Windows 10: My desktop view is my D drive instead of my C drive

Discus and support My desktop view is my D drive instead of my C drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need help to revert the view of my desktop. It was originally the C drive where all my main files are there but after I moved a game file to D drive,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by messie00, Jul 10, 2021.

1. messie00 Win User

My desktop view is my D drive instead of my C drive

I need help to revert the view of my desktop. It was originally the C drive where all my main files are there but after I moved a game file to D drive, my desktop view suddenly changes to my D drive files.

:)

messie00, Jul 10, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

How do I show the desktop on the D drive instead of the one on the C drive?

Hi Jill_227

Is that Desktop folder on your D drive an exact copy of your Desktop folder on your C drive?

And does the Desktop folder still exist on your C drive?

If so, you should delete the Desktop folder on your D Drive, then move (not copy) your Desktop folder form your C drive to your D drive

To do that, open File Explorer, on the left click Quick Access, then on the right, right click your Desktop folder and choose the Location Tab of the resulting dialog

Form there, you can move that folder to your D Drive, if you are entering the location manually, do not just enter D:\ you must enter a location like D:\Desktop, otherwise, your Desktop will merge with your D drive

Or, if you have previously moved that Desktop to your D Drive

Click your Start Button, type regedit and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor

Click View and make sure 'Address Bar' is turned on

Paste this into the Address Bar at the top and hit Enter

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Please provide a screenshot of that Registry Editor window .. .

DaveM121, Jul 10, 2021
  3. LHuck Win User
    App download keeps defaulting to D drive instead of C drive.

DaveM121,

If I do your first suggestion so I no longer see the D drive will that let me download and install the Nox player on my computer and will it automatically go to my C drive instead of the D drive like it has been doing?

If I do your second suggestion again will I be able to download and install Nox player on my computer?

And finally, which is the best all-a-round option?

Thanks,

LHuck, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Jill_227 Win User

How do I show the desktop on the D drive instead of the one on the C drive?

My C drive, boot drive, is getting full; so I copied the desktop to the D drive, but the machine still boots into the desktop on the C drive. How can I change it to boot into the desktop on the D drive?

Jill_227, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

1. My desktop view is my D drive instead of my C drive - Similar Threads - desktop view drive

2. My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?: A couple days ago, my computer stopped working for “inaccessible boot device” error. I tried everything that is available, and now resetting windows will be the only option now.However, before I did. I was checking my files in cmd making sure everything is there and I noticed...
  3. My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My c drive ssd contents is in my d drive hdd?: A couple days ago, my computer stopped working for “inaccessible boot device” error. I tried everything that is available, and now resetting windows will be the only option now.However, before I did. I was checking my files in cmd making sure everything is there and I noticed...
  4. Why would DumpStack.log.tmp be on my D drive instead of C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why would DumpStack.log.tmp be on my D drive instead of C: When I try to sync my D drive partition with my external hard drive FreeFileSync keeps saying that it cannot sync DumpStack.log.tmp since it is in use. But I cannot find it on the D drive even with hidden files turned on. I thought DumpStack.log.tmp was supposed to be on CI...
  5. Windows is in my C and D drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is in my C and D drive.: After I tried to update my PC with Windows 10 setup, I saw at the end it said it wanted to remove ALL my files and settings on my pc because it was in an unsupported directory. So I checked my C and D drive and saw "Windows" and "Windows10Upgrade" in both drives. I checked...
  6. is it possible to download office 365 on my d drive instead of c drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it possible to download office 365 on my d drive instead of c drive?: . submitted by /u/Ilovearfa123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqvdeb/is_it_possible_to_download_office_365_on_my_d/
  7. Desktop is my D: Drive - no desktop folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop is my D: Drive - no desktop folder: hello. My computer is new and I have a solid state drive for my main C and a regular hard drive for the D:. My D: acts as my desktop folder so when I move any files into it they are placed onto my desktop. I'm wondering how I create a desktop folder in my d: drive so...
  8. My Desktop is a D Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Desktop is a D Drive: I moved my Desktop Location to my Hard Drive. I accidentally forgot to add the Desktop subfolder in the location. Now everything I save in my D drive also goes to the desktop and everything I save in the Desktop directly goes to the D drive without any subfolders. Tried...
  9. D drive installations instead of C drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    D drive installations instead of C drive: During installations of any of my apps I always try to install them on my D drive. (Not MS Store apps, I can't stand that drivel.) I notice that certain apps absolutely refuse to offer any alternative installation location besides the C drive (system drive). No such dialogue...
  10. Search indexing is indexing my D: drive instead of C:

in Windows 10 Support
    Search indexing is indexing my D: drive instead of C:: dual boot system 10 on C:, 7 on D: Search indexing insists on indexing drive D: instead of C: No matter how many times I uncheck indexing locations on D: and choose proper locations on C:, when indexing starts to rebuild it reverts back to D: I though I had solved by...