Windows 10: my desktop turned black after doing the windows memory diagnostic

Discus and support my desktop turned black after doing the windows memory diagnostic in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; yesterday I opened the windows memory diagnostic to try if it really works after choosing the restart to fix problems my desktop turned black I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Quincy JonesDela Cruz, Mar 4, 2021.

1. my desktop turned black after doing the windows memory diagnostic

yesterday I opened the windows memory diagnostic to try if it really works after choosing the restart to fix problems my desktop turned black I tried the ctrl + alt + del key but still the same I also tried the windows key + shift + ctrl + B but still the same nothing changed. My screen still is black with a blinking white line. I tried to search on how to solve the problem with it but nothing worked.

I am hoping that someone might help me solve this problem because I need to fkx my desktop as soon as possible beacuse I cannot do my assignment in my programming class.

Thank you!

:)

Quincy JonesDela Cruz, Mar 4, 2021
  2. bar9 Win User

Windows memory diagnostic tool not Working in Windows 10

Thanks, Jenith. The problem is that: when I attempt to run Memory Diagnostics Tool manually per your instructions:

• Open Memory Diagnostics Tool by going to Control Panel. In the search box, type Memory, and then click Diagnose your computer's memory problems. 
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Choose when to run the tool.
    When I choose when to run the tool (i.e., for instance, chosing 'restart now and check for problems'), and then shut the computer down, when it comes back up, I get a black screen (as I described in original post), and it appears that Memory Diagnostics
    Tool does not run at all. I wait and wait for minutes ... hours, and screen remains black, with Memory Diagnostics Tool not appearing to be running. I then turn the computer off, and then back on and it boots up normally to Windows 10 without running the Memory
    Diagnostics Tool. Whatever my approach, it seems that Memory Diagnostics Tool will not run.

The Memory Diagnostics Tool has not otherwise run automatically on its own.

bar9, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Memory diagnostic test results not found

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This is very unusual that you are unable to find the results for Memory Diagnostic test.

Usually, when the memory diagnostic is complete the results will be stored under Event Viewer. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to access Event Viewer logs for Memory Diagnostic.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for Run.
    2. In Run dialog box, type eventvwr and hit enter.
    3. Now expand Windows Logs and click on
      System.

You can use the filter or the find option in Event Viewer to check for specific logs. You can try the steps mentioned below to filter memory diagnostic results in Event Viewer.

1. Right click on System and click on
      Find.
    2. Now type Memory Diagnostic results and click on
      Find Next

This should pull up the results for Memory Diagnostic that you have ran.

Let us know if there are any concerns, we will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 4, 2021
  4. my desktop turned black after doing the windows memory diagnostic

Unable to find the Memory Diagnostics problem

Greeting everyone !!!

Few months ago i upgrade to WINDOWS 10 from my Windows 7 using MediaCreationTool since that time my task bar is being refresh continuously After some mins and show me this Explorer.exe error message

my desktop turned black after doing the windows memory diagnostic 9c1be6f5-58d6-4401-a2a4-de06743d073e.png

Also it got stuck and hang many times.

Please refer a video to see the Refreshing desktop with task-bar.

http://screencast.com/t/Wn820q7Zw

------------------------------------------------------

Its Memory Diagnostics Tool problem i know So

i did the scan with Memory Diagnostics Tool i did the

• Basic
    • Standard
    Scan but NO memory error found but when i do

• Extended
    Scan but it stuck on 10% using the Extended scan not going further .

but still no error found any other suggestion and any log that i can check or post here.

Ameer

Ameerhamza10, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

my desktop turned black after doing the windows memory diagnostic

1. my desktop turned black after doing the windows memory diagnostic - Similar Threads - desktop turned black

2. Windows Memory Diagnostic

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Memory Diagnostic: I have an English Windows 10 install that was purchased directly from MS. The Chinese language has never been used on this machine. I got a BSOD for memory management. I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the whole time it ran, it was in Chinese. How could this be and how...
  3. Windows Memory Diagnostic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Memory Diagnostic: I have an English Windows 10 install that was purchased directly from MS. The Chinese language has never been used on this machine. I got a BSOD for memory management. I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the whole time it ran, it was in Chinese. How could this be and how...
  4. Windows 11: Blank/Black Screen After Memory Diagnostic Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: Blank/Black Screen After Memory Diagnostic Restart: Thank you in advance for anyone who can help me.I downloaded Windows Memory Diagnostics today onto my laptop--Windows 11 HP Spectre 9th Gen i7 with 512g SSD + 32g Optane Memory+ 16 g RAMI was unsure if my Optane Memory was being used.Upon running it and accepting its prompt...
  5. Windows 11: Blank/Black Screen After Memory Diagnostic Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: Blank/Black Screen After Memory Diagnostic Restart: Thank you in advance for anyone who can help me.I downloaded Windows Memory Diagnostics today onto my laptop--Windows 11 HP Spectre 9th Gen i7 with 512g SSD + 32g Optane Memory+ 16 g RAMI was unsure if my Optane Memory was being used.Upon running it and accepting its prompt...
  6. Windows Memory Diagnostic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Memory Diagnostic: I dont exactly know what this is or how to fix it but everytime I start up my pc I get this I put the image in here. Does anyone know how to fix it?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-memory-diagnostic/36ec2feb-29bd-4944-9c10-4ec19c35e497
  7. windows memory diagnostic

windows memory diagnostic: I am going to be overclocking my computer, starting with ram ofcourse. I just got a new system. I went to go test my ram and make sure its stable on default, when it gives the option to restart or next time my computer boots, i click restart and then windows fails to start....
  8. Windows 10 Memory Diagnostics No Display After Turning Off Monitor

Windows 10 Memory Diagnostics No Display After Turning Off Monitor: Hi, I am trying to run the windows 10 Memory diagnostics on my computer to figure out if I have bad memory. I think it is bad memory because my computer randomly crashes maybe once a day or every 2 days, depending on my use. It does not BSOD, instead it immediately crashes...
  9. Memory Diagnostic after BSOD

Memory Diagnostic after BSOD: I recently got a BSOD Blue Screen Of Death, I wasn't that scared, because it just happened once. However I just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong, so I searched for the reason and it leaded me to ntoskrnl.exe and after some research I found that it is managing my memory...
  10. windows memory diagnostic

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows memory diagnostic: howdy, couple days ago ran win 10 built in memory diagnostic tool to find every boot its in taskbar, cant double click/right click on it as nothing happens, have to use task manager to stop it, checked startup/task scheduler but its not set to run every time pc runs, how do i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows memory diagnostic black screen

2. black screen after running windows memory diagnostic

3. Black screen afer running memory check tool

4. Memory diagnostic tool crashes and black screen appears