Windows 10: my desktop screen is showing all my file folders. How do I put them back where they belong?

Discus and support my desktop screen is showing all my file folders. How do I put them back where they belong? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; An AOL tech support guy changed Desktop on my PC Windows 10 How do I go back to previous screen of a week ago? Right now its covered in my files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rosalie Molloy, Apr 7, 2020.

1. my desktop screen is showing all my file folders. How do I put them back where they belong?

An AOL tech support guy changed Desktop on my PC Windows 10 How do I go back to previous screen of a week ago? Right now its covered in my files and icons!

:)

Rosalie Molloy, Apr 7, 2020
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Apr 7, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 7, 2020
  4. Pavan MK Win User

my desktop screen is showing all my file folders. How do I put them back where they belong?

Why all my newly created files and folders Encrypted in Desktop?

Every time I create a new folder or file and save it to my Desktop, a gold padlock icon appears on it. I tried the following steps but no use:

1. Go to C:\Users\User_Name and select Desktop folder, right click on it, select properties, then go to Advanced, unchecked the option "Encrypt the option to secure data". Then it shows one error as

"An error occurred trying to apply attributes to the file:

C:\Users\User_name\Desktop

The specific file could not be decrypted" .

2. Open an administrator command line and run "cipher /u /n" to list all the EFS files.

Then run "cipher /d "path to the file"" to decrypt all the EFS files.

Any other suggestions ?

Regards

Pavan MK, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

my desktop screen is showing all my file folders. How do I put them back where they belong?

1. my desktop screen is showing all my file folders. How do I put them back where they belong? - Similar Threads - desktop screen showing

2. How do I get my Presonus studio one song track files back where they belong in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my Presonus studio one song track files back where they belong in the...: One drive would not stop popping up so I just clicked to install this billshit so it would leave me alone so could work. Then it took all of my song files out of my Presonus studio. There are thousands of hours of work on original music lyric’s instruments everything. To say...
  3. How do I get my Presonus studio one song track files back where they belong in the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my Presonus studio one song track files back where they belong in the...: One drive would not stop popping up so I just clicked to install this billshit so it would leave me alone so could work. Then it took all of my song files out of my Presonus studio. There are thousands of hours of work on original music lyric’s instruments everything. To say...
  4. Where are my Quick Access folders in File Explorer? How do I get them to show up in my Home...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my Quick Access folders in File Explorer? How do I get them to show up in my Home...: How do I bring back my quick access folders in file explorer? A recent update to Windows 11 removed them for literally no reason, and I need them back. Why would Microsoft release a version of Windows with this huge bug? Even other programs still show quick access folders in...
  5. Where are my Quick Access folders in File Explorer? How do I get them to show up in my Home...

Where are my Quick Access folders in File Explorer? How do I get them to show up in my Home...: How do I bring back my quick access folders in file explorer? A recent update to Windows 11 removed them for literally no reason, and I need them back. Why would Microsoft release a version of Windows with this huge bug? Even other programs still show quick access folders in...
  6. How to put back my Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to put back my Documents folder.: 2 updates ago. My Documents folder on my laptop desktop disapired. I since put a short cut of the document folder.Is there a way that I can just put my Documents fold back? I have windows 10 , 64 bit. on my laptop.Also, Why when I type in something in the search box, Why does...
  7. How to put back my Documents folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to put back my Documents folder.: 2 updates ago. My Documents folder on my laptop desktop disapired. I since put a short cut of the document folder.Is there a way that I can just put my Documents fold back? I have windows 10 , 64 bit. on my laptop.Also, Why when I type in something in the search box, Why does...
  8. How to put back my Documents folder.

9. all my icons changed to this how do i change them back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    all my icons changed to this how do i change them back?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Adamski424 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h9ezpq/all_my_icons_changed_to_this_how_do_i_change_them/
  10. I put my "THIS PC" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo?

in Windows 10 Support
    I put my "THIS PC" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo?: I put my "THIS PC" folder and my "OneDrive" folder into my "Desktop" folder how do I undo? 103327

Users found this page by searching for:

1. help me put file back where they belong