Windows 10: My desktop running windows 10 upgraded free from windows 7 long time ago recently updated...

Discus and support My desktop running windows 10 upgraded free from windows 7 long time ago recently updated... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; my desktop has windows 10 which was upgraded for free from windows 7. everything was working fine, until around 10 days ago or so, my windows ran some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by amitvyas1976, Sep 13, 2020.

1. My desktop running windows 10 upgraded free from windows 7 long time ago recently updated...

my desktop has windows 10 which was upgraded for free from windows 7. everything was working fine, until around 10 days ago or so, my windows ran some updates and now windows keep giving message for activation. when tried to troubleshoot, the error 0xC004F050 appears everytime.

:)

amitvyas1976, Sep 13, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 13, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

My desktop running windows 10 upgraded free from windows 7 long time ago recently updated...

Microsoft claims I signed up for Windows 10...

Click to expand... This is my list of hidden updates:

My desktop running windows 10 upgraded free from windows 7 long time ago recently updated... hidden-updates-jpg.jpg

P4-630, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

My desktop running windows 10 upgraded free from windows 7 long time ago recently updated...

1. My desktop running windows 10 upgraded free from windows 7 long time ago recently updated... - Similar Threads - desktop running upgraded

2. free upgrade from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free upgrade from windows 7?: I'm hoping to upgrade my desktop from windows 7 to a more current supported version of windows; hopefully for free. Does anyone have any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-from-windows-7/38366330-9fe7-4f3f-ba35-e0ed514290d3
  3. free upgrade from windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free upgrade from windows 7?: I'm hoping to upgrade my desktop from windows 7 to a more current supported version of windows; hopefully for free. Does anyone have any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-from-windows-7/38366330-9fe7-4f3f-ba35-e0ed514290d3
  4. windows 10 not activated after a free upgrade from an activated windows 7 years ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 not activated after a free upgrade from an activated windows 7 years ago: Hi there, just recently found out that my free upgraded windows 10 from an activated windows 7 now says that im not activated. not sure how long its said this but I'm trying to fix. i do have the original windows 7 sticker on the original box when i purchased the pc...
  5. Reinstalling my windows 10 that was upgraded free from windows 7

Reinstalling my windows 10 that was upgraded free from windows 7: Dear All could you please help me to reinstall windows 10 after a computer crash, this was a free update from windows 7 many years ago, I have had to go bake and install my windows 7 disc but can find no way to reinstall windows 10 without being asked for a product key, can...
  6. Free upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 Stuck

Free upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 Stuck: 1. First issue erorr code 0xC1900101-0x40021, after reversal to windows 7 screen freeze Working on Updates 85% Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10-stuck/b41aa4f3-37b7-4145-b48d-f1efe138fe4a
  7. Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?

Is the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 free?: cost to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-the-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-10-free/10095da6-8608-40a5-8858-8be24889f16e
  8. Free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Free upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Dear colleagues. As a new registrant to this forum, may I say thank you for having me. I have a query, being an owner of an old Dell Laptop E6410 that has had Windows 7 installed from new, but, nevertheless, served me well and continues to do so. In view of the imminent...
  9. FREE WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE FROM 7 FOR DISABLED

FREE WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE FROM 7 FOR DISABLED: HELP, DISABLED. NO MONEY TOUPGRADE MY WINDOWS 7 TO 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-windows-10-upgrade-from-7-for-disabled/b89bb045-21d2-4ba6-a8ba-c864e628adce
  10. Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free: How to: Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free How to Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 for Free After 10 years, support for Windows 7 is coming to an end on January 14, 2020. When Windows 7 reaches end of support on January 14, 2020, your computer will still...