I do it:"Control your mouse with a keypad""Use Sticky Keys""Use toggle...
  4. Whenever I restart my PC, some of my settings are always reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. URGENT ,Whenever I restart my Windows It....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    URGENT ,Whenever I restart my Windows It....: My Microsoft Surface edge pro has this problem that whenever you restart,update or if the battery goes whenever you open it after these stuff there is a black screen with a white dot whereever you touch it how do I fix it or is it gone for good?...
  6. URGENT ,Whenever I restart my Windows It....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URGENT ,Whenever I restart my Windows It....: My Microsoft Surface edge pro has this problem that whenever you restart,update or if the battery goes whenever you open it after these stuff there is a black screen with a white dot whereever you touch it how do I fix it or is it gone for good?...
  7. URGENT ,Whenever I restart my Windows It....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Every time I Restart my Computer, the desktop resets itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Every time I Restart my Computer, the desktop resets itself: This is a problem that has been occurring to me for about 2 days now. I usually leave my computer on sleep mode so that it is easy to continue my work the following day. Yesterday, my computer hanged while i was doing my work and was not functioning at all. having no other...
  9. Start Menu resets itself every restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu resets itself every restart: I recently updated to the newest version of Windows (Build 1809) and ever since the update my Start Menu keeps resetting itself. EVERY piece of software listed shows New underneath it, even though none of my software is actually new. I have also (twice now) personalized my...
  10. Why is my desktop/computer resetting itself after restarting??

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is my desktop/computer resetting itself after restarting??: I tend to change things around sometimes (like pictures, icons) on my desktop and occasionally my computer freezes, usually during a game or something. Upon restarting, it seems like Windows reverts the desktop to what it looked like a couple of hours ago, before I had...