Windows 10: my desktop settings are on the right side of my computer which blocks my screen. How do I...

Discus and support my desktop settings are on the right side of my computer which blocks my screen. How do I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my desktop settings are on the right side of my computer where the control panel used to be. this blocks my screen completely, which prohibits me from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EuniceMorrissette, Apr 23, 2021.

1. my desktop settings are on the right side of my computer which blocks my screen. How do I...

my desktop settings are on the right side of my computer where the control panel used to be. this blocks my screen completely, which prohibits me from doing anything. How can I get these items back to the bottom of the screen?

:)

EuniceMorrissette, Apr 23, 2021

2. Computer takes too long time to boot to Desktop screen.

Hi,

Before we assist you, we would like to know the below information,

• Do you receive an error code message?

• Which Windows 10 build is installed on the Computer?

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    There are two possible explanations:

• An external device (mouse, printer) could be the culprit;

• This issue could be due to outdated display drivers and updating them could make the black screen disappear.
    I suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1 – Check the external devices

• Unplug all external devices

• Restart the computer

• If the black screen has disappeared, add the devices back one at a time to see which piece of hardware is causing this issue

• Once identified, install updated drivers for that particular piece of hardware.

Method 2: I suggest you to
    install the updates
    again using the steps below, and restart the computer.

• Click on Check for updates, Windows will automatically download the latest updates.
    • In search type Check for updates and hit enter.
    If the computer does not load up within 1 minute, I suggest you to Press & hold the power button down until the laptop or PC clicks off. Leave for 1 minute and start up again using the power button. The upgrading windows screen should appear
    soon after.

Method 3:

I suggest you to follow the Fast startup option Settings, if you are able to boot to the desktop screen.

• You may also try enabling the Fast Startup.

• Press Windows
      + X key and click Control Panel.

• Click on Power options.

• Click on "Choose what the power buttons do".

• Click on "Change settings that are currently unavailable". If it prompts to click on yes, then click
      yes.

• Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (Recommended)" under shutdown settings.

• Click Save changes
      to configure the settings.

Method 4: Try updating the display driver through device manager and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.

• Select Device Manager.

• Expand Display Adapter.

• Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
        Update driver software.
    If that does not helps, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver.

Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Right click on start screen.

• Select Device manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Apr 23, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Apr 23, 2021
  4. my desktop settings are on the right side of my computer which blocks my screen. How do I...

Setting window partially blocked

Hi,

I suggest you to check the screen resolution and set it to 1920*1080 and check if it helps. If the issue still persists, then update the display driver by following the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

my desktop settings are on the right side of my computer which blocks my screen. How do I...

1. my desktop settings are on the right side of my computer which blocks my screen. How do I... - Similar Threads - desktop settings are

2. My mouse is stuck at the right side of my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse is stuck at the right side of my screen: So this issue came out of nowhere. I was in the main menu of Valorant when suddenly my mouse just teleported and started getting stuck to the far center right side of my screen. If I try to drag it then the next frame it gets pulled back in. Issue persisted even after closing...
  3. My mouse is stuck at the right side of my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse is stuck at the right side of my screen: So this issue came out of nowhere. I was in the main menu of Valorant when suddenly my mouse just teleported and started getting stuck to the far center right side of my screen. If I try to drag it then the next frame it gets pulled back in. Issue persisted even after closing...
  4. How do I move the taskbar to the right side of my screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move the taskbar to the right side of my screen in Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I VERY much prefer to have my task bar in a vertical alignment along the right side of my screen. It seems with this latest window update you cannot have the taskbar anywhere but along the bottom. Is there some way I can update this?...
  5. How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?: There is a letter b which looks like comic strip dialogue. Below it is a mirror, a picnic basket, two chess pieces, a tree and some other stuff and "settings" in the lower right corner....
  6. How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?

How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?: There is a letter b which looks like comic strip dialogue. Below it is a mirror, a picnic basket, two chess pieces, a tree and some other stuff and "settings" in the lower right corner....
  7. cant do things on the right side of my screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant do things on the right side of my screen.: The right side of my screen hasn't been working. For example, when I try to click something on the right side or scroll it won't let me.I do not think it is an app running in the background because if I close all of the running apps and go to my home screen and try to drag...
  8. cant do things on the right side of my screen.

cant do things on the right side of my screen.: The right side of my screen hasn't been working. For example, when I try to click something on the right side or scroll it won't let me.I do not think it is an app running in the background because if I close all of the running apps and go to my home screen and try to drag...
  9. cant do things on the right side of my screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Scroll bar on the right side of my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll bar on the right side of my desktop: [IMG]For some reason a day ago, a scroll bar appeared on my desktop, that i cant interact with, or remove at all. I ran windows antivirus, and it detected a threat which i then proceeded to remove from my computer. But the white bar is still there. What do i do?...